Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What side of the fence are you on?
Go Carr!!!! 90 90.91%
No Carr!!!! 4 4.04%
Other 5 5.05%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2006   #1
Avenged Sevenfold Texan

Default Another Carr Thread - Let's make it the last until the Season starts.

Let's list who is a Carr supporter or basher and be done with it til the Season starts.

Old 07-23-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a Texan fan first. Carr is our starting QB and second highest paid player on the team. We need him not to make any mistakes when he gets an opportunity to do his job and we need him to work us out of a jam every once in a while when other's miss their assignments.
Old 07-23-2006   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I am Pro-Texans...that will include everyone on the team till they're not with us anymore. I'm a homer to a fault, but that's me. I think, and hope, that Carr will turn into everyone's quarterback before season's end.
Old 07-23-2006   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well here's the only problem. Even though there are plenty of Carr detractors on the boards, I don't think anyone is really rooting against him. Even though some people don't like Carr or have lost faith in him, I think they still want him to do well for the Texans. I'm sure they'd gladly eat any crow you can give them if Carr has a breakout season.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Well here's the only problem. Even though there are plenty of Carr detractors on the boards, I don't think anyone is really rooting against him. Even though some people don't like Carr or have lost faith in him, I think they still want him to do well for the Texans. I'm sure they'd gladly eat any crow you can give them if Carr has a breakout season.
Never underestimate the power of thr VY manlove Luke.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #6
kikiscafe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
I am Pro-Texans...that will include everyone on the team till they're not with us anymore. I'm a homer to a fault, but that's me. I think, and hope, that Carr will turn into everyone's quarterback before season's end.
Totally agree. I just read John McClain article about Troy Aikman :

Troy on Norv
When former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman joins the Pro Football Hall of Fame next month, he'll be presented by his former offensive coordinator, Norv Turner

"In all the years I played football, and for the 12 years I played for the Cowboys, Norv was a part of that for three years," Aikman said. "And yet I don't think there's any question that I wouldn't have become the player I was able to become. I certainly would not be getting inducted into the Hall of Fame if it weren't for his impact.

"He came in at a time when I was a young quarterback going into my third season, had struggled my first few years and needed some guidance, needed somebody to kind of show me how to do it, and put me in a system that allowed me to do the things that I could do. And he did that."

I hope Kubiak is the "Norv Turner" for David Car.
kikiscafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #7
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
Never underestimate the power of thr VY manlove Luke.

AMEN!!!!!

we should start a pool to see when Bud The Crud trots VY into game because of Billy Volek interception/loss ETC.
Old 07-23-2006   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiscafe
Totally agree. I just read John McClain article about Troy Aikman :

Troy on Norv
When former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman joins the Pro Football Hall of Fame next month, he'll be presented by his former offensive coordinator, Norv Turner

"In all the years I played football, and for the 12 years I played for the Cowboys, Norv was a part of that for three years," Aikman said. "And yet I don't think there's any question that I wouldn't have become the player I was able to become. I certainly would not be getting inducted into the Hall of Fame if it weren't for his impact.

"He came in at a time when I was a young quarterback going into my third season, had struggled my first few years and needed some guidance, needed somebody to kind of show me how to do it, and put me in a system that allowed me to do the things that I could do. And he did that."

I hope Kubiak is the "Norv Turner" for David Car.
Bravo Kiki, thanks for the post. I especially like the part following...

Quote:
Kubiak in charge
With new coach Gary Kubiak in charge of the Texans, players better beware.

"If a player doesn't fit what they're doing, they won't keep him around because he was a high pick or cost a lot of money to acquire," owner Bob McNair said.

Former offensive tackle Todd Wade is a good example. He got a $10 million signing bonus to come to the Texans from the Dolphins and was waived last week.

"He'll get signed by somebody, and he might play real well for them, but our coaches determined that he didn't fit our system and — boom — it was done," McNair said. "They (new coaches) don't worry about things like how high somebody was drafted or how much money they cost.

"Gary's philosophy is the best people play. If you don't have that philosophy, it undermines morale."

That should be an indicator that the current mindset of the Texans is one of WINNING.
Old 07-23-2006   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted "Go Carr!"

I'm a Texans fan first and want what's best for the team. Personally, I don't know if he is The Man or not, but given Kubiak willing to stake his career on him based on conversations and tape, I'm just looking forward to seeing how this works out.

I think his skill sets are a good match for the system Kubiak is putting in. I have the questions that a lot of people have, link, but at this point they are questions.

I believe no quarterback would have thrived under the system and players we've had in place.

It's not a debate I'm terribly interested in getting in because: 1. He's the QB; 2. Draft is over and there are no viable alternatives; 3. So let's just sit back and watch and see if the experts are right.

There has been some horrible QB play and glimpses of what is possible. It will be interesting what our experiment of being patient ends up looking like.

