Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-11-2006   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How would everyone feel if...........

Mario comes strong out of the gate and performs a "LT to Joe Theisman" on an unsuspecting QB? I don't wish any QB's career to end due to injury, but this dude is a freak of nature and I was thinking this might happen. But then again I've had a few drinky drinks this evening.......................
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

hah.. drinky drinks. It would definatly be fun if Mario took the league by storm and made us look good. Id settle for him being Julius Peppers 2.0 though
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #3
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Mario will have between 7 and 14 sacks, and terrorize all the AFC south QBS except ours, of course. How about that?
Old 07-11-2006   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I wont feel sorry for the QBs, their the ones who should be wishing he wasnt so fast and strong . . .
Old 07-12-2006   #5
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Taking a play off

Is is "taking a play off" for a DE to not show much when getting triple teamed, then on the next play, the o-line thinking he is all hype goes 1 on 1 with him and has to call for the stretcher for their QB?
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #6
TexansMVP
Probowler

This is the risk you take when you are professional athlete in the NFL. I'm sure none of the other DE in the NFL felt bad after they sacked Carr during the past for years. Hopefully we can return the favor this year w/
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #7
eltoro
Rookie

Some of these comments sadden me as a Texan/football fan. I just hope most of you sounding off are fifteen year old kids.

It is one thing to cheer for one of our players to step up and have a strong year. It is an entirely different matter when you begin rooting for injuries to opposing players - you sound like Jag fans...
eltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-12-2006   #8
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro
Some of these comments sadden me as a Texan/football fan. I just hope most of you sounding off are fifteen year old kids.

It is one thing to cheer for one of our players to step up and have a strong year. It is an entirely different matter when you begin rooting for injuries to opposing players - you sound like Jag fans...
Old 07-12-2006   #9
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
Mario comes strong out of the gate and performs a "LT to Joe Theisman" on an unsuspecting QB? I don't wish any QB's career to end due to injury, but this dude is a freak of nature and I was thinking this might happen. But then again I've had a few drinky drinks this evening.......................
If he is going to hurt anyone please tell him to make it Manning
Old 07-12-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Technically, I don't want to see anyone injured, but I'd like to see him (and several others) put a whole lot of hurt on opposing QBs of every team we face. The previous poster was right that other teams have never felt sorry for David Carr and I think it's way past time for some serious payback.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #11
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBullTexan
Mario will have between 7 and 14 sacks, and terrorize all the AFC south QBS except ours, of course. How about that?
That is a huge difference!!! Why not just say he'll have between 0-20 J/K I can see him getting between 9-12 sacks. That would be awsome.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000
That is a huge difference!!! Why not just say he'll have between 0-20 J/K I can see him getting between 9-12 sacks. That would be awsome.
I feel very confident that he will certainly get somewhere between 0 and 20, BUT I'D SURE LOVE TO BE WRONG, LOL.

Old 07-12-2006   #13
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Like El-T - I dont agree with wishing injury on another player. I personally hope it doesnt happen, but it is a contact sport so it does on occasion.

I do however hope that Mario has a "Super" kind of season and makes any other QB's we play feel like they switched places with Carr from his first year for a game. Would be nice to see Manning/Lefty/Young etc etc.. anyone else's QB running for their lives for a change of pace. I dont mind at all for that stuff and hope that Mario and D-Wreck make some major havok in the backfield this year!

Last edited by U4ikrob; 07-12-2006 at 09:08 AM.
U4ikrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by U4ikrob
Like El-T - I dont agree with wishing injury on another player. I personally hope it doesnt happen, but it is a contact sport so it does on occasion.

I do however hope that Mario has a "Super" kind of season and makes any other QB's we play feel like they switched places with Carr from his first year for a game. Would be nice to see Manning/Lefty/Young etc etc.. anyone else's QB running for their lives for a change of pace. I dont mind at all for that stuff and hope that Mario and D-Wreck make some major havok in the backfield this year!

Dude I thought you were quoting me and was like "Hey I haven't even posted yet" .

Anyways if Williams does that I blame ESPN and every other sports writer that said Mario was a bad pick. If they would've kept their trap shut, Mario would not feel like he has something to prove and then he wouldn't have gone all out and "take plays off" like they said he does.

I don't want anyone to have a career ending injury but I want them to be a little dizzy.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Talking Good times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I don't want anyone to have a career ending injury but I want them to be a little dizzy.
Yep, I'd like to see Manning get up and stumble over to the Defensive huddle.

Old 07-12-2006   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Manning to experience the taste of grass, not end his career...
Old 07-12-2006   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want Mario Williams to injure a QB. If Mario Williams sacks Peyton Manning and breaks his ankle or sidelines him for the rest of the season, even if he is torching us, I would be upset. I'm not rooting for any player to get hurt, even the most annoying ones (Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens). I would hope other Texans fans wouldn't root for injuries either. I'm rooting for Mario to get tons of sacks and make QB's eat dirt (grass..whatever), but not to hurt them.

Last edited by TexanSam; 07-12-2006 at 07:29 PM.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #18
wrestler4life
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I don't want Mario Williams to injure a QB. If Mario Williams sacks Peyton Manning and breaks his ankle or sidelines him for the rest of the season, even if he is torching us, I would be upset. I'm not rooting for any player to get hurt, even the most annoying ones (Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens). I would hope other Texans fans wouldn't root injuries either. I'm rooting for Mario to get tons of sacks and make QB's eat dirt (grass..whatever), but not to hurt them.
I agree. I would like them to take a little while to get up though!
Old 07-13-2006   #19
KING_HOUSTON
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I don't want Mario Williams to injure a QB. If Mario Williams sacks Peyton Manning and breaks his ankle or sidelines him for the rest of the season, even if he is torching us, I would be upset. I'm not rooting for any player to get hurt, even the most annoying ones (Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens). I would hope other Texans fans wouldn't root for injuries either. I'm rooting for Mario to get tons of sacks and make QB's eat dirt (grass..whatever), but not to hurt them.
Thats whats wrong with some "Texan FAns", You would be mad if Peyton got hurt??? what kind of stuff is that?? If you like the damn guy so much move to Indy!! Around these parts if Super MArio lays someone out, Ill defitnily be cheering!! If he hurts em , even better!!!!
Old 07-13-2006   #20
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING_HOUSTON
Thats whats wrong with some "Texan FAns", You would be mad if Peyton got hurt??? what kind of stuff is that?? If you like the damn guy so much move to Indy!! Around these parts if Super MArio lays someone out, Ill defitnily be cheering!! If he hurts em , even better!!!!
The point is that since you probably don't want Dwight Freeney to lay out Carr and have his leg broken, you shouldn't wish it on anyone elses QB. But I think we are all wanting to lay out all the QB's that we face.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read