Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-13-2006   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Cut

I've heard that tomorrow a player and his bloated contract will be cut from the Texans roster. However, I was asked to withhold the name. Just wanted to give everybody a heads up and give us something to speculate about.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #2
real

wow...I bet its an o-lineman...
Old 07-13-2006   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say Todd Wade

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #4
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it will be on the offensive side of the ball.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Seeing where we are now, who would you cut?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #6
real

Todd Wade...
Old 07-13-2006   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Wade is obvious selection. I could see Payne gone too since we have Weaver and Smith to start.
Old 07-13-2006   #8
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

A lineman is on his way out, also there are a couple of guys that are on the bubble. OSO stick to your principles though.
Old 07-13-2006   #9
humbleone
Veteran

I agree that OSO is probably talking about Wade but also think that Bruener could be an "on the bubble" guy.

Nothing against him really, more of a numbers deal than anything else...he is winding his career down, we are now TE heavy for a change apparently, being a dual threat is not his stength and he is one of the few guys that we would save big cap money on (approx. $1M) with a move.

And, although the odds are against it IMO, there is some chance that TJ might be "on the bubble" also, not for cap reasons but to continue to demonstrate that draft position and contract issues do not trump performance (or lack thereof) with the new regime. I hope he gets the message and has a good-great camp so that this is no longer a possibility.

GO TEXANS!!!
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #10
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

P-Burnt
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #11
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

The "bloated contract" part of the statement gives it away... it has to be Carr...

But maybe Baire, Wade, Payne or Greenwood. My money is on Wade.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
P-Burnt
Buchanon is playing for just $800k--that hardly qualifies as a bloated contract.

Bruener isn't it IMO as his contract is not bloated either ($1 mil cap hit) and he is not just a blocking TE but one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL.
Old 07-13-2006   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Weigart, Wong, Wade, Salaam, Pane, Laverne, Luchey(Yes I'm looking at the roster),Breuner, Cowart, Greenwood, Hape, Kalu....I think we will have a better idea of how this regime thinks AFTER some cuts are made. We simply don't know where they think we're deep and and/or who may be better off somewhere else... I forgot McKinney and probably several others...we also don't now, with any certainty, who performed better than whom in the coaches eyes. It has certainly seemed that this regime has found 4talent where we thought we had none(OL, QB, DB). I am very interested in who this player will be.
Old 07-13-2006   #14
done88
Veteran

Default Wong

Wong will be cut. If he is finally goiong to come of the injured list they can clear his contract.
Old 07-13-2006   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
The "bloated contract" part of the statement gives it away... it has to be Carr...

Your killing me.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #16
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by done88
Wong will be cut. If he is finally goiong to come of the injured list they can clear his contract.
Did you know Wong is married to AC Slater's sister? (im not joking BTW)
Old 07-13-2006   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
I forgot McKinney and probably several others...
This staff just signed McKinney to a 4 year extension--doubt he is on the block.
Old 07-13-2006   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
who the hell is that?
Old 07-13-2006   #19
done88
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
yes I did and I've seen AC at the YMCA working out while he was in town to visit Wong and his sister. Nice guy but little cocky.
Old 07-13-2006   #20
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

my guesses are: Todd Wade, Seth Payne & Morlon Greenwood.

I think there may be more released in the next few weeks too...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read