Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-08-2006   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default DEfense Nickname?

We never came up with one over the last few years, and I guess for good reason. Do we have anything folks or what? I say we get it started and give the defense something to ride behind and get pride in, rather than waiting for them to do something. Believe me, this defense will be a TON better with Smith at the lead. Even if they would have stayed in the 3-4, the guy has more intensity and shows more accountability than the Capers regime. How bout, "The make you Bleed, Stampede...lol" .........
Old 07-08-2006   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
We never came up with one over the last few years, and I guess for good reason. Do we have anything folks or what? I say we get it started and give the defense something to ride behind and get pride in, rather than waiting for them to do something. Believe me, this defense will be a TON better with Smith at the lead. Even if they would have stayed in the 3-4, the guy has more intensity and shows more accountability than the Capers regime. How bout, "The make you Bleed, Stampede...lol" .........
well, the last 3 years, it could've been sieve or caulender or leaky or Pepe LePew. I'm drawing a complete blank for this year cuz I have no idea what kind of identity they're gonna have. Might wanna wait til a few regular season games have gone by then retry
Old 07-08-2006   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a bit early for a name IMO as they haven't set a personality yet, but how about the "Hounds" then everyone in the stands can yell "Loose the Hounds!". War Dogs isn't to bad either.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
It's a bit early for a name IMO as they haven't set a personality yet, but how about the "Hounds" then everyone in the stands can yell "Loose the Hounds!". War Dogs isn't to bad either.
But what if they end up being pups? Will we nickname Reliant Stadium "The Porch"? Cuz if ya can't run with the big dawgs....
Old 07-08-2006   #5
HeroTime
Rookie

Call them the "ManCrushers" that way you can display you mancrush on them and the will physically crush and man that comes their way. :bananasplit:
HeroTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #6
Eyeguy
Veteran

The "Bull Rush"
Old 07-08-2006   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Little Engine that Could
Old 07-08-2006   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

32nd franchise, 32nd defense?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull

There's a good reason why the Texans have gone without a nickname for their 'D'.................noone would want the name out there for ridicule. I am very hopeful for a significant upgrade of play by this year's team. But, at the same time, before a "tough" name is applied, "weeny" performance needs to be proven a thing of the past.

That said, I'll offer up "The [Houston] Hit Squad"
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
There's a good reason why the Texans have gone without a nickname for their 'D'.................noone would want the name out there for ridicule. I am very hopeful for a significant upgrade of play by this year's team. But, at the same time, before a "tough" name is applied, "weeny" performance needs to be proven a thing of the past.

That said, I'll offer up "The [Houston] Hit Squad"
If they're tough weenies, we could do something with the Oscar Meyer song....just a thought....
Lets see some proof before we start calling it pudding!!!
Old 07-08-2006   #11
rams-rule
Rookie

the blue stampede
Old 07-08-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

While I certainly hope we have a defense that earns the right to a nickname, I hesitate to call them anything at this point when we haven't seen them play a down. I'd hate to come up with some kickass nic only to have them struggle to live up to it.

Although something with "stampede" would be kind of cool, especially if that's the way they make opposing offenses feel.
Old 07-08-2006   #13
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

I agree with most we need to see them play with our own eyes before giving them a nickname.(but if the man can play like we think he can I'm throughing out Marios Marauders.(I think that how to spell it)

Last edited by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry; 07-08-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #14
bigtex77
Veteran

How about "A defense that has the potential to not suck" for now and then see what happens?
Old 07-08-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I kind of like "winners." But we have yet to earn that right.

It's all Carr's fault.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #16
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Until Im proven wrong, Im going to stick with "Swiss Cheese"
Old 07-08-2006   #17
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
How about "A defense that has the potential to not suck" for now and then see what happens?
Very nice. I agree whole heartedly, but it is July and we don't have anything else to talk about. How about "The Mad Cow Disease?"
Old 07-08-2006   #18
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Although something with "stampede" would be kind of cool, especially if that's the way they make opposing offenses feel.
You do realize that the Texan's defense already has an old nickname that needs to be shed before you add a new one?

And stampede could be taken the other way round!
Old 07-08-2006   #19
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd prefer a more simple name like, "The Wall :brickwall ".

Or, perhaps, "The Welcoming Committee ".

And, of course, if we play like last year, "The SOS Squad ".

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
I'd prefer a more simple name like, "The Wall :brickwall ".

Or, perhaps, "The Welcoming Committee ".

And, of course, if we play like last year, "The SOS Squad ".
The underlined could have been used the last couple of years, too. Would it be way to cheesy just to bring back the House of Pain? Maybe we could call MW "The Dentist" cuz those guys know how to deliver PAIN. Can't believe I just typed that!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read