Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-10-2006   #1
BroussardSaint
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to BroussardSaint
Default Reggie or Mario ??

Who will help their team go farther in the NFL ?? WHY??
BroussardSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #2
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroussardSaint
lol....you're kidding, right? It's not who you think.
Old 07-10-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Think Mario Williams was a bad pick? Read this
Mario Williams info pt. 2
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #4
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WHAT???
Based on your alvatar, I would assume that Bush is the player you expect. I disagree.
Old 07-10-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WOW! if i had the time i would read blogs by as many females as i could. but it won;t happen. my post was a simple question. but as the norm on Texans sites is that most are insecure and would rather turn the attention on other teams failures ETC... I AM a fan of the Texans but find it funny how Ya'll want to focus on other teams.
Just because we're Texans fans, that doesn't mean we all act the same. We've been hearing about Bush longer than you guys have, so we may know JUST A BIT more than y'all. Back on topic, Williams should have a bigger impact as good DE's have more of an impact than RB/WRs like Bush.
Old 07-10-2006   #6
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Quote:
WOW! if i had the time i would read blogs by as many females as i could. but it won;t happen. my post was a simple question. but as the norm on Texans sites is that most are insecure and would rather turn the attention on other teams failures ETC... I AM a fan of the Texans but find it funny how Ya'll want to focus on other teams.
I grew up in Louisiana. I'm well aware of the Saints history so I don't consider myself to be picking on a team I'm not familiar with. I watched the Saints, and hoped, until the Texans inaugural season.....then finally had enough of the Saints.
Old 07-10-2006   #7
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Williams will, Bush is stuck behind McAllister who was a great back before he got injured. You can only make so much of an impact when you split carries. Mario gets to start from day 1 and will anchor our new defense with Ryans and Robinson.
Old 07-10-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
SO!! how long will it be before you jump the bandwagon again?
He can't jump on something that doesn't exist.
Old 07-10-2006   #9
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Mario Williams because he has no one in his way of stoping him unlike Bush who has to split Carries with Deuce.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I still wonder about RB's ability to carry the load. He's never done that before. Also, why would you want to pay #2 overall $$ to a part-time back? Will he be a wideout also? I haven't been able to find out much about him because the sAints shut down their fan message boards because of, well, the fans inability to act in accordance with the norms of society. ANYWAY, how's he looking? Is he splitting time between RB and any other positions?
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Bush is a good player, but we needed help on defense bad. Mario was the clear choice for us. I think bush would have given us numbers, but mario will give us wins because he will improve everybody on the defense.

Good post
Old 07-10-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I need to wait to see both of them play in at least one game before i make an assumption. Otherwise, i'd just be guessing.
Old 07-10-2006   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I think Bush will make a bigger impact at first, but there are questions and Mario will outlast him. In the end, it may be a toss up as to who was the better player (after Mario finally finishes his career), but Mario was probably the better choice for us. We're switching to the 4-3 and we have DD and a zone blocking scheme. We need Mario more.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #14
AFD1717
Veteran

I think Bush will have a rookie year full of inconsistency mixed with a few moments of greatness. After that, he will be a regular on Sportscenter just like at USC and will be one of the most dangerous men in the game and will probably be anong the leaders in total yards. In about 6 or years his body will start to break down and he'll need to become what Marshall Faulk was the last couple of seasons (don't know if his ego will let him share the rock). Bush IMO is the Michael Vick of RBs.

Mario keeps getting compared to Peppers, but he is really more like Reggie White. He will never get the hype White had because he isn't as vocal. I expect his sack numbers will be a little disappointing to some becuase he won't be asked to pin his ears back on every play like Dwight Freeney, but he will be in the top 5 in the league in sacks for about a decade.

Bush will sell more gear, but he's a shooting star. Give me Mario.
Old 07-10-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
well i hope ya'll don't all act the same. cause i got beat up once in houston for wearing stretchy pants... LOL
I apologize for that......... I was having a bad day.

Back to the original question.

Duece should count for 2000 yards of offense for ya...... 1600 on the ground, 400 recieving.

Joe Horn...... should count for 1000 yards recieving......and then some
Stalworth..... another 1000, unless you cut him.... I wouldn't imagine it, but I wouldn't put it past ya...

Boo Williams, Zach Hilton, Ernie Cornwell........ you normally get 500+ yards out of your tightends....

The only way Bush can make an impact on your team, is if all those guys hit those numbers, in addition to what Reggie Does.....

