Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

chris brown makin more noise

Bingo.

This is the caliber of running back that you go after. Not Bennett.

With DD's situation, I say this is worth a shot.

Only thing is that we'll have to deal with the devil who wears a baby blue leisure suit. Uggh.......:spy:

Remember the last player that played at a position we needed and was unhappy where he was...

Let's hope we can do the same thing here.

After doing a little research, i'm starting to warm up to him being a decent back to take some of the load off DD. but, do you think that the Titan FO would let him go to a div. rival? but if he did, what do you think we could get him for?

I don't think they're going to worry too much about who gets him as long as they feel like they got the better end of it. Then by all means they'd like to rip off one of there division rivals, so I guess we've got a jump on everyone else :shades:

Yeah, Bud would make us take one for Chris Brown. That's just how he is.

Is it worth it?

Chris Brown is a proven runner, stuck in a Titans system that has been dwindling for some years now. I think in Kubiak's scheme he can be a star again.

I'd take him over antowain Smith, Michael Bennett, and the other scrubs that are out there.

if Kubiak is serious about needing one more big back...this is about as good as it 's going to get.

There is no real point to bring in Chris Brown or Michael Bennet even though I would take Brown over Bennet anyday. They are both injury prone and we dont need either.

gpshafer_1976 said:
Yeah, Bud would make us take one for Chris Brown. That's just how he is.

Is it worth it?

Chris Brown is a proven runner, stuck in a Titans system that has been dwindling for some years now. I think in Kubiak's scheme he can be a star again.

I'd take him over antowain Smith, Michael Bennett, and the other scrubs that are out there.

if Kubiak is serious about needing one more big back...this is about as good as it 's going to get.

I don't know, Brown has battled injuries moreso than Domanick Davis has. He is a pretty solid RB and is more of a power RB that we don't really have other than Antowain Smith, so I'd be willing to give him a shot if we can get him for a pretty cheap contract and a good deal on a trade, but I'm not counting on either of those happening.

This is either going to happen quickly, or it won't even be a blip on the Texans' radar screen.

From what I have seen thus far, Kubiak zeroes in on a player and we go out and get him. Givens was always just a gamble, we really didn't make much of a move for him...but we were hot on Moulds' trail from the get-go and we were relentless in pursuing the deal.

So, I think we'll know very quickly if Kubiak and his staff want Chris Brown or not. And that's what I like about Kubiak: No head games. If he wants a guy, like he did with Putzier and Moulds, then we're going to get 'em.

Should be interesting.

gpshafer_1976 said:
From what I have seen thus far, Kubiak zeroes in on a player and we go out and get him.

I wonder - how does the recent addition of Wade's dead money to our cap hinder further acquisition of good players?

Runner said:
I wonder - how does the recent addition of Wade's dead money to our cap hinder further acquisition of good players?

If they really want to sign someone that will take up a decent amount of cap room, they can push some of Wade's cap hit back until next year. I don't know when the deadline is to decide how much of that hit they will take this year and have it officially added to the cap or if they can adjust that for a while still. I don't think they are really going to sign anyone else unless someone gets released during the preseason anyways.

LINK

If he and his agents have their druthers, running back Chris Brown will return to Colorado. The former University of Colorado star has Denver at the "top of our list," one of his agents, Ryan Morgan said.

Brown has requested to be traded by Tennessee, but Morgan said the Titans have denied the request thus far.

"Denver would be a good fit for Chris," Morgan said. "We all know how well Denver runs the ball, and we think Chris, with his style, could have a big year there."

Denver has been exploring adding another tailback but a trade for Brown, who is entering the final season of his contract, could be difficult.

why? they have Bell,Anderson,Dayne and Cobb.

I can't imagine why Denver would give up a pick for him when they have some runners. I mean would Brown really be an upgrade that would take them over the top?

I hate to be a party pooper here guys but.......................You would have to be an idiot to trade with your conference rival. Casserly being a case in point.

We have a better chance of Bush holding out till next years draft and the Texans taking him with there first pick. The Texans stand a better chance of sweeping the division and winning the super-bowl. There is a better chance of the sun rising in the west and setting in the east. There is even a better chance of Justice and McClain not saying one thing about Vince Young this next season then there is of Adams trading a pretty good running back to a division rival that could hurt his clubs chance for winning a division or making it to the playoffs. Especially if that rival is his old teams home town.

