Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-07-2006   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hello Girls.........I'm The Real Terrell Owens

A piece by Justice for all of us Girl lovers...........and don't forget to click on the link below from the Philadelphia Inquirer ........it'll give you goosebumbs.

..........Jerry, pop a Pepcid and say hello to the real T.O.:

July 06, 2006

If you hate the Dallas Cowboys, you're going to love Terrell Owens

Terrell Owens is hoping to disrupt his previous team with the release of his trashy new tell-all book. What he's really doing is giving the Dallas Cowboys a glimpse of what's ahead.

Fasten your seatbelts, Cowboy fans. He was a jerk in San Francisco. He was a jerk in Philadelphia. And he's going to be a jerk in Dallas.

He's the best wide receiver in the NFL, an almost unstoppable force capable of taking over games. He's not worth the trouble.

Maybe the blowup won't come in training camp or the first half of the season. But it'll come and it'll be disruptive and it'll be great fun.

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in almost 10 years. They're not going to win one this season. They'll be something better than a winner. They'll be the NFL's No. 1 freak show.
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/14975161.htm

TWO MORE RELATED LINKS FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE FROM THE INQUIRER:

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/14975172.htm

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/new...s/14975311.htm

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 07-07-2006 at 06:08 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest I don't care what he does except do what he is paid to do and that is score. It makes no difference to me if he's happy or sad on the team or if he likes the coach or owner.

They can always cut him if they don't like what they are getting. He won't be the first.

And the other option is he could be fine and score alot. Either way they are paid millions to deal with these players. So they will do whatever they have to do I'm sure.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

....and if they cut him, it will ONLY cost them $5 million just for the honor of him trying on a Girls outfit.......remember the guaranteed signing bonus?
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #4
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Jerrah Jones is reported to be one of the best businessmen in the NFL, and this is purely a business decision.

Publicity, even bad Publicity, is still good for business. Getting the Cowboys front page headlines with Owens antics is just what Jerrah is hoping for.

yeah, it's going to happen. Yeah, it's going to be spectacular, as are all of his temper tantrums.

and yeah, Jerrah's going to be smiling all the way to the bank when the media goes into it's feeding frenzy of 'I told ya so' and here is what TO did to prove me right.

as your links said, they haven't made the playoffs in over 10 yrs. So what else is newsworthy with the Cowboys other than TO? Nothing.
Old 07-07-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you hate the Dallas Cowboys, you're going to love Terrell Owens
The logic of the enemy of my enemy is my friend is usually a sound one.

But in this case, I really dislike Owens to the point that I wouldn't wish him on anyone...even the Cowboys. (I mean, I've got friends that are Cowboys fans.)

I have very little doubt that TO will implode in Dallas like he has everywhere. It is a character flaw, and you can't fix fundamental aspects of a dude's character (unless he makes the choice to do so). But Owens obviously sees nothing wrong with his past actions, so there is absolutely no catalyst for him to change his ways.
Old 07-07-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell me something I don't know. Is this really news? Been there done that.
Old 07-07-2006   #7
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
The logic of the enemy of my enemy is my friend is usually a sound one.

But in this case, I really dislike Owens to the point that I wouldn't wish him on anyone...even the Cowboys. (I mean, I've got friends that are Cowboys fans.)

I have very little doubt that TO will implode in Dallas like he has everywhere. It is a character flaw, and you can't fix fundamental aspects of a dude's character (unless he makes the choice to do so). But Owens obviously sees nothing wrong with his past actions, so there is absolutely no catalyst for him to change his ways.
My feelings exactly. T.O. has never done anything wrong. It's always someone else's fault. My problem is....he's still profiting from his actions. Why won't the teams and owners black ball this guy. IMO, the Cowboys get everything that they deserve here. He will cause more problems than he's worth.
Old 07-07-2006   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I remember all the posts about how Parcells would only last 3 years in Dallas because of the pending clashes between his and Jerry's egos.

Year 4 and counting...
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Year 4 with no playoff berth and there will be no more counting.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #10
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
as your links said, they haven't made the playoffs in over 10 yrs. So what else is newsworthy with the Cowboys other than TO? Nothing.