So lets say the Saints rush for over 2000 yards, and Reggie counted for 500 of that....... is that a big impact?? I don't think so......

Lets say Duece get's hurt........ and Reggie rushes for 1300 yards.... is that a big impact?? only if a) Michael Bennette proved to be useless, or b) Michael Bennette gets hurt again...

Same goes for your recieving Core..... I already see 4000 yards for Drew Brees. To throw Reggie in there, he'll have to throw for more than 4000..... not likely to happen... so, somebody has to get hurt, and Reggie has to take up their slack..... because if Reggie's numbers go up, and someone else's goes down, then he's not adding anything the team didn't already have... not making an impact. If you're getting 2000 recieving yards out of your recievers, and after adding Reggie, you are still getting 2000 recieving yards, he's made no impact....

now we were ranked 30th against the pass, and 31st against the run(something god awful like that)......... if we move up to mid league...... 15 or 16 range and/or top 10 total defense, then we're all going to give a little credit to the 4-3(as opposed to the 3-4) and a lot to the big guy.
Old 07-10-2006   #16
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I apologize for that......... I was having a bad day.

Back to the original question.

Duece should count for 2000 yards of offense for ya...... 1600 on the ground, 400 recieving.

Joe Horn...... should count for 1000 yards recieving......and then some
Stalworth..... another 1000, unless you cut him.... I wouldn't imagine it, but I wouldn't put it past ya...

Boo Williams, Zach Hilton, Ernie Cornwell........ you normally get 500+ yards out of your tightends....

The only way Bush can make an impact on your team, is if all those guys hit those numbers, in addition to what Reggie Does.....

So lets say the Saints rush for over 2000 yards, and Reggie counted for 500 of that....... is that a big impact?? I don't think so......

Lets say Duece get's hurt........ and Reggie rushes for 1300 yards.... is that a big impact?? only if a) Michael Bennette proved to be useless, or b) Michael Bennette gets hurt again...

Same goes for your recieving Core..... I already see 4000 yards for Drew Brees. To throw Reggie in there, he'll have to throw for more than 4000..... not likely to happen... so, somebody has to get hurt, and Reggie has to take up their slack..... because if Reggie's numbers go up, and someone else's goes down, then he's not adding anything the team didn't already have... not making an impact. If you're getting 2000 recieving yards out of your recievers, and after adding Reggie, you are still getting 2000 recieving yards, he's made no impact....
What is this fascination with stats??? If Reggie Bush Gets One yard A game...But that one yard a game scores the game winning TD...Has he made no impact? He may take away from other players yardage, but that doesn't mean he hasn't made an impact....Thats ridiculous...I guess the same can be said about Mario then...If he doesn't add any more tackles or sacks than we had last year then he's made no impact...or if someone elses sack numbers go down, while his go up he hasn't added anything else we already didn't have....This double standard is crazy...Mario will make an impact that doesn't show up in stats..Double teams, taking up blockers..and Bush will make an impact in other ways as well....
Old 07-10-2006   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
What is this fascination with stats??? If Reggie Bush Gets One yard A game...But that one yard a game scores the game winning TD...Has he made no impact? He may take away from other players yardage, but that doesn't mean he hasn't made an impact....Thats ridiculous...I guess the same can be said about Mario then...If he doesn't add any more tackles or sacks than we had last year then he's made no impact...or if someone elses sack numbers go down, while his go up he hasn't added anything else we already didn't have....This double standard is crazy...Mario will make an impact that doesn't show up in stats..Double teams, taking up blockers..and Bush will make an impact in other ways as well....
Statistically speaking, I have to agree with you.
I just can't see 4,000 yds. for Brees with him coming off of shoulder surgery. 3,000 would be a good year for him.
Old 07-10-2006   #18
SESupergenius

Initially Mario Williams will have a bigger impact because he will be the designated started, whereas Bush will be a 3rd down type back and special teams player. It may turn out that McAllister will not be the same with his injury or may get hurt again, but Bush is clearly playing 2nd fiddle going into camp. In a couple of years however, Bush may be the only starter and should have a bigger impact considering he would touch the ball more and directly score points.
Old 07-10-2006   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
MARIO.............Reggie plays for the Saints.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the man who would be our saviour is going to be playing 2nd fiddle on a team that was just as bad last year? If he's that dang good, he should be an auto. starter WHEREVER he goes. Deuce is good, but has he ever been called the wonderful things RB has? Just wonderin...I'm gonna go rant on another thread now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read