I think for most people here, nothing would make them happier than Carr succeeding and the Texans succeeding along with him. Would be a great story.
Old 07-23-2006   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Gary's philosophy is the best people play. If you don't have that philosophy, it undermines morale."
This is one of the reasons why Rod Smith thinks Gary Kubiak has hung the moon. He was undrafted, and has had a great career with Denver.
Old 07-23-2006   #11
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

could be worse could have a 34 year old mobility challenged QB (I didn't say Bledsoe/Dallas)
Old 07-23-2006   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

10 out of 10 Texans fans vote "Go Carr". He should start blossoming this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

As several other people have said, I'm a Texan fan. Carr is my QB and I'm rooting for him. He had a good season a couple of years ago and I think he's got all the tools he needs to be successful. I worry that the beating he's taken is going to get into his head and he'd damaged emotionally. I don't really understand the fans that are virulently anti-Carr. I've probably been more pro-Carr on this board than I normally would have been in reaction to the people who hate him.

But, really, the bottom line is that we brought in a new coaching staff and they've made the call that Carr can make it. It's a bit too early for me to start doubting the new coaching staff. They had every opportunity to ditch him and start fresh and chose not to. That may or may not have been a mistake but, as fans, isn't it our duty to root for him and cheer him on instead of bashing him and calling him the worst QB in the Superbowl era? (Which is in itself an ridiculous statement.)
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted other..

I have no choice to vote other until I can see what Kubiak can do. I have stated in the past, I believe Carr has all the tools to make pretty much anythrow on the field. I just need to see if he believes it and that is Kubiaks job to get David "deprogrammed" and trust his teammates and his teammates trusting him. Once he does that, he will be looking downfield instead of looking at the rush. Right now his mindset (and David did say it) was look at 1st option, then DD ... I don't blame him due to the lack of pass blocking at times and other times the alarm went off in Carr's head that he needs to start running even when he had decent pass protection.

I believe in what I hear from the coaching staff , yet I am cautious, because I remember last season talking about how the defensive line was faster,thinner and getting after it and the offense looked better; yet when the season started, we weren't prepared for the train wreck that was going to happen.. I am still cautious on what is said with this new staff, yet I have some faith inside of me.. This is easiest the most talent we have had on the offensive side of the ball (coaching and players)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't stand Carr, will spend this entire offseason lamenting his resigning...but as I've said before...Come that first Sunday, I don't care if Adolf Hitler straps on the uniform, he is a Texan and I will cheer for him...but this offseason Im airing out all my grievances against David...make no mistake, Im sure he will fail. I hope Im wrong, but Im pretty sure Im not.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Can't stand Carr, will spend this entire offseason lamenting his resigning...but as I've said before...Come that first Sunday, I don't care if Adolf Hitler straps on the uniform, he is a Texan and I will cheer for him...but this offseason Im airing out all my grievances against David...make no mistake, Im sure he will fail. I hope Im wrong, but Im pretty sure Im not.
Hopefully Adolf has something better to be doing on Sundays instead of QB'ing our Offense, lol. (Reminds me Hitler)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #17
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Voted Go Carr. we shall see how the season plays out.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I hope Carr get's the job done..... and doesn't look like a rookie.

I will root for him to succeed, but I'll probably start a thread everytime he screws up.......
Old 07-23-2006   #19
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue
I voted "Go Carr!"
I am a fan of the Texans and have been discouraged at Carr's performance as well as the teams performance over the past few years.

Which brings me to my next point...
I am also disappointed with MY performance last night on the "Carr-Basher" Thread. I lashed out at gpshafer (I think that was his name) in a way that I'm disgusted with.

It was wholely inappropriate and I'd like to apologize to him.

I was shocked to find myself on a board that stated that I "Hated Carr." I don't hate anyone! I lashed out in "the flesh" and hope that you guys don't think less of me. I was angry and wanted to put him "in his place." Not right! Totally wrong! Not a Christian thing to have done...AT ALL!

Sorry to all!
Go Texans!
It's all good brother. We've all had to mend some fences in the past, I've gotten pretty good at mending fences here lately.

As for the vote...I voter "Go Carr" as well.

Last edited by Texan Asylum; 07-23-2006 at 04:22 PM.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #20
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Not too bad. Everybody except potstirrer pretty much gave David their support, and of course with a name like that how else could he have voted? Thing I don't like is the "I hate Carr". Why exactly? Was it because, on 99% of the sacks, he had less than 2 seconds, forget the 4 second norm, to get the ball off? Is it because the QB is the most visible person in an offense, and thus is given way too much credit when things go right, and way, way too much disrespect when things go wrong? Or that he had an offensive line that had been neglected by Capers and his drafting buddies for the whole time you could call the Texans a pro football team. And was it Carr's fault that Caper's was loyal to a fault to his coaches, especially the worlds worst offensive line coach, and offensive coordinator, Pendy? No, I think potstirrer just likes to think of himself in the limelight by stirring his smug little pot. Pitiful.

I voted GO CARR! And I will outright guarantee you, that with Kubiak for a HC, and Sherman as the offensive line coach, and assistant HC, David Carr will rock!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read