Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-09-2006   #1
AFD1717
Veteran

Default David Anderson - Contender or Pretender?

David Anderson seems to be the forgotten man on this board. I'll admit, I don't know much about him. Looking at his junior year he seems to have some skills and Kubiak obviously thinks he fits the scheme or he wouldn't have drafted him. I never heard how he did in OTAs. Will he be our Brandon Stokley or will he get cut and have to hope for the taxi squad?
Old 07-09-2006   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
David Anderson - Contender or Pretender?
Friend of the Kubiak family for sure. That can't hurt.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #3
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

D. Anderson Colorado State Univ.(same college Kuds son plays for) 5'9 194 lbs. has great hands and willing to go across the middle of the field has no fear. Willing to block as well. Has 4.55 speed in the 40 but wont blow pass people more of a route-running skill player.(s. largent type IMO)Info from Profootball Weekly 2006 preview
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #4
AFD1717
Veteran

How did he do in OTAs?
Old 07-09-2006   #5
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

"Who!"

I did actually say that out loud... o well never hurts to learn something new.

( and as a statement )
Old 07-09-2006   #6
CMoak1982
Rookie

I've watched him play several times mainly because I like C states RB Kyle Bell. Anderson will be a good player probably special teams but possibly move up. Great hands and will crack back harder than anyone I've ever seen. He's fearless and pretty stout for his height. Not a breakaway guy but extremely shifty good with the ball in his hands and if it's anywhere near him he will catch it.

Keep an eye out for Kyle Bell, next coming of Eddie George.
CMoak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMoak1982
I've watched him play several times mainly because I like C states RB Kyle Bell. Anderson will be a good player probably special teams but possibly move up. Great hands and will crack back harder than anyone I've ever seen. He's fearless and pretty stout for his height. Not a breakaway guy but extremely shifty good with the ball in his hands and if it's anywhere near him he will catch it.

Keep an eye out for Kyle Bell, next coming of Eddie George.
I can see the similarities...thru my Cokebottle-bottom glasses. Anderson is right there next to Mr. Irrelevant, right? If he makes it, great...if not, HELLO Insurance Company.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what I hear about him, and its nice to remember his name is Daid, not Derek...but that's another story. Our recieving corps is surprisingly deep, so if he makes it, he'll be mostly a special teams player.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
I like what I hear about him, and its nice to remember his name is Daid, not Derek...but that's another story. Our recieving corps is surprisingly deep, so if he makes it, he'll be mostly a special teams player.
Zidane is doing OK. 1-1
EDIT um...Italia just won.

Last edited by DocBar; 07-09-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Great if he makes it, no big deal if he doesn't. Being a 7th round pick, he obviously wasn't highly regarded. It'll be neat if he actually turns into a productive reciever, but the odds are against him being drafted where he was.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Fluff!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2006   #12
tex
Veteran

Isn't that about where C C BROWN was drafted?
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Isn't that about where C C BROWN was drafted?

CC Brown was a 6th Round pick I believe.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
CC Brown was a 6th Round pick I believe.
CC happens to be slobberknockin fluff. Don't bother argueing. Fluff is fluff til proven to BE slobberknockin fluff.
Old 07-09-2006   #15
tex
Veteran

He maybe fluff I was just saying just because a guy is a low round pick don't mean he won't make the team.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #16
AFD1717
Veteran

We do have some UDFAs that folks seem to think have a shot at making the team. I don't see why a guy we actually drafted shouldn't have a pretty good shot at making it too, despite the competition at the position.
Old 07-09-2006   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
We do have some UDFAs that folks seem to think have a shot at making the team. I don't see why a guy we actually drafted shouldn't have a pretty good shot at making it too, despite the competition at the position.
When the slobber clears, it'll be settled!!! lol
I'm justtalkin smack. The guy may end up being the Texans Bill Bates. He's probably the tour director at the NFL HOF right now. And one heck of a special teams guy, too, I might add.
Old 07-09-2006   #18
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
CC happens to be slobberknockin fluff. Don't bother argueing. Fluff is fluff til proven to BE slobberknockin fluff.
LOL.....we were looking for a nickname for the defense on another thread. Maybe we should call them SLOBBERKNOCKIN'
Old 07-10-2006   #19
wrestler4life
Veteran

I coached against David when he played at Thousand Oaks High here in SoCal.
He was one of the best recievers I had seen, especially for his size. He will do anything asked of him and not complain. He may be another BeBee (spelling?) like the Bills had.
Old 07-10-2006   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoudreamn
LOL.....we were looking for a nickname for the defense on another thread. Maybe we should call them SLOBBERKNOCKIN'
There's a lot to be said for slobberknockers!!!! I hope we have a team full of 'em this year. DC throws an interception, SLOBBERKNOCK that DB and he'll
be thinkin about it the next time DC throws a ball to him!!! Try figuring THAT one out. If you please let me in on it....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read