Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-23-2006   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McClain's report

On chron.com McClain's audio report promises big things in the Sunday 7/23 edition. Good news is that they'll have the stuff on the website too. Bad news is he mentioned the Cowboys and Titans like he always does and quickly follows it with a "I know Texan fans don't want to hear that." THEN WHY SAY IT???
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #2
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Typical McClain. Replace him with Texans_Chick, then we can look forward to it!

But

GO

TEXANS!

I AM SOOOOO PSYCHED

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #3
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
Typical McClain. Replace him with Texans_Chick, then we can look forward to it!

But

GO

TEXANS!
not to mention Texans Chick looks better than John McClain
Old 07-23-2006   #4
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
not to mention Texans Chick looks better than John McClain
Anything is better than that Mustache lol!

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #5
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
Anything is better than that Mustache lol!
not going to go there....LOL
Old 07-23-2006   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
not going to go there....LOL
Yep, you'd be banned for life lol. Yeah well the Comica, er Pravda Houston, threw us a bone this morning. Looks like McClain took a bunch of it off the wire and this site.
Astro's can't pull down a 4.0 share and we're still on the back pages. At least it's a bone. Let me lick the boot that kicks me.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved the 10" tall color picture of T.O. on the same pages as the Texans Training Camp guide ... it's the biggest photo in the spread (yeah, I know it's part of "NFL Notebook" but who cares? I also liked the 14 paragraphs about T.O. and the Cowboys in the Notebook (which takes up nearly half the space of the two page spread. And then there's the lauding of Owens as the best offseason move and the Cowboys as one of three teams to watch in 2006 across the bottom of the page -- the same page as the 'Texans Training Camp special.' Bleh.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Why can't McClain do one show for just the Texans, and then one for the rest of the NFL? Why does he have to combine the two?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its been what....like 45 days sense he wrote anything, much less about the Texans? Nice work if you can get it I guess, and then it looks like pretty much a cut N past job. Sure glad he is the one covering the Texans, he does such a wonderfull job.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I loved the 10" tall color picture of T.O. on the same pages as the Texans Training Camp guide ... it's the biggest photo in the spread (yeah, I know it's part of "NFL Notebook" but who cares? I also liked the 14 paragraphs about T.O. and the Cowboys in the Notebook (which takes up nearly half the space of the two page spread. And then there's the lauding of Owens as the best offseason move and the Cowboys as one of three teams to watch in 2006 across the bottom of the page -- the same page as the 'Texans Training Camp special.' Bleh.
I dunno, but sometimes I think the people who run the Chronicle Sports dept just have no concept of diplomacy with the locals. Then again, maybe they just try to annoy the locals who follow the Texans because they enjoy it ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.

I must invest in a tinfoil hat because that was exactly what I was thinking. I would have preferred ALL Texans stuff and the rest of the page being advertising, over having that non-Texans crud befoul the happiness which is the beginning of camp.

It was nice to see the small plug for the blog though.

If you don't care for the coverage, you know where to send the letters:

readerrep@chron.com

http://blogs.chron.com/aboutchron/

I couldn't find the sportsletters link. I know it is on there somewheres but I can't find it handy.

Thoughtful, reasoned-out letters sometimes get things done.
Old 07-23-2006   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

The Richard Justice audiostream is up too.

Most of it doesn't have anything too surprising on it. He had to put in a blast saying that the pick of Williams over Bush was "idiotic." But then later stating the reasons why Kubiak probably did it--that the scoring is on Kubiak to accomplish with the folks we've got.
Old 07-23-2006   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, I can't find any of this stuff that McClain said was going to be in the paper and ONLINE. Am I missing something? I am under the sports tab, then the Texans tab. . . All the stuff there is old with the exception of the Kubs changing a 2-14 team.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was pretty dissapointed in this 'preview'. I wasn't expecting much to be honest though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read