Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-12-2006   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ea Ncaa 2007

Saw the commercial for the game. Reggie Bush was in it and the footage from the game was of him in college. I've never played any of the NCAA games, but I do get Madden every year. Correct me if I'm wrong but Bush should not be in the game since he's pro? Are they releasing the game with last years roster?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #2
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
Saw the commercial for the game. Reggie Bush was in it and the footage from the game was of him in college. I've never played any of the NCAA games, but I do get Madden every year. Correct me if I'm wrong but Bush should not be in the game since he's pro? Are they releasing the game with last years roster?
I don't think so...But they have put nfl rookies on the cover before...i.e. Joey Harrington...I believe he was on the cover the year after he was drafted...
Old 07-12-2006   #3
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
I don't think so...But they have put nfl rookies on the cover before...i.e. Joey Harrington...I believe he was on the cover the year after he was drafted...
*begins to cry*

Reggie Bush is not in 2007, the commercial was about him apologizing to everyone he destroyed in college. EA tries to market the games on players that already left college. Last year I guess they couldn't get that done so they put Desmond Howard on the cover (MICHIGAN REPRESENT WHAT ! )

But Reggie isn't he the game, NO ONE is techically in the game. No one has names in NCAA.
Old 07-12-2006   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
*begins to cry*

Reggie Bush is not in 2007, the commercial was about him apologizing to everyone he destroyed in college. EA tries to market the games on players that already left college. Last year I guess they couldn't get that done so they put Desmond Howard on the cover (MICHIGAN REPRESENT WHAT ! )

But Reggie isn't he the game, NO ONE is techically in the game. No one has names in NCAA.
You can't market something using a college athlete. They can't use people who are still in college, it's against NCAA rules.

If you go back and look, every cover of NCAA football is a player from the previous year.

You should buy this version of NCAA, it's going to be amazing. I like Madden better too, but it's still fun to play NCAA (and it will hold you over until Madden comes out a month later)

By the way, my xbox username is Jango 00
Old 07-12-2006   #5
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
You can't market something using a college athlete. They can't use people who are still in college, it's against NCAA rules.

If you go back and look, every cover of NCAA football is a player from the previous year.

You should buy this version of NCAA, it's going to be amazing. I like Madden better too, but it's still fun to play NCAA (and it will hold you over until Madden comes out a month later)

By the way, my xbox username is Jango 00
No, I hate NCAA, the playbooks are horrible and the passing game is weak.
Old 07-12-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I buy Madden every year, but I've also been buying NCAA for the past few years, too.

NCAA is a different beast, both in gameplay and atmosphere. EA does a great job of capturing the magic of the college crowd, from the fight songs and mascots, to the feel of the fans in the stands. The gameplay is cool, because you get little more latitude with running college-type offenses, and in many cases, you are taking advantage of mismatches that you'd never see in the NFL. I hope that EA also keeps the influence that hometown crowds have on opposing teams, because if the home team is doing great, the crowd can get so rowdy that it rattles the opposing team's players. It's a great game, and I have no doubt that it'll be a good one this year, too.
Old 07-12-2006   #7
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I buy Madden every year, but I've also been buying NCAA for the past few years, too.

NCAA is a different beast, both in gameplay and atmosphere. EA does a great job of capturing the magic of the college crowd, from the fight songs and mascots, to the feel of the fans in the stands. The gameplay is cool, because you get little more latitude with running college-type offenses, and in many cases, you are taking advantage of mismatches that you'd never see in the NFL. I hope that EA also keeps the influence that hometown crowds have on opposing teams, because if the home team is doing great, the crowd can get so rowdy that it rattles the opposing team's players. It's a great game, and I have no doubt that it'll be a good one this year, too.
I agree with you...I like Madden slightly more, just because of the type of person I am...I like to strategize....But NCAA is totally different...On NCAA you can really tell the difference in speed, and agility in the players...And the game play is easier...There is strategy involved in NCAA also, but its just totally different from Madden...And to me that is the biggest draw...I think EA does a good job in capturing what its actually like as if you were there in real life....Like on Madden you can pretty much pinpoint your throws whereas on NCAA you can't put it exactly where you want it...On Madden The running game is realistic to the NFL...No dancing...Find your hole, hit it....On NCAA the defenders are less disciplined and you can juke in the backfield and different things....I just like how you can actually feel the difference between the two....
Sponsored links
Old 07-12-2006   #8
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
I agree with you...I like Madden slightly more, just because of the type of person I am...I like to strategize....But NCAA is totally different...On NCAA you can really tell the difference in speed, and agility in the players...And the game play is easier...There is strategy involved in NCAA also, but its just totally different from Madden...And to me that is the biggest draw...I think EA does a good job in capturing what its actually like as if you were there in real life....Like on Madden you can pretty much pinpoint your throws whereas on NCAA you can't put it exactly where you want it...On Madden The running game is realistic to the NFL...No dancing...Find your hole, hit it....On NCAA the defenders are less disciplined and you can juke in the backfield and different things....I just like how you can actually feel the difference between the two....
NCAA is easier, but i think they made it realistic in the way that it's a lot better to be good at NCAA than Madden. It's easy to pass in NCAA and i think that rings true in real life.

Madden is overall better, but it's fun to play NCAA.
Old 07-12-2006   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel

I haven't bought NCAA since the 2004 edition, although I never bought Madden 06 either. Madden is definitely the better overall game, although I do like the aspects of having to recruit a new team every year and basically starting from scratch every 4 years. Uploading draft classes to Madden is usually fun too to carry on the careers of your players, plus in past versions of Madden they had many badly unbalanced players in the draft classes they made up (i.e. a player with 90+ speed but only 40 agility and acceleration) that usually doesn't happen with classes uploaded from NCAA, plus if you get the inkling to create any rookies you can do it on NCAA and have them come up thru the drat rather than creating them on Madden and having them skip the draft. I haven't decided if I'll buy either 07 version, I was debating on waiting for the PS3 to come out before buying any more games and I usually have plenty of buddies that buy the game so I can play it with them and avoid paying $60, but I'll probably end up buying Madden after the regular season starts.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006   #10
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of Madden.........

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...reenindex.html

I can't wait!!!
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006   #11
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

For NCAA football can you upload your guy from Race for the heisman to madden this year?
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #12
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
For NCAA football can you upload your guy from Race for the heisman to madden this year?
I'm not sure but I will be online playing it on Wednesday! I played the demo. It came on XBL Marketplace the same day Frogger did. It is very smooth. Looks like Madden on the 360 plus the pass coverage was very tight.
Old 07-15-2006   #13
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

http://eacustomcovers.com i thought this was pretty neat and i would share this with everyone, its a site where you can get custom covers for NCAA football, Madden and NFL head coach.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #14
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

You can upload your NCAA 07 data to your Madden 07. I love Madden, but NCAA is a bit of a joke to me. It is fun to play, but when you can play for an hour and start putting up 400 yd passing games with terrible QBs it is just to easy, and this can be done on the hardest difficulty.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read