Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-17-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anthony Weaver article

If you haven't heard him speak, you've missed out. He is a really good interview. Here is a random article I found.

Quote:
After four years in Baltimore, Weaver signed with Houston as a free agent during the offseason and is looking forward to giving fans in Houston a team to rally behind.

'I'm excited,' said Weaver, who starred at the University of Notre Dame before being drafted in 2002 by the Ravens. 'We're definitely a team in search of an identity.'

One player also trying to give Houston an identity is Mario Williams, a defensive end who was chosen by the Texans with the top pick in the 2006 NFL draft.

Weaver has been impressed with Williams thus far, calling him 'a special talent.'

Williams' presence -- and the No. 1 pick next to his name -- also means the Texans' defense will be scrutinized right from the start of training camp. The Texans allowed the most offensive yards per game of any AFC team.

'For us on defensive line, there's going to be a lot of pressure,' Weaver said. 'Nobody wants to be shown up out there.'

Weaver is also putting pressure on himself to maintain the level of play he has displayed individually in his first four NFL seasons.

In those four years in Baltimore, Weaver registered 136 tackles and 14.5 sacks and also forced five fumbles.

'I just want to continue to get better as a player,' said Weaver, who left Notre Dame with 160 career tackles, including 42 stops behind the line of scrimmage. 'I want to stop the run and rush the passer. I'm not flashy, but I'm consistent in what I do.'
Old 07-17-2006   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Stan, clear you PM's out. Your max'd out, and I can't send anything to ya.
Old 07-17-2006   #3
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not flashy, but I'm consistent in what I do.'
That is nice, sounds like a guy you never have to worry about.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #4
wrestler4life
Veteran

I keep thinking what a bunch of quality guys we are putting on this team, both in attitude and ability.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read