Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-11-2006   #1
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle
Default 2006 NFL Predictions

As silly as it is to do at this point in the offseason, I'm bored and starved of football news so I thought I'd put together my prediction on the records of each team in the NFL this coming season, so here it is, feel free to question me on my opinions and offer up any of your own:

AFC East.....................NFC East
y-New England...12-4.....y-Washington...11-5
x-Miami.............10-6.....x-NY Giants......10-6
Buffalo..............4-12.....Dallas...............9-7
NY Jets.............3-13.....Philadelphia.......9-7
AFC North...................NFC North
y-Pittsburgh......11-5.....y-Chicago.........11-5
Cincinnati...........9-7.....Minnesota..........7-9
Baltimore............8-8.....Green Bay.........5-11
Cleveland..........4-12.....Detroit.............4-12
AFC South..................NFC South
y-Indianapolis....12-4.....y-Carolina.........13-3
Jacksonville.......10-6.....x-Tampa Bay.....10-6
Houston.............9-7......Atlanta.............9-7
Tennessee.........2-14.....New Orleans......2-14
AFC West...................NFC West
y-Denver...........12-4....y-Seattle..........12-4
x-Kansas City.....11-5....Arizona..............7-9
San Diego..........10-6....St. Louis............6-10
Oakland.............2-14....San Francisco.....2-14

* Predicted records are accurate to within +/- 2 wins for any unexpected outcomes in games.
y-division winner
x-wild card
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm getting out the calculator to make sure they all add up!!!!
Old 07-11-2006   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

im going to wait until after TC and pre-season before making my final predictions butt...

imo miami will go about .500 again this year and miss the playoffs. NO will finish 16-0 now that they have god on their team but seriously they def wont be as bad as you have them with brees at qb-id say 6-10/7-9
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems like there are too many teams with winning records on your predictions, MK. But maybe all those 2-14 teams make up for it, 'eh?

I like the Texans at 9-7, tho'!

I'll wait until preseason to make any predictions.
Old 07-11-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
I'm getting out the calculator to make sure they all add up!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
It seems like there are too many teams with winning records on your predictions, MK. But maybe all those 2-14 teams make up for it, 'eh?

I like the Texans at 9-7, tho'!

I'll wait until preseason to make any predictions.
The wins/losses do add up, I predicted each game individually for every team (I did the same thing last year, some teams came out pretty well, others didn't). Once training camps roll around and definitely during the preseason I'll adjust these predictions, but this is what I came up with for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
im going to wait until after TC and pre-season before making my final predictions butt...

imo miami will go about .500 again this year and miss the playoffs. NO will finish 16-0 now that they have god on their team but seriously they def wont be as bad as you have them with brees at qb-id say 6-10/7-9
I don't know, I really don't think New Orleans did much to improve themselves for this year (or Tennessee, NY Jets, and a few others, although their longer-term outlook is definitely brighter). The Saints may have the talent of a 5, 6, maybe even 7 win team, but looking at the their schedule I really don't see many wins:

@ Cleveland - Winnable, but I think Cleveland takes this one.
@ Green Bay - Another winnable game, but likewise I picked them to lose this one. I think they could manage a split between these first two games.
vs. Atlanta - Don't see them winning this one.
@ Carolina - No way they win this one.
vs. Tampa Bay - Don't see them winning this one either, I think they get swept in the division.
vs. Philadelphia - Another possible win.
Bye
vs. Baltimore - If McNair is still healthy and the team clicks pretty well I don't see the Saints winning this one.
@ Tampa Bay - No way.
@ Pittsburgh - No way.
vs. Cincinnati - Don't see a win here.
@ Atlanta - No.
vs. San Francisco - The only game I expect them to win.
@ Dallas - Don't see this happening.
vs. Washington - Don't see them winning this one.
@ NY Giants - Don't see them possibly winning this one.
vs. Carolina - Don't see them coming close.

Last edited by MorKnolle; 07-11-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will be a 6-10 team, but I like the look of that 9-7 in the AFC South.
Old 07-11-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I think we will be a 6-10 team, but I like the look of that 9-7 in the AFC South.
I actually had a difficult time keeping our record down to 9-7 if anything. I think we actually have a fairly favorable schedule:

vs. Philadelphia
@ Indianapolis
vs. Washington
vs. Miami
BYE
@ Dallas
vs. Jacksonville
@ Tennessee
@ NY Giants
@ Jacksonville
vs. Buffalo
@ NY Jets
@ Oakland
vs. Tennessee

