Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-15-2006   #1
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default why do people dislike Tom Brady so much?

Reading some of the posts here and on other message boards there seems to be a distinct lack of love for Mr Brady. Why is that?

I mean he's not like that smug Panning geezer and he seems to keep himself to himself.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

tom is a girly man.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #3
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator
tom is a girly man.
what makes him a "girly man"?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

not sure, I am not a big Pats fan and I am not a Raider fan, but I guess what turns me off (and not Brady's fault) is that playoff game where the "tuck rule" came into effect.. I still say that was a fumble because he wasn't throwing...... Maybe that is why I don't like the pats..not sure
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Personally, I don't hate the man...... & prior to this year, he really hasn't shown to be much of a QB........ just damn lucky...... nothing wrong with that, but that is why I wouldn't give him much respect, as a quarterback.

but I hate the Patriots much more than I hate Tom Brady(like I said, I really don't have any feelings for him one way or the other), but I remember that first SuperBowl Run, I bet against the Pats on every single game. I thought Manning, or the Steelers were going to win it all that year.

I kept saying, "Ah.... but they haven't played anyone yet..... wait till they have to play the Steel Curtain..." and they did, and beat them...... then I said, "Ah........... but that was a fluke, wait till they go toe-to-toe with the Colts"........... and they did, and they beat them to..... or they played the Colts first, then the Steelers, I don't remember, but it's not important.

I honestly didn't think that team was anygood, and when they dropped Bledsoe, I thought it was a mistake, "one year...... the kid plays well for one year, and they ditch a ProBowler"....

Little did I know.

Then my brother-in-law got on the Patriot Bandwagon, and it's just gone down hill from there.

After his performance last year, I find it hard not to mention him, when we are talking about the best QBs in the league....... I still don't think he is the best, but definitely one of the best.......
Old 07-15-2006   #6
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

He was a nobody coming out of the draft. He was the quarterback of a dynasty plus hes a pretty boy dating an actress.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #7
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Ya i Hate Tom Brady, because he is a pretty boy, and i saw that raiders game....THAT WAS A FUMBLE. :brickwall
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I never had a problem with him until this...

On Thursday, a Cadillac official confirmed that the car had been delivered to a dealership in Massachusetts and that the reason for the delay was a combination of car scarcity and Brady changing his mind about the model he wanted.

Brady, who as Super Bowl MVP in 2002 received his Cadillac Escalade within weeks of leading the Patriots to victory over the St. Louis Rams, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Tuesday that he was upset that he had not yet received his order for this year's car.

"I'm not driving [the] car, that's for sure," Brady said. "It's the damndest thing I ever heard. It's ridiculous."

At a news conference in Houston the day after the Super Bowl, Brady signed an oversized order form for his new car: a Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum with 20-inch rims. But the car, which has a retail value of $69,900, wasn't in production yet, so Cadillac officials said they informed Brady's agent, Steve Dubin, that the car would take longer to roll out.

However, in late April, Dubin called a GM executive and requested the order be changed to an XLR Roadster, according to Cadillac spokesman Jeff Kuhlman.

"We only made about 5,000 of those cars and all of them were sold already," Kuhlman said. "So to come through on our promise, we put another one in production for Tom."

Kuhlman said that given Brady's change of heart, the car, which has a retail value of $76,200, arrived at the dealer this week in fairly rapid fashion.

"We're disappointed Tom is upset," Kuhlman said. "Until now, we've had a good relationship with him and we hope he's happy with his car."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1833050
Old 07-15-2006   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143147 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Clean cut, pretty boy, proven winner, comparisions to Montana. Seems a little to clean. Must have "junk in his trunk" or some skeletons in his closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #10
srstex
Veteran

Default Personality

Winning is everything, BUT, Tom is so team, he has no personality that shines through. He does what he is told. And if you look at his front line no-one even gets close to him more than 6 times a game, so he is very comfortable.
As to the "Love Ya Blue" statement about no-one knowing any of the Pats prior to the SB, it was Bledsoe to Ben Coats, Parcells was the manger Terry Glen at receiver, but heck that's only three.
Old 07-15-2006   #11
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Personally I like him but I think that has alot to do with me liking him ever since their first superbowl run. I think alot of people share thunderkyss's opinion that much of his success comes from his "luck". The guy isn't terribly athletic, doesn't have an arm that wowed scouts coming out of college, and didn't even have an impressive college resume. I just don't think 3 rings come from luck, the guy simply has 'it', IMO. He makes the right plays at the right time, it's not anything you can measure, but it's also more important than anything you can measure. To be honest, he didn't have a fantastic ensemble playing with him on offense during any of their superbowl wins. They were just very well coached, and they had a knack for making the right plays when they needed them the most.

He's the best quarterback in the league right now, IMO, from the standpoint of who's going to win you a championship.

Also, obviously alot of people envy others who find great success and want to see them fail. I'm a little guilty of that myself with Peyton Manning. It doesn't help that he's in our division, but the guy is so damn good that I root for the opposing team to beat him almost just to assure myself that it can be done...
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #12
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

My dislike comes from too much hype from too much success too soon.

Just like I grew tired of Kurt Warner's story. Just like I'm growing tired of Ben Roethlisberger's story.

It's nothing personal against the individuals. I'm just sick of the praise that's being heaped on guys that I don't feel deserve it (IMO).
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

because He's A Winner
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't dislike Tom Brady.

Quite the opposite.

He's an outstanding QB and he contributed greatly to each and every one of those rings.

Our QB could learn a little about pocket footwork from him.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I don't dislike Tom Brady.

Quite the opposite.

He's an outstanding QB and he contributed greatly to each and every one of those rings.

Our QB could learn a little about pocket footwork from him.
True, but I don't like how overrated he is. There seems to be no credit given to his pretty good WR corp(which at times was called weak) or his coaches. That, and jealousy of a pretty boy QB that CAN play as compared to our Californian dreamer.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #16
jmerog
Veteran

To begrudge the honestly achieved success of another is a childish, loser mentality and real winners don't think that way. I'm not a brady jock sniffer or anything but he won 3 rings. He isnt spectacular but he got the job done and he doesn't act like a jackass in public. I'm not a fan of his just because he isn't exciting to watch and i just dont care about NE but to hate or begrude success is for losers. We should take what we can from it and try to be better. If you are tired of the hype then you are tired of the media who spreads it- not the subject of the hype. he has done nothing to draw ire. As far as 'the call'- he didn't make it. what would you have done differently in his situation?
Old 07-15-2006   #17
samomin
Veteran

His poise in the pocket. He is a cool guy there. I am sometimes surprised when i see him show emotion after a touchdown. You think he has won a lot of games and thrown a lot of touchdowns, but he celebrates like its his first one.
Old 07-15-2006   #18
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian
Reading some of the posts here and on other message boards there seems to be a distinct lack of love for Mr Brady. Why is that?

I mean he's not like that smug Panning geezer and he seems to keep himself to himself.
he's my favorite QB, i'd take brady over manning any day
Old 07-15-2006   #19
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
True, but I don't like how overrated he is. There seems to be no credit given to his pretty good WR corp(which at times was called weak) or his coaches. That, and jealousy of a pretty boy QB that CAN play as compared to our Californian dreamer.
what WR??????? i admit they were ok, but no way near as good as the WR corps that manning or palmer has....imagine what tom's numbers would be if he had their recievers
Old 07-15-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz
what WR??????? i admit they were ok, but no way near as good as the WR corps that manning or palmer has....imagine what tom's numbers would be if he had their recievers
David Givens, Superbowl 39 MVP Deion Branch, and Troy Brown. Seems pretty good to me.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read