Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-12-2006   #1
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP
Default like the cowboys?

does everyone hate the cowboys? im a texans fan but i root for the cowboys (except when they play the texans)and i think they are going to have a great year.do yall have other teams that yall root for besides the texans?
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #2
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe
does everyone hate the cowboys? im a texans fan but i root for the cowboys (except when they play the texans)and i think they are going to have a great year.do yall have other teams that yall root for besides the texans?
You'll probably be moved to another thread but, Yes. . .Cowboys family here aswell.
Old 07-12-2006   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

The only other team I hate worse than Dallas is Tentopee.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #4
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35666 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Same here... I root for the Cowboys when they don't play Houston of course...

I loved it when the Oilers almost made it to the Super Bowl the year the Cowboys went. I remember we were expecting a Texan Bowl..

Had a question.. What happened to Quincy Carter? I thought he did good for the Cowboys. Did they trade him?
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I was a Cowboy fan growing up in El Paso and still am, except when they play the Texans.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #6
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

didnt thay release quincy carter? the cowboys are going to be great this year, the texans are going to need to bring their A-game when thay play. hopefully we can get lots of preasure on bledsoe so owens and glenn wont kill us.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo
Same here... I root for the Cowboys when they don't play Houston of course...

I loved it when the Oilers almost made it to the Super Bowl the year the Cowboys went. I remember we were expecting a Texan Bowl..

Had a question.. What happened to Quincy Carter? I thought he did good for the Cowboys. Did they trade him?
kept failing drug tests.......... Bill had him moved to the Jets, he still failed a drug test there, and I think he's back in reHab......

I like the Cowboys, I root for them to win when they aren't playing the Texans....... I'm hoping to see a TexasBowl in my lifetime.

I also root for the Saints....... been doing so, since RickyWilliams came out. But now he's gone, and all the guys I liked are gone as well. MarkFields, KyleTurley, JoeJohnson, Darren Howard, and Aaron Brooks....... the only guy on the team that I still like, is Joe Horn...... I doubt I'll watch them this coming year.
Old 07-12-2006   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

NO, I do not like the cowboys, they are not America's team either, those days are long gone. But I have lots of in-laws that are fans, so I have some tolerance, but their from Dallas so I can understand rooting for the home team. I lived in Dallas for a few years, lots of OK cowboys fans in Dallas, it is the cowboy fans elsewhere that tend to annoy.

I don't ever find myself rooting for them....actually it is a great day when they lose. Everyone at work loves them so its an equalizer.

I would like see an All Texan Superbowl......but I don't want the cowpies to make it to another......maybe the Saints will get good and then move to San Antonio. :bananasplit:
Old 07-12-2006   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Long ago I was a Cowboys fan. Back in the days of Tom Landry, Roger Staubach and Walt Garrison. But when Jerry Jones took over and they all became coke addicts, I lost respect for the Cowboys.

Lately, however, I have soften up on the Cowboys. They aint so bad.
Their fans are $&^*@s, but the team is cool.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #10
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Quote:
Don't like:

-the slogan "America's team".... just so obnoxious

-don't like the changes Jerry Jones has made

LOVED Parcells going to coach there in Dallas just to clean the place up.. but then the "T.O. thing" stunk and (to me) is a big regression of any positives I could live with having two teams in the state.
Old 07-12-2006   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I can't stand the cowboys and their stupid blue star.
Old 07-12-2006   #12
real

My love affair with the boys started when I was younger...I like the cowboys, but the Texans are who I have allegiance to...
Old 07-12-2006   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have a very strong dislike for the Cowboys. I have disliked them since the 70's.

I like the Eagles (lived for a couple of years near Philly) and have a soft-spot for the Cardinals (lived for a couple of years in Phoenix just as the team moved there.) I also like the Chargers (we lived for a couple of years near SD). I'll develop likes and dislikes for teams during the season depending on my rooting for certain players or situations.

My wife doesn't dislike the Cowboys and likes Parcells, so she will root for them. She likes the Titans, Eagles, Broncos and sometimes, the Panthers.

But the Texans are always numero uno. Always.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #14
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I will keep my "Colorful Metaphors" that I used to use to describe the "Girls" to myself. Let's just say that they and the "Tacks" are on the same level.
Old 07-12-2006   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the Cowpies at one time , But once Jerrah bought the team and turned it into an assylum , that changed .... I dislike Jerrah almost as much as Bud .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
My love affair with the boys started when I was younger...
Old 07-12-2006   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Longtime Cowboys fan.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #18
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Longtime Cowboys fan.
We won't hold that against ya, WWJD.
Old 07-12-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

I always love to root for the Cowboys....TO LOSE!!!

Being a Cowboys hata' is a genetic thing in my family, passed down from generation to generation. My 4 year doesn't like them, either.

We live in Houston, not Dallas. I might as well root for any other team in the NFL if I can pick a team that is not the hometeam. (and no, just being from Texas doesn't cut the mustard to me.)
Old 07-12-2006   #20
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I hate the Cowboys. I don't like any of the Dallas teams, plus I grew up a 49ers fan in the late 80s thru the late 90s so the Cowboys were my nemesis back then too.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read