I don't see us beating Indy on the road, but I think between Philadelphia, Washington, Miami, and Dallas we should win two, maybe three, so after Dallas I think we will be 2-3 or possibly 3-2. I think we split with Jacksonville, sweep Tennessee, and I don't see us winning at the Giants, so thru the two Jacksonville games I think we will be 4-5 or 5-4. Then we have a nice stretch that I really think we can win all four games, and I expect us to win at least three of them, so going into New England I think we will be anywhere from 7-6 to maybe even 9-4 if we catch a couple breaks and get on a roll. I don't think we win at New England or at home against the Colts, although if we do win all four games leading into New England and are in the playoff hunt we could pull a surprise in there. Finally, I expect us to beat Cleveland, so when all that is said and done I see us somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-8 to maybe 10-6.
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Mork, this is where you fail me. You get me geeked up and want to change my prediction by concocting different scenarios which are plausible. Not gonna do it, not gonna do it as this juncture. Wouldn't be prudent. I must lower expectations and look forward to the gravy.
Old 07-11-2006   #9
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
QUOTE=MorKnolleI actually had a difficult time keeping our record down to 9-7 if anything. I think we actually have a fairly favorable schedule...
Old 07-11-2006   #10
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

pretty solid all around except i dont see fours teams going 2-14. Oh ya and i like the Texans at 9-7.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #11
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
As silly as it is to do at this point in the offseason, I'm bored and starved of football news so I thought I'd put together my prediction on the records of each team in the NFL this coming season, so here it is, feel free to question me on my opinions and offer up any of your own:

AFC East.....................NFC East
y-New England...12-4.....y-Washington...11-5
x-Miami.............10-6.....x-NY Giants......10-6
Buffalo..............4-12.....Dallas...............9-7
NY Jets.............3-13.....Philadelphia.......9-7
AFC North...................NFC North
y-Pittsburgh......11-5.....y-Chicago.........11-5
Cincinnati...........9-7.....Minnesota..........7-9
Baltimore............8-8.....Green Bay.........5-11
Cleveland..........4-12.....Detroit.............4-12
AFC South..................NFC South
y-Indianapolis....12-4.....y-Carolina.........13-3
Jacksonville.......10-6.....x-Tampa Bay.....10-6
Houston.............9-7......Atlanta.............9-7
Tennessee.........2-14.....New Orleans......2-14
AFC West...................NFC West
y-Denver...........12-4....y-Seattle..........12-4
x-Kansas City.....11-5....Arizona..............7-9
San Diego..........10-6....St. Louis............6-10
Oakland.............2-14....San Francisco.....2-14

* Predicted records are accurate to within +/- 2 wins for any unexpected outcomes in games.
y-division winner
x-wild card
Haha the Texans are 7 wins better than us? In your dreams.
Old 07-12-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
Haha the Texans are 7 wins better than us? In your dreams.
The Titans will find a way to lose seven more time than us.
Old 07-12-2006   #13
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

For a team that went 2-14 and was swept by the Titans, I just don't see that happening. Sorry.
Old 07-12-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
For a team that went 2-14 and was swept by the Titans, I just don't see that happening. Sorry.
Your Titans are going to stink this year. Which helps immensely in this exercise.
Old 07-12-2006   #15
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Your Titans are going to stink this year. Which helps immensely in this exercise.
Yes, we will "stink" this year. But so will the Texans.
Old 07-12-2006   #16
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We might "stink" at meeting yours and the rest of the non-believer's expectations this year. That'd be about the extent of the "stink" category.
Old 07-12-2006   #17
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

We should have been a 5-11 team last year, we upgraded almost every position on our team, and we have a dramatically improved coaching staff and systems. The Titans didn't do much to improve their team this year, I don't see Vince positively impacting the team at all this year, if anything he will have more negatives than positives, and LenDale White doesn't add anything special that Chris Brown and Travis Henry couldn't already do, just bumpe another pretty talented guy down the depth chart. Adding Mawae will help some if he can stay healthy, and Givens could be an ok addition (albeit overpaid) if his QB can get him the ball. Chris Hope will help some but not a whole lot, and Thornton was a product of Indy's system and may or may not end up being good for the Titans, but the Titans will struggle again this year, which will likely result in the firing of Jeff Fisher and most of the rest of the staff, which will set the team back another 1-1.5 years.
Old 07-12-2006   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I actually think Cincy will win the division over the Steelers. Other than that no major complaints.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #19
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Your bravado won't help you this year "Tack". Lets see if you have the cojones to come back in here after this season and back up your boast. Oh, yes, it was only 2 years ago that we swept both games then too, so it ain't out of the realm of possibility. For instance who you gonna use for a QB, Billy Voleck, or Vince Young? Bring 'em on tacky.
Old 07-12-2006   #20
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I actually think Cincy will win the division over the Steelers. Other than that no major complaints.
I don't know, I think they overachieved last year, and still have a pretty weak defense, plus with questions about Palmer's recovery (uncertainty if he'll be ready at the start of the year and if his injury will affect him physically or mentally) , plus they have a harder schedule this year since they won their division, and I see Baltimore improving a lot over last year unless injuries ravage their team again, so I don't know if they repeat.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read