Well the link is wrong my friend. We havent WON a playoff game in 10 years. That will all change this year. We'll be 5-0 after the arse kicking we're going to give to you're beloved texans.

I'm ready to drink some beer for that game. Oh yeah. My ex wife and her fiance or whatever he is now are going to. They got a blue parking pass as well. So between them, me and you we have 3. That should get some people in. BTW he's a texan fan. He catches hell from me and my ex wife so he'll enjoy some company with some texan fans. See you at the game. Well actually I'll see you the night before.

Last edited by DFAN; 07-08-2006 at 12:36 AM.
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #11
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.

Again not true. Man you and gr8 are very football knowledgeable(is that spelled right?) football fans and still getting this very simple fact wrong.

They made the playoffs in 2003. Was a very quick exit but they did make it.

Last edited by DFAN; 07-08-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2006   #12
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

cowpokes have a good team. id put them behind only the seahawks and panthers in the NFC, if of course jj stays healthy.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #13
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm ready to drink some beer for that game. Oh yeah. My ex wife and her fiance or whatever he is now are going to. They got a blue parking pass as well. So between them, me and you we have 3. That should get some people in. BTW he's a texan fan. He catches hell from me and my ex wife so he'll enjoy some company with some texan fans. See you at the game. Well actually I'll see you the night before.
wondered when you were going to step in DFAN. Looking forward to that game for sure. including the night before. Can't wait to see Jerrah's face when the Texans take the Texas bragging rights AGAIN.

this time at your place instead of ours.

by the way, was the newsworthy part of that 2003 game your referred to about them making the playoffs, with an 8-8 record? Or how they got shown the door so quickly?
Old 07-08-2006   #14
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
wondered when you were going to step in DFAN. Looking forward to that game for sure. including the night before. Can't wait to see Jerrah's face when the Texans take the Texas bragging rights AGAIN.

this time at your place instead of ours.

by the way, was the newsworthy part of that 2003 game your referred to about them making the playoffs, with an 8-8 record? Or how they got shown the door so quickly?

Again do your homework. They were 10-6 in 2003. They got shown the door buy the Panthers who wentto the SB.

JJ's face will have a big oh smile on it. But just in case I'm bringing an extra $500 so if a miracle happens and they do get lucky and win, I might have to punch someone in their mouth for talking crap.

Last edited by DFAN; 07-08-2006 at 05:14 AM.
Old 07-08-2006   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
Again do your homework. They were 10-6 in 2003. They got shown the door buy the Panthers who won the SB.
So? The Texans beat the Panthers that year. It still does not change the fact that your playoff win drought is longer than ours.
Old 07-08-2006   #16
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
To be honest I don't care what he does except do what he is paid to do and that is score. It makes no difference to me if he's happy or sad on the team or if he likes the coach or owner.

They can always cut him if they don't like what they are getting. He won't be the first.

And the other option is he could be fine and score alot. Either way they are paid millions to deal with these players. So they will do whatever they have to do I'm sure.
That about sums up my opinion.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #17
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Is that the same as a deadline extention?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #18
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

I don't know what to say right away... I think his relentless poking at McNabb and the Eagles could be good and could throw them off of their game, if the Cowboys get up on them early. It might also endear him to the team a bit too... possibly. Sorta like 'the team rallies around their man' kinda thing.

( not sure how after that star dancing act, but it IS Dallas after all )
---

I can tell you this though! I am going to be one unhappy bitter person for the next four years if we get dropped by T.O. and the Cowboys. UGH the mere thought makes me want to take a nap.

EDIT:

Also the Panthers didn't win the Super Bowl... but I don't think you meant to say that.
Old 07-08-2006   #19
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters
Also the Panthers didn't win the Super Bowl... but I don't think you meant to say that.

TY. I had to edit. I guess i need to do my homework.
Old 07-08-2006   #20
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
It still does not change the fact that your playoff win drought is longer than ours.

LOL!!!! Well you got me there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read