Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-21-2006   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default chris brown makin more noise

officialy requests trade
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Bingo.

This is the caliber of running back that you go after. Not Bennett.

With DD's situation, I say this is worth a shot.

Only thing is that we'll have to deal with the devil who wears a baby blue leisure suit. Uggh.......
Old 07-21-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Remember the last player that played at a position we needed and was unhappy where he was...

Let's hope we can do the same thing here.
Old 07-21-2006   #4
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Remember the last player that played at a position we needed and was unhappy where he was...

Let's hope we can do the same thing here.
Buchanon?
Old 07-21-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
Buchanon?
Try again. I'll help you out
Old 07-21-2006   #6
AtheGreat
Veteran

After doing a little research, i'm starting to warm up to him being a decent back to take some of the load off DD. but, do you think that the Titan FO would let him go to a div. rival? but if he did, what do you think we could get him for?
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

I don't think they're going to worry too much about who gets him as long as they feel like they got the better end of it. Then by all means they'd like to rip off one of there division rivals, so I guess we've got a jump on everyone else
Old 07-22-2006   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Bud would make us take one for Chris Brown. That's just how he is.

Is it worth it?

Chris Brown is a proven runner, stuck in a Titans system that has been dwindling for some years now. I think in Kubiak's scheme he can be a star again.

I'd take him over antowain Smith, Michael Bennett, and the other scrubs that are out there.

if Kubiak is serious about needing one more big back...this is about as good as it 's going to get.
Old 07-22-2006   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

There is no real point to bring in Chris Brown or Michael Bennet even though I would take Brown over Bennet anyday. They are both injury prone and we dont need either.
Old 07-22-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Yeah, Bud would make us take one for Chris Brown. That's just how he is.

Is it worth it?

Chris Brown is a proven runner, stuck in a Titans system that has been dwindling for some years now. I think in Kubiak's scheme he can be a star again.

I'd take him over antowain Smith, Michael Bennett, and the other scrubs that are out there.

if Kubiak is serious about needing one more big back...this is about as good as it 's going to get.
I don't know, Brown has battled injuries moreso than Domanick Davis has. He is a pretty solid RB and is more of a power RB that we don't really have other than Antowain Smith, so I'd be willing to give him a shot if we can get him for a pretty cheap contract and a good deal on a trade, but I'm not counting on either of those happening.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006   #11
Doom Capers
Veteran

i think brown will be a texan within the next 2 weeks
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

This is either going to happen quickly, or it won't even be a blip on the Texans' radar screen.

From what I have seen thus far, Kubiak zeroes in on a player and we go out and get him. Givens was always just a gamble, we really didn't make much of a move for him...but we were hot on Moulds' trail from the get-go and we were relentless in pursuing the deal.

So, I think we'll know very quickly if Kubiak and his staff want Chris Brown or not. And that's what I like about Kubiak: No head games. If he wants a guy, like he did with Putzier and Moulds, then we're going to get 'em.

Should be interesting.
Old 07-23-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
From what I have seen thus far, Kubiak zeroes in on a player and we go out and get him.
I wonder - how does the recent addition of Wade's dead money to our cap hinder further acquisition of good players?
Old 07-23-2006   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I wonder - how does the recent addition of Wade's dead money to our cap hinder further acquisition of good players?
If they really want to sign someone that will take up a decent amount of cap room, they can push some of Wade's cap hit back until next year. I don't know when the deadline is to decide how much of that hit they will take this year and have it officially added to the cap or if they can adjust that for a while still. I don't think they are really going to sign anyone else unless someone gets released during the preseason anyways.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #15
doughboy
Veteran

You cant have Chris hes ours
Old 07-24-2006   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brown eyeing Broncos

LINK

If he and his agents have their druthers, running back Chris Brown will return to Colorado. The former University of Colorado star has Denver at the "top of our list," one of his agents, Ryan Morgan said.

Brown has requested to be traded by Tennessee, but Morgan said the Titans have denied the request thus far.

"Denver would be a good fit for Chris," Morgan said. "We all know how well Denver runs the ball, and we think Chris, with his style, could have a big year there."

Denver has been exploring adding another tailback but a trade for Brown, who is entering the final season of his contract, could be difficult.
Old 07-24-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

why? they have Bell,Anderson,Dayne and Cobb.

I can't imagine why Denver would give up a pick for him when they have some runners. I mean would Brown really be an upgrade that would take them over the top?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to be a party pooper here guys but.......................You would have to be an idiot to trade with your conference rival. Casserly being a case in point.

We have a better chance of Bush holding out till next years draft and the Texans taking him with there first pick. The Texans stand a better chance of sweeping the division and winning the super-bowl. There is a better chance of the sun rising in the west and setting in the east. There is even a better chance of Justice and McClain not saying one thing about Vince Young this next season then there is of Adams trading a pretty good running back to a division rival that could hurt his clubs chance for winning a division or making it to the playoffs. Especially if that rival is his old teams home town.

Sorry guys, I just don't think its gonna happen.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

well there is a chance of trading a 2nd,3rd and swopping 4th's (if i remember correctly) for a move to get a 1st err Chris Brown

oh wait we did that already
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #20
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
why? they have Bell,Anderson,Dayne and Cobb.

I can't imagine why Denver would give up a pick for him when they have some runners. I mean would Brown really be an upgrade that would take them over the top?

Mike Anderson is with Baltimore now. He was the Broncos leading rusher last season. Shanahan questions whether or not Tatum Bell can carry the load.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read