Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Do you still like the Titans?
Yes, they are me 2nd favorite team 4 8.70%
No, I've grown completely apart from them 19 41.30%
No, I hate bud, therefore i hate the titans 17 36.96%
I like them, but don't really care if they win 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2006   #1
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are you still a fan of the Titans?

Just out of curiosity, how much do you old Oilers fans still like the Titans?
Old 07-19-2006   #2
bigtex77
Veteran

I'm not a Titans fan at all. I don't hate them like I hate the Cowboys, but I'm definitely not a fan.
Old 07-19-2006   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

No I'm not a fan of the team but I really liked McNair.

I really like Nashville as a city. I've always thought it was a great place and that hasn't changed. I'm much rather go there than Memphis.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
Just out of curiosity, how much do you old Oilers fans still like the Titans? Let's keep Bud out of the question and just focus on the team.
I'll admit I did watch them for a couple years after they left because I liked the players and coach they had picked up. I even rooted for them in the Bowl. With that being said, you just can't say leave Pud out of it when it was 100% his and only his dumbass that screwed everything up. I now have the Texans, which have an outstanding owner. I look at the titans as nothing else but a bump in the road now.
Old 07-19-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched them all the time when they were stocked with players drafted as Oilers. But over time, I lost interest in rooting for them and just see them as another NFL team now. (I did root for them to win that Superbowl...what a heartbreaker at the end!)

Add Bud, division rival, and a team-formerly-known-as-the-Oilers history to the mix, and they're high up on my list of teams to dislike with a passion.
Old 07-19-2006   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans are a division foe and so I want them to lose every single week they play in the NFL unless they are playing against a stronger division foe. Then of course I want them to pull the upset off.

To be perfectly honest I've never understood why so many Titans fans like to come here. Don't take that the wrong way or anything. You're welcome to come on in and hang around but as far as I am concerned I rarely if ever go to the boards of our division rivals. I don't see the point much.

Of course I quit watching NFL football entirely when the Oilers left. I'm not a Texans fan as much as I'm a Houston fan. Without a Houston team in the NFL I couldn't have cared less what they did.
Old 07-19-2006   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I stopped being an Oilers fan in the 1994 offseason. So I didn't cry when they left.
Old 07-19-2006   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think early on I tried to root for them but just lost interest after a season or two. As DB said, all the Oilers started to disappear and so did any connection I felt with the team. I did quit watching the NFL for a few years, of course some of that was in the military and didn't always get to watch games. But when we got the Texans I plugged back in with a passion, and now I watch almost any game that comes on when the Texans aren't playing.

And now they are a division foe, so you will not ever find me pulling for them.
Old 07-19-2006   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you still a fan of the Titans?
I never was a fan of the titans.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Yeah, that should be an option.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Yeah, that should be an option.
agreed
Old 07-19-2006   #12
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets just say one of my favorite memories of the Titans was when Ray Lewis stripped the ball out of Eddie George's hands and returned it for the game clinching touchdown in the playoffs.

Next one would be Al Del Greco's go ahead FG attempt getting blocked and then returned by Anthony Mitchell for a touchdown.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #13
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, how much do you old Oilers fans still like the Titans?
The thread is mainly for old Oilers fans
Old 07-19-2006   #14
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
WHAT!

I am disappointed in you. You have let me down.

What's not to love about a team that plays football with coonskin caps? Man, that is the coolest. Running around with that little fluffy tail bobbling about, two tone blue flames on the side, some fat white sneakers, WoOOoooo momma! That's a sight to see.

So come on bud-dy, what do you say? Give me six on that.

YeEAh. That's right... maybe after practice we can load up into my sister's pickup truck and head on down to Hewston. What'd you say? We knock over a few trash cans together or something... or find something to bring home. It will be just like old times.
Old 07-19-2006   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Never was a Titans fan. During their Super Bowl appearance I was for the Rams. Never have rooted for them and hope they lose every game, but I cannot wait to see VY play.
Old 07-19-2006   #16
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I was an old Oilers fan. Never was a Titans fan. I laughed when Baltimore knocked them out of the playoffs and I will laugh again when Steve McNair wins a ring with the Ravens.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The thread is mainly for old Oilers fans
Cowboys=Cowboys
Texans=Texans
Oilers does not equal Titans, however.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate the titans and hate bud adams. Sorry not going to root for a division rival, especially one owned by dud adams.
Old 07-20-2006   #19
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

I will never root for a divison rival, the texans are my only team.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #20
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hated Bud, but I loved the Oilers. I hate the Titans, but I hate Bud more today.
Chicagotexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read