Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-20-2006   #1
Superstar
Rookie

Talking eight more days!........

I hope this team does well under kubiak. I want them to prove to all "football analysists" they are wrong with their rankings. I will jump for joy when that happens.
Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #2
Texansfan36
Veteran

Don't worry, I predict by the end of this season we will all get to say "I told you so" to all those so called analysts(sp?)

Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #3
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Those that can, do.

Those that can't become analysts.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe we'll be satisfied with whatever the outcome. Most will accept a mediocre finish if we see improvements in all areas. I'd be very surprised if the outcome isn't a complete 180, but on the otherhand, I'm a realist and know that good things do sometimes take their time. Here's to the Texans and a great season of football!
Old 07-20-2006   #5
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Personally I cannot wait till TC begins. With the downfall of basketball, and my overall dislike for baseball, all I have had this summer was worthless worldcup soccer. Watched some Rugby and that dulls the pain, but it is now time for life to begin anew. I cant wait to see all of you guys at TC and feel the energy that the fans are going to bring to this season. We are hungry and like Asylum said even if our record is not the best, if we just play with everything we have then we will be excited about the future.
Old 07-20-2006   #6
Texansfan36
Veteran

Amen to that, I would be happy if we go 5-11, heck if we went 4-12 but showed some life on the field I would be happy, Either way I don't care as long as I have some Texans Football. Sorry for the stupid post, I'm starved of football and I can smell TC around the corner.

Go Texans!!!!
Old 07-20-2006   #7
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Oh ya! We have no where to go but up!
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-20-2006   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

7 days till TC. 6.5 till depth charts.
Old 07-20-2006   #9
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan36
Amen to that, I would be happy if we go 5-11, heck if we went 4-12 but showed some life on the field I would be happy, Either way I don't care as long as I have some Texans Football. Sorry for the stupid post, I'm starved of football and I can smell TC around the corner.

Go Texans!!!!

Preach on brother!!! I'm freakin' going crazy here without some football. This year I don't have to worry about missing any games either when we go hunting because we got a DVR. I am gonna record every game and watch them all year long. I just need to go buy a burner so I don't have to keep the memory full.
Old 07-20-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
7 days till TC. 6.5 till depth charts.
eve n.
1) The evening or day preceding a special day, such as a holiday.
2) The period immediately preceding a certain event: the eve of war.
3) Evening.

I have been hoping that the Texans were using definition 2 for eve, since training camp is several weeks long and not a single day as in definition 1. For instance, the last couple weeks of spring are the "eve of summer".

I know it's probably a false hope, but I can't stop myself from checking the depth chart page every day.
Old 07-20-2006   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

I'm pumped, but not quite sure what to tell work. Friday will be a bit nerve wracking, but Saturday, free and clear!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

What are the chances of getting to watch a training session? I'm coming over to TX for a couple of weeks from Denmark (I leave next tuesday) and it would be kinda cool to see em' "for real"

I'll be visiting friends in Austin and Corpus, but a stop in H-town might be validated
Old 07-20-2006   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI, today is the FIRST day of NFL training camps, albeit rookies only......The Eagles, and the Jets (changed from initial anouncement).
The wheels are finally beginning to turn again.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so geeked I may break out the face paint. Yes it could be construed as a career, marriage and friendship limiting move, but I am about to explode Scanners style with anticipation.
Old 07-20-2006   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I am so geeked I may break out the face paint. Yes it could be construed as a career, marriage and friendship limiting move, but I am about to explode Scanners style with anticipation.

I can recommend good face paint. Know any face painters? Mine got stolen.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

People always compliment mine when I go to games but I live in Austin.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #17
AJExplosion80
Rookie

Default We are close

Man I can't wait for TC. It is so close. I want to see Super Mario and are new players steup it up this year. It will help if Putzier can have a good year and actually gives us a weapon for David Carr instead of just throwing it deep and praying someone catches it. I at least hope we can finish in 3rd this year in the division and would be happy with 8-8 this year. Go Texans.
AJExplosion80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #18
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
Preach on brother!!! I'm freakin' going crazy here without some football. This year I don't have to worry about missing any games either when we go hunting because we got a DVR. I am gonna record every game and watch them all year long. I just need to go buy a burner so I don't have to keep the memory full.

Wooohooooo!!! NFL football in about a week

Man Cjeremy, that squirrel in your avatar is yoked! freakin hilarious pic!
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #19
Texansfan36
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
Amen to that, I've had DVR for about 3 months now, don't know what I would do without it.

Lets Go TEXANS!!!!!
Old 07-20-2006   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but the loss of the excitement of yet another DC thread on the MB is too terrible to contemplate. I don't know how I'll go on without them. I'm gonna miss them. I wonder how many more we can squeeze in befor TC starts ? Eight days ? Times a little tight.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read