Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-17-2006   #1
TexanFan4Life
Rookie

Default NFL Live Crew

Hope some of you saw the NFL Live show today. Golic and his former Cowboy counterpart (Darren Woodson) dissed the Texans yet again. They were rating all the new coaches prospects for the upcoming season and point blank said, "The Texans won't do anything. They don't have enough talent." Not being a pollyanna, I do think they are totally misinformed. Somebody ought to tell them what a great offseason we had. Besides, the boys on NFL Radio on Sirius say we had a great offseason and could be a big suprise. Also, Trent Dilfer was on Sirius and said he was talking with David Carr and said DC was so excited and thought they would be much improved and that Kubes was so much different a coach than he had ever had. I, myself am looking for a 5 to 9 win season. Less is pathetic, more is a dream come true. Is it time for training camp yet?
TexanFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #2
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Every year some show disses the Texans, and every year the Texans haven't proven them wrong. I'll wait and see how we perform before passing judgement on those comments.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #3
Byshop
Rookie

Much agreed...I'm so wanting to be excited watching this team transform into what it is, and yet not do like last year and start overhyping the Texans potential. Kubiak will need this year to build their confidence and try out his new team doing the things he wants to do. DC will be much improved for sure, as well as the defensive and offensive line play. Having a passcatching tightend for a change and a #2 receiver are all amazing. Just a little while longer till the pads go on....
Byshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #4
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Let the NFL analysts say what they will about the team. They can say we are going to do nothing and flounder just like years in the past. They can also say that we are going to win the Superbowl and go undefeated. In the end, it is the Texans job to create their own destiny. . . prove them wrong, prove them right...it's on the team.

So far, through four years of existence, all of the analysts who we have been screaming at for not giving us any respect, have been right on. . .maybe we aren't giving them their due respect :brickwall
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #5
TexanFan4Life
Rookie

My point is that it is more uninformed, lack of research, and total NFL lite information. They do it to all the teams. As an example, look how they hype the JAGS every year. Life Leftwich is the second coming of Bart Starr! Please!!! I am a realist just like all of you but hate the lack of research these NFL experts come up with. The only one I put any cred into is Pat Kirwan or Len Pasquarelli. Salsbury and those other goobers, primordial slime!
Old 07-18-2006   #6
AFD1717
Veteran

I hope every player in the league heard their "analysis".
Old 07-18-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

When has the media ever cut our team some slack? We're going to be the "expansion team" until we go out and make the playoffs. We're going to be way under the radar until then. Oh well, as long as all of us Texans fans know how good our team is. When they have to focus on 32 teams they forget about teams like us. There knowledge is no greater on our team than the average Texan fan. Us fans that are on here often know way more than they know about our team because we are focused on our team and they are focused on every single team and we get overshadowed. But if we want a reputation we're going to have to earn it.
Old 07-18-2006   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
But if we want a reputation we're going to have to earn it.
Agreed.

I just look at this kind of stuff and laugh, because it is very common for TV analysts to say one thing today and the opposite the next. I know they will be somewhat on the bandwagon by the end of the season, next year. I dont think you can deny that this team is actively "coming up" in the NFL. They will hate while they still can, because its probably funny to people who are not Texans fans (be it Colts fans or just people who think we suck). They will do this same thing to the team that is last place next year.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a tip--don't watch too much ESPN. The NFL Network doesn't have great programming yet, but their analysis isn't unbiased(not THAT biased anyway) and the stuff on FSN has better local stuff.

ESPN shouldn't be taken with a grain of salt, but with a salt mine.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #10
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Like TexanFan881 said, we have to earn it and this year we will.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #11
TexanFan4Life
Rookie

Oh, I forgot to mention this nugget in the NFL Live assessment. They said that being in the same division as the Colts and Jags, we just don't have the talent and can't compete. Sorry, but boy won't it be fun when they do start saying good things about us. God, is it kickoff yet? :brickwall
Old 07-18-2006   #12
Texansfan36
Veteran

Yea I can't wait to see the look on Golic and Salisbury's faces when we prove them wrong, Jeeez why can't the season start already.
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #13
NATHANHALE
Veteran

So, what's going to happen first-- wins or excuses? IMO, if we want wins, we better stop making excuses for losses. If players perform their best/well and we lose, that's one thing--performing poorly and losing is another. We need to replace the excuses with accountability if we ever expect to get respect around the league.
NATHANHALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #14
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

So what happens if they beat Philly the first game of the season? Is it a fluke or is it a team up and coming? I think that game could really set the tone for the season. Will they beat Indy in week 2? I'm not holding out THAT much hope but who knows.

Like most are saying, we want this team to have respect, it's their job to go out there and get respect. By the end of the season the jabbering heads will all be talking about how they just KNEW how good the Texans were going to be this year.

Whatever, I just want the season to start.
Old 07-18-2006   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATHANHALE
So, what's going to happen first-- wins or excuses? IMO, if we want wins, we better stop making excuses for losses. If players perform their best/well and we lose, that's one thing--performing poorly and losing is another. We need to replace the excuses with accountability if we ever expect to get respect around the league.
"I donít think this week is necessarily a must win, but I think it is a must play well." - Davie Carr

This type of mentality should never be tolerated again...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #16
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Schlereth, Eric Allen, Ron Jaworski, Merrill Hoge... all have educated and interesting perspectives on ESPN. Pretty much, the rest of the analysis is canned crap. Salisbury is a lame shock-jock. I don't understand why Mike Golic is there. Most of the guys just out of the NFL like Darren Woodsen are awful. I did really like Bryan Cox when he was there a couple years ago.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #17
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Mark Schlereth, Eric Allen, Ron Jaworski, Merrill Hoge... all have educated and interesting perspectives on ESPN. Pretty much, the rest of the analysis is canned crap. Salisbury is a lame shock-jock. I don't understand why Mike Golic is there. Most of the guys just out of the NFL like Darren Woodsen are awful. I did really like Bryan Cox when he was there a couple years ago.
I really listen up when these guys talk, I think those 2 are the best on the shows.
Merrill Hodge does a very good job, you may not agree with what he is talking about but he is telling the truth and I like the fact that he is not trying to tell you what you want to here.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #18
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
Every year some show disses the Texans, and every year the Texans haven't proven them wrong. I'll wait and see how we perform before passing judgement on those comments.
BlockHead83 is the most practical person on this board. Props.
Old 07-18-2006   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Agreed.
Old 07-18-2006   #20
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Quote:
Everyday some shows dissed a houston team

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read