Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-11-2006   #1
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP
Default our starting linebackers

greenwood-ryans-orr

what do yall think about this.lets talk some more about who we think is going to start.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #2
carter08
truth.

Rep Power: 70 carter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to carter08

i'm hearing that DeMeco won't start
carter08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #3
NoBullTexan
Veteran

I would very surprised, and angry, if DeMeco doesn't start at either WLB, or MLB, right away. We still have one or two LBs to go before we can say we are on par with our AFC south brethren.
Old 07-11-2006   #4
johndoe
Veteran

hes more of an outside backer. it will probably be rainer at mike.im hoping ryans will start in the middle because if he plays sam it will bench the texans single season sack-leader
Old 07-11-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

id like to see..

Ryans - Polk - Orr

or

Orr - Polk - Anderson

but we will see what happens. I personally dont see Greenwood as a sure-fire starter...not by any stretch.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #6
johndoe
Veteran

hes best fitted on the weakside but greenwood is a lock. i think with
greenwood-ryans-orr we have a good group to play behind '
Old 07-11-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is Greenwood a lock? Ive seen nothing impressive from him.
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2006   #8
johndoe
Veteran

greenwood consistently had over takles when he played with miami.i like polk but id rather see ryans in the middle even though hes kinda small for mike backer right now
Old 07-11-2006   #9
johndoe
Veteran

my bad i meant 100 tackles and he has more experiance than the others
Old 07-11-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

His tackles really dont mean anything. He makes no big plays.. his tackles are RARELY for a loss. A linebacker that makes 100 tackles 5 yards outside the line of scrimmage is not helping very much.

Greenwood has fine athletic ability..but apparently poor instincts, or something. He may end up as a starter but I wouldnt put my money on it.
Old 07-11-2006   #11
johndoe
Veteran

true. but i still think hes better than the others we have
Old 07-11-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

more experienced... and "safer".. but I like the potential of Polk, Anderson, and Orr. Ill take "potentially good" over "definatly average" any day.
Old 07-11-2006   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 270038 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe
hes best fitted on the weakside but greenwood is a lock. i think with
greenwood-ryans-orr we have a good group to play behind '
Greenwood may or may not be a lock, but as Lucky pointed out elsewhere, while Morlon had most recently started at WLB before coming to the Texans, his 1st 3.5 seasons in Miami were at SLB. I frankly can't say I watched him much there and see him more on the weakside, but those were some pretty good D's with him on the strong side. JMO but the odds of neither Greenwood or Ryans starting is nil. Best guess:

SLB--Orr
MLB--Ryans (if Cowart is 100% healthy in training camp he probably starts the season)
WLB--Greenwood

Hopefully we get some good eye witness accounts from training camp because this seems very up in the air.

As for size--Ryans is plenty big to play in the middle as demonstrated by the success of Thurman, Tatupu and Vilma recently plus guys like Shelton Quarles, Gary Brackett, Zach Thomas, Mike Peterson, etc.--none of whom are bigger than Ryans.
Old 07-11-2006   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Starting lineup for when? Training Camp?

If so, I am going to have to go with Greenwood at WLB, Rainer at MLB, and Orr at SLB.

For the start of the Season?

Greenwood at WLB, Cowart at MLB, Orr at SLB

After a few games i can see any one of these guys being replaced, but i think Ryans will break the starting lineup first and it will either be at MLB or SLB.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
id like to see..

Ryans - Polk - Orr

or

Orr - Polk - Anderson

but we will see what happens. I personally dont see Greenwood as a sure-fire starter...not by any stretch.
Polk won't start, I doubt he even makes the team.

It will likely be Greenwood at WLB, Cowart at MLB, and Orr at SLB. Ryans will see some action at both MLB and WLB and will see significant action on nickel formations. Greenwood is also rumored to be on the trading block for a RB like Michael Bennett (don't remember where I read that the other day, I'll see if I can find it again), so if he ends up being traded for a RB or hopefully a better CB then Ryans will likely be the starting WLB. Rainer should also see a lot of time at MLB if necessary, he's had most of the 1st team reps in practices thusfar.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #16
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

A little bit too early to make predictions but if the NFL regular season games were supposed to start this Sunday i would have to go Greenwoods-Ryans-Orr but i think any predictions arent to crazy since we havent even played a preseason game or had training camp yet.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #17
TexansFan4EvR
Rookie

Default Ryans - Middle Linebacker??!!

I just found a few things on the foxsports that kinda intrigued me.

Morlon Greenwood has moved to outside linebacker and is trying to hold off second-round rookie DeMeco Ryans for the starting job. Shantee Orr is starting on the other side.

Ryans has really impressed the coaches with his intelligence and athletic ability. He has grasped the system so quickly that they started moving him to middle linebacker, where he also showed he has the potential to be an impact player.

looks like ryans could be starting so that would make our line backer situation be ryans, cowart, orr not to bad. Oh and Orr will START!!!

GO TEXANS!!
Old 07-12-2006   #18
Sco-tai
Veteran

Orr....I mean....I just REALLY like the guy.

I could be mistaken, but I think there was even a point when Capers n' Co. had either dropped him outright...or relegated him to the practice squad.

But either way, EVERY time I saw him on the field, he was in the middle of the mix making a play. I REALLY like his potential to not only start, but be one of those linebackers that offensives has to account for.

My XBOX is getting tired of me creating Mario Williams and Ryans. Could the season start now...PLEASE!??!?!
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #19
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Can you send the link i would like to read about it, Thank You.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know we are all excited about Ryans, but I don't think he will be starting the first game, he might earn the starting job about midway into the season, probably just depends on the health of the other LB's IMO. Who knows maybe I am wrong.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read