Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-18-2006   #1
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP
Default Is there any possible way...

that we could be as bad or worse than last year? I just don't see how that could be possible.
Old 07-18-2006   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
that we could be as bad or worse than last year? I just don't see how that could be possible.
No, we'll beat the titans twice and there'll be another win in there somewhere
Old 07-18-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

No, there's no way. With everything we've done, coaching and player wise, there's no way we only win two games. Not even the media is saying we'll get 2 wins or less, so that's a good sign
Old 07-18-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said it before and I will say it again 2-14 feels like 0-16.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #5
texflex513
All Pro

Nowhere else to go but up. Our O and D should make a climb in rankings and that alone hopefully translates to more than 2 wins.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Stop. I'm getting sick to my stomach at the idea.
Old 07-18-2006   #7
NoBullTexan
Veteran

What a morbid thread. Just shows how bored we all are with this about to be over with off-season. Hallelujah!! 9 days till training camp and something positive to talk about. Like 8-8 OR BETTER!!!
Old 07-18-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Mathimatically it is possible
Old 07-18-2006   #9
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, but I don't see it happening. The only way it could happen is if the new coaching staff doesn't click with their new players. It's a transition year for you guys so something could go awry. I'm still thinking you guys will get 6 or so wins. (mainly because of our insanely hard schedules!)
Old 07-18-2006   #10
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default I only see one way...

I see one possible scenario for us getting worse...

McNair disolves the franchise in the next week, and Bud Adams moves the Titans back to Houston.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #11
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I think with the right combination of injuries it's possible, but still unlikely. The entire team looked like they gave up last year, I expect them to play much more inspired football under Kubiak and Co.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #12
Frills
Veteran

no way the Texans can but looking at Miami, the pieces are in place
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If our running game does not produce, as Kubiak needs it to, then we will see a lot more of David Carr on his back.

And quite frankly, with DD hurt and Morency reportedly having a sore foot, I am growing more ill day-by-day.

Supposedly, Kubiak or his particular style of offense can produce a RB out of thin air. I hope that's true.

"Get Tom Cruise to use his witchcraft and get us some more RBs!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 07-18-2006   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
If our running game does not produce, as Kubiak needs it to, then we will see a lot more of David Carr on his back.

And quite frankly, with DD hurt and Morency reportedly having a sore foot, I am growing more ill day-by-day.

Supposedly, Kubiak or his particular style of offense can produce a RB out of thin air. I hope that's true.

"Get Tom Cruise to use his witchcraft and get us some more RBs!!!!!!!!!!!"
I bet Lorenzo Highsmith and Mike Rozier are avalable.
Old 07-18-2006   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think there is anyway we are going to do that bad, we will at least 6 games, I have been predicting 7-9 this whole time. I would be estatic with that or anything better.
Old 07-18-2006   #16
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

With injuries in the NFL, anything is possible... if Carolina could go from 1-15 to a playoff team, then surely a team can remain 2-14 for two years in a row... not that I want us to.

I agree that with a suspect RB core, and one injury to David Carr, we have Sage Rosenfels captaining the ship on offense, with a beat up running game and a new offensive scheme. An injury to Carr in the first half could lead to an 0-6 start with our schedule. After that, anything is possible.

But I want to be the glass is half full guy and think there is little reason to believe that Carr would be injured given his ability to take a pounding. My bigger concern is the running game and the secondary. Earl, Buchanon, Faggins, and Brown need to step up and create some turnovers.

If we can protect Carr, then I think we have a great chance at winning the turnover plus/minus battle and that will lead to a solid 6 to 8 win season.
Old 07-18-2006   #17
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

How can things get any worst... If it does...only God can save the Texans from the boos.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anything is possible, my friend...we just have to measure probability in our own heads.

While I am optimistic that we will experience a much better season than last year, I'm still tempered by cold, hard reality.

The fact of the matter is that we have a new, first year head coach. We still have holes in our team, and many of the spots that are filled are untested. Our QB has yet to prove his worth after four seasons, which is directly related to having an o-line that actually protects him (we'll see).

Our defense was just as bad as the offense last year, so we've got a lot to prove on that side of the ball, too. Will our no. 1 pick make an impact in his first year? Can our d-line stop the run at all, much less penetrate a pocket and put pressure on a QB? What about our coverage, which made me want to scream in frustration last year?

There are many questions yet to be answered. While I certainly hope with all my being that we have a better season, the fact of the matter is that only time will tell. Anything is possible, though, just remember that.
Old 07-18-2006   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahhh yes, this is why sports is the best in reality programming.

Nobody knows. The experts don't know. Computer simulations don't know.

We get to find out.
Old 07-18-2006   #20
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't see how this team could sink that low. While I could see us with a five win season, anything below four would be extremely disappointing...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read