Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-08-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans close to signing Spencer

Fri, 7 Jul 2006 22:46:35 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans are very close to a deal with rookie OT Charles Spencer, the first of the club's two selections in the third round, and that a deal could be reached early next week.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #2
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news! Let sign them all before training camp!
Old 07-08-2006   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news!!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody, or hardly nobody that I can think of gets their Draft picks
signed as quickly as the Texans do ? I suppose the Texans might pay their picks a premium here and there to get it done, but IMO the benefit of getting
them into camp on time and with a positive attitude since the players finances are in order far outweights any extra cap that might expended for the rapid signings.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Nobody, or hardly nobody that I can think of gets their Draft picks
signed as quickly as the Texans do ? I suppose the Texans might pay their picks a premium here and there to get it done, but IMO the benefit of getting
them into camp on time and with a positive attitude since the players finances are in order far outweights any extra cap that might expended for the rapid sighnings.
Totally agree. If a premium must be paid to ensure their prompt attendance to TC after you have put man hours and money into scouting, then get it done.
Old 07-08-2006   #6
AFD1717
Veteran

It does help when you get to sign your first rounders before the draft...

***SMACK!!!***

Sorry. That sound you heard was me slapping the last of the negativity out of my head.
Old 07-08-2006   #7
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't there only one rookie to ever miss any Training Camp time because he wasn't signed? And wouldn't he be the worst 1st round draft pick in the short history of the team?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2006   #8
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Huge

This is huge for the Texans. To get everyone in to camp and ready to go for the new regime! Spencer is going to be a mauller. Mark my words. We have a future hall of fame O-lineman, who has class, plays tough, and is willing to learn. Place in there Eric Winston, and the Texans finally have two o-linemen they will be able to count on for the future. This may turn out to be the most pivotable draft in team history. Not due to Mario, but an entire team mindset.
Old 07-08-2006   #9
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Great news on Spencer, thanks as allways to everybody that keep me in the loop. Dont know if any one has talked about our two third rounders in depth(sorry I admit i realy havent looked hard at passed threads) but I think the upside to both of these guys is the fact that thay have only played on the O-line for two years, these guys where by most account first or early second rounders in the draft, and we where lucky to get them in the third. Now Sherman get to work with them for at least a year (I hope two) man will make pro-bowlers out of both them.The only issue is and correct me if I'm wrong I that Winston has had a knee problem in the pass thats why his stock fell in the draft.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Great news on Spencer, thanks as allways to everybody that keep me in the loop. Dont know if any one has talked about our two third rounders in depth(sorry I admit i realy havent looked hard at passed threads) but I think the upside to both of these guys is the fact that thay have only played on the O-line for two years, these guys where by most account first or early second rounders in the draft, and we where lucky to get them in the third. Now Sherman get to work with them for at least a year (I hope two) man will make pro-bowlers out of both them.The only issue is and correct me if I'm wrong I that Winston has had a knee problem in the pass thats why his stock fell in the draft.
From what I've read, Spencer's turning out to be a stud. He's been mixing it up with Mario and holding his own. I hope that speaks highly of Spencer and not poorly of Mario.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #11
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

I dont think it says anything about Mario. But it speaks volumes for spencer we need a BIG NASTY up front to protect Carr. 'BOUT TIME we got some O-line men. Thanks for the responce.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #12
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Spencer and Winston will hold up the line for many years to come I love the fact that we're getting everyone signed so early. We really know how to take care of our players and our team
Old 07-08-2006   #13
Doug
All Pro

I have to say that I'm as excited now as I was right before our inaugural season. I personally feel that this is the best draft we've ever had and actually picked good, solid players that we needed. This will definitely be a very fun year. I know it may be a little off topic but I haven't posted in a while and wanted to get my opinion out there. I try not to get too caught up in the off season topics because there's always alot of repetitiveness with everyone being bored.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #14
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
From what I've read, Spencer's turning out to be a stud. He's been mixing it up with Mario and holding his own. I hope that speaks highly of Spencer and not poorly of Mario.
When I first heard this, I thought it spoke poorly of Mario. The more information I see filtering in, the more I think it's not a downgraded Mario but a better than expected Spencer.
Old 07-10-2006   #15
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Thats good now lets get the rest of the draft picks
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't put too much stock in it either way until they have pads on.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #17
wrestler4life
Veteran

I agree. I think we need to have a cautious mindset entering this season. They have a LONG way to go. I don't want to get too amped and then go through a 5-11 to 7-9 season (although the latter would not be that bad)
Old 07-10-2006   #18
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Spencer

Saw Spencer at the University of Pittsburgh for 4 ears, this guy can flat out play football. Athletic, big, and flat out strong. In training camp he will get the best of Mario a few times, because he is so athletic, more than other lineman. Fell a bit in the draft due to inexperience only, otherwise a #1 pick. This guy will be added to a list of great draft picks that we had this past offseason. I think we will all end up sending Charlie C a thank you card in a few years, after Williams, Ryans, Spencer, Winston, and Owen beome staples of the Texans team. Mark my words, all these guys will help change the atmosphere around houston. Oh I can't wait for the season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read