Sorry guys, I just don't think its gonna happen.

well there is a chance of trading a 2nd,3rd and swopping 4th's (if i remember correctly) for a move to get a 1st err Chris Brown

oh wait we did that already

Wolf said:
why? they have Bell,Anderson,Dayne and Cobb.

I can't imagine why Denver would give up a pick for him when they have some runners. I mean would Brown really be an upgrade that would take them over the top?

Mike Anderson is with Baltimore now. He was the Broncos leading rusher last season. Shanahan questions whether or not Tatum Bell can carry the load.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS said:
Mike Anderson is with Baltimore now. He was the Broncos leading rusher last season. Shanahan questions whether or not Tatum Bell can carry the load.

thanks, last report(must have been really old being I was looking up some kubiak stuff) had him listed..

thanks for the heads up on that

Eric Moulds didn't have us on his list of places he wanted to go but we were the most interested and the team with the most interested won. It doesn't matter what he wants it matters what the team wants.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=7&screen=news&news_id=51154

STAYING PUT: Chris Brown’s trade request last week apparently fell on deaf ears where the Titans are concerned.

“Chris is one of ours,” Reese said of the running back, who is in the final year of his contract. “I haven’t talked to anyone about trading him.”

Brown’s agents Ryan Morgan and Wynn Silberman had been trying to pry Brown free in a trade, rather than have him be part of Tennessee’s three-pronged attack with White and Travis Henry.

Wolf said:
well there is a chance of trading a 2nd,3rd and swopping 4th's (if i remember correctly) for a move to get a 1st err Chris Brown

oh wait we did that already
Hey while we are at it lets give our #1's and our #2's for the next two years for Pacman Jones.

I am so glad Casserly is gone.

gpshafer_1976 said:
Bingo.

This is the caliber of running back that you go after. Not Bennett.

With DD's situation, I say this is worth a shot.

Only thing is that we'll have to deal with the devil who wears a baby blue leisure suit. Uggh.......:spy:
another injury prone lol

I do not care for him personally due to being injury prone and possibly paying for potential. I think we are fine with our RB, not great, just fine.

fan no matter what said:
they were saying that chris brown from the titans is demanding a trade what are your guys thoughts on trying to get him?

:stirpot:

I think it would be like bringing on another DD. Someone who can't stay healthy in the NFL.

just figured i would bring it up i havnt seen those threads. i dont know how our running backs are going to fare this year. i have trust in kubiak i just get worried that dd is going to get hurt and we smith is not the answer in my opinion. then we are left with basically rookies to carry the load.

Yeah I wouldn't like that deal unless he only has one yr. left on his contract...anybody know what his contract looks like?? because if we could just get him for a yr. I'd say go for it...

I just read this morning that the Titans Head Coach has just named him as their starting running back.

Here is the detail
July 26, 2006, 17:05
Titans :: RB

HC Fisher Annoints RB C. Brown The Starter
Craig Tapper, TitansOnline.com - [Full Article]

Despite the agents for running back Chris Brown requesting a trade earlier this week, Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said Wednesday that doesn’t necessarily mean Brown wants out of Tennessee. In addition the head coach went on to say, “Chris has had a great off-season. He’s in probably the best shape since he’s been here. He’s our starting running back.”

Kaiser Toro said:
I do not care for him personally due to being injury prone and possibly paying for potential. I think we are fine with our RB, not great, just fine.

I agree with KT, why bring in another injury prone RB? Myself I am a bit nervous about our RB situation, with DD's knee and what's been said about Morency so far.

fan no matter what said:
are ther any other RB out there that we might be able to snag. i think the bennett thing is played out you guys heard about anyone else?

:crying:

Maybe we can lure Ron Dayne to come on over.:hides:

If we are going to get him... meaning IF we are going to get him.

Wait until after training camp, so that we have copies of their new playbooks for Volek and Young. Plus the debriefing on what is going on in their locker rooms and such.

EDIT:

Fisher believes that the trade request may stem from Brown switching agents and the coach is unwilling to pinpoint Brown as being the originator of the trade request.

“I’ll speak candidly on the topic,” Fisher said. “Chris changed agents and new agents came in and they had a sit-down meeting and they want to talk extension. Right now’s not necessarily the time to talk extension because we’re busy with other contracts. They took it upon themselves to demand a trade and went public with it, so to me, I’m going to throw this in the agents’ laps and not Chris’.”

- Coon's Nest

Back