Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-18-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Terrell Owens: Poet Laureate

Those with delicate constitutions shouldn't read this because you will ralph.

I'm back and I'm better than ever
I'm back and I'm getting this cheddar
I'm back and this time I'm a cowboy
And I got em saying wow boy
I am back with a vengeance
I'm back on a mission
Got the recipe brah
So I'm back in the kitchen
Try to take me out the game
People saying I'm missing
Got the whole world's undivided attention
It's a brand new year
Got a brand new team
I'm a cowboy now
No more black and green
And To the hater who said I wouldn't get my money
I'm laughing in your face ha ha that's funny
When it comes to this game
I'm the best on the field
Some said I was gonna sign just a one year deal
But I got what I wanted up front $10 Mil
Change the rules of the game so now how you feel
See when I work my magic
When I catch that rock
I dominate like Shaq when he down on the block
And this'll probably be my best season by far
No more get my eagle on, meet me at the star

This is real. Seriously. You can download it from his website. Note, it will automatically start playing on your computer if you visit the site:

http://www.terrellowens.com/
Old 07-18-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Oh god.

I'm at a loss for words.
Old 07-18-2006   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

And the final sign of the Apocalypse has shown itself, get the bunkers ready.

I've never advocated book burning but I'll make an exception here.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #4
real

T.O is a freakin fool!!!! LMAO!!!
Old 07-18-2006   #5
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

yeah he cut this way back when he first signed with the Cowboys
Old 07-18-2006   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

It's the media's fault. Has nothing to do with the kind of person Owens is.

What an a__clown.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

But Huge, he is your a**_clown instead of mine (Eagles are my second favorite team). ENJOY!!!
Old 07-18-2006   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
But Huge, he is your a**_clown instead of mine (Eagles are my second favorite team). ENJOY!!!
I can still enjoy the success of the team while disregarding the contributions of individual players. I had years of training while Deion played for us.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Terrell Owens. Enough said.
Old 07-18-2006   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I can still enjoy the success of the team while disregarding the contributions of individual players. I had years of training while Deion played for us.

Here's a very little known fact to all but a few of his very closest friends.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 07-18-2006 at 01:01 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

TO is again essentially telling us that we are too stupid to see that he is the same selfish egomaniac: Dallas Morning Times:

TO follow up book........to explain his 1st book:

POSTED 7:50 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 8:02 a.m. EDT, July 19, 2006

"BEGINNING OF THE END" FOR T.O. IN BIG D?

The recent media blitz involving Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens is causing at least one league insider to predict that, based on some of T.O.'s comments, it is the "beginning of the end" of Owens' short-term tenure in Dallas.

In comments on Sirius NFL Radio on Tuesday, Owens discussed his role in the offense on his new team's offense. "I feel like when the ball needs to be in a playmaker's hands, I feel like Bill [Parcells] will make that call. I have all the confidence in the world that he'll use me to the best of my ability regardless of who is out there," Owens said. (Thanks to KFFL.com's "Hot Off The Wire" for the quote.)

Possible translation? "I will get the ball."

Possible deeper meaning? "If I don't get the ball, I will get into someone's ass."

Bottom line? "I still love me some me."

And that really is the message here. Owens finally has gotten a chance to indulge himself in the worst case of sports narcissism since Bobby Riggs, who was so desperate for attention that he allowed his 55-year-old ass to get kicked in a tennis match by a superior female athlete in her prime.

In this case, T.O. is allowing his 55-I.Q. brain to spew out stuff that could come back to haunt him before too long.

For now, he merely is happy to be basking in the spotlight, and he isn't regarding the short-term and long-term consequences of his actions. Within the last week, T.O. has said that he was misquoted in his own book, then had his publicist say he was misquoted when he said he was misquoted, and then he blamed the media for painting one of the the most selfish players in NFL history as, you know, selfish.

Also on Sirius NFL Radio, T.O. threw some blame at his former agent, David Joseph, for the contract that he signed with the Eagles, and T.O. said that he was proud of standing up for himself with Eagles management.

The guy hasn't changed, and in our view the worst thing that he could have done was release a book within a couple of weeks of the start of training camp. With all of the opportunities for Owens to publicly demonstrate how much he loves him some him, he's more likely to enter preseason practices with the mindset that it's okay for T.O. to go back to being the same T.O. that got his ass kicked out of Philly.

So the hint of contrition that Owens displayed upon signing with the Cowboys in March was, we believe, a ruse. The guy wanted to get paid, and he said what he had to say to get the $5 million signing bonus in his pocket.

And that's why we're more convinced than ever that there will be problems in training camp. Parcells will ride Owens like a fat kid on a Big Wheel, and Owens won't be able to take it. He might not say anything to the Tuna (or, as the case may be, throw a jersey at him), but our guess is that Owens eventually will run his mouth to the media, which only will make it worse.

Even if T.O. gets to the regular season without an eruption, his quote regarding his expected role in the offense is virtually a guarantee that, unless he gets 10 receptions a game, he won't be happy.

And when T.O. isn't happy, his primary objective is to make as many of the folks around him as possible not happy, either.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 07-19-2006 at 09:19 AM.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see AJ whip this guys ass!!
Old 07-19-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking Back Sunday
Thanks for the link but I don't think I will visit it ever. Just reading the poem makes me(like you say) wanna ralph. Makes me hate the Cowboys even more.

Go Texans

and

Go Eagles
why'd you change your name to that bad band?
Old 07-19-2006   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

I'd like to know if there's any truth to the rumor that he's got his own brand of popcorn that isn't out yet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read