Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-07-2006   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Overrated-Underrated

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9542704

Houston Texans
Overrated: Eric Moulds caught 81 passes for the Bills last season, but his per-catch average of 10.1 tied for the lowest of his career. That's a sign of a slowdown. The Texans like him as a No. 2 receiver, but if he slows down even more they might not get that out of him. He is no longer a top receiver.

Underrated: In his four seasons, David Carr has not yet lived up to the hype. But a lot of that has to do with a supporting cast. He now has a good one. Look for Carr to move to the next level. He's a better quarterback than people think.

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #2
NATHANHALE
Veteran

Default ...not since yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan

Houston Texans
Overrated: Eric Moulds caught 81 passes for the Bills last season, but his per-catch average of 10.1 tied for the lowest of his career. That's a sign of a slowdown. The Texans like him as a No. 2 receiver, but if he slows down even more they might not get that out of him. He is no longer a top receiver.

Underrated: In his four seasons, David Carr has not yet lived up to the hype. But a lot of that has to do with a supporting cast. He now has a good one. Look for Carr to move to the next level. He's a better quarterback than people think.

...alright, I'm excited, another thread with Carr's name in it and--the 'excuse' and the 'promise'
NATHANHALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #3
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Moulds and Carr will be fine!

You have to look at the style of Offense the Bills ran. Not exactly the explosive style they were used to in the past. Also, had a rookie QB last season, and half of the year before. New Coaching also with a change in philosophy. If he gets the average he had in Buffalo, as the Texans #2, I will take that all day long. Andre is the go to guy, and his catches may be around 75-80 this season, but the yardage will show the difference. Carr will have a good year. Not great, but will start to steer the people in the thought process of "maybe this guy can get it done!" Think about this, with all the sacks and bad lines that Carr had, he has protected the ball adequately on a bad team. Int's can definitely go down, and TD numbers can increase, but someone experiencing what he went through, you would think his numbers would be a ton worst. Look for 24 TD and 10 INt. Go Carr! Prove your hurtful fans wrong!
Old 07-07-2006   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan

Houston Texans

wheres the smiley that rolls over and over and can't stop laughing... I need that right now.
Old 07-07-2006   #5
AFD1717
Veteran

I could maybe see Moulds being overrated if you were expecting him to be a true number one WR like he has been in the past, but on our team he is perfect. We have a guy in AJ who will command lots of attention from the defense and Moulds will just have to do what he is best at - be physical, get open, and catch the ball. Plus, he can provide some veteran leadership to a young WR corps.
Old 07-07-2006   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
wheres the smiley that rolls over and over and can't stop laughing... I need that right now.
Don't forget to go
woohoo
woohoohoo
woohoo
woohoohoo
Damn that was funny. Your post, not mine.
Old 07-07-2006   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
I could maybe see Moulds being overrated if you were expecting him to be a true number one WR like he has been in the past, but on our team he is perfect. We have a guy in AJ who will command lots of attention from the defense and Moulds will just have to do what he is best at - be physical, get open, and catch the ball. Plus, he can provide some veteran leadership to a young WR corps.
STANDING OVATION!!! I couldn't agree more.
Old 07-07-2006   #8
fan no matter what
Rookie

have to agree with the poor bills QB situation last year. If you can recall when holcomb came in last year EM had his best games
fan no matter what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
I could maybe see Moulds being overrated if you were expecting him to be a true number one WR like he has been in the past, but on our team he is perfect.
Exactly--pretty silly to call a guy who has been a consistantly successful #1 overrated as a #2

Quote:
We have a guy in AJ who will command lots of attention from the defense and Moulds will just have to do what he is best at - be physical, get open, and catch the ball. Plus, he can provide some veteran leadership to a young WR corps.
This guy also overlooks the fact that Moulds is known as one of the hardest working offseason WR's and in fantastic shape. Sure slowing down due to age is a possible theory but knowing his workout habits not even the most plausible when examining the Bills as a whole. AJ, Gaffney and Bradford all saw their yards per reception go down dramatically last year--that was obviously the design and execution of the O rather than anyone slowing down due to age. Moulds similarly suffered thru a just as bad O last year with an even more unsettled QB situation.

It also appears from Carr's comments on AJ's route running that Moulds is already having a positive impact on the team without having caught pass one yet.
Old 07-07-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
STANDING OVATION!!! I couldn't agree more.
I agree as well. I think moving to another team alone has him pumped up. I mean come on he's been playing for the Bills for gosh sakes. I'm surprised he stayed there that long. Now he's got AJ, outstanding facilities and fans that think he's one of the saviors before the season even starts. Man, I'm even getting pumped!
Old 07-07-2006   #11
fan no matter what
Rookie

A-MEN

fan no matter what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
It also appears from Carr's comments on AJ's route running that Moulds is already having a positive impact on the team without having caught pass one yet.

Might also be due to it being The Big Thing for K. Shanahan. He is obsessed with precise route running, eveny time, even if the play isn't going to you. He says it is key for the offense to work (and says it is the way he was able to play in college even though he is a slow guy).
Old 07-07-2006   #13
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't really watched the guy play so i dont know. I hope he works out for you though, well atleast 14 games a year
Old 07-07-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing more than Sportsline pumping out articles to get content out to their fantasy customers in my opinion.

As a fantasy owner I will be targeting Carr and Moulds as mid to late rounds. There is value in both of them from a fantasy standpoint.
Old 07-07-2006   #15
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Thanks to all. I saw this thread when first posted and my only thought was great another carr bashing thread. I guess EM has more supports than Carr has detractors? Or are more fans starting to see the light and the fact football is a team sport. Must face it EM is a great pick-up for this team even if he does'nt catch one pass this season, he is setting a example for our young team, and "coaching" as a player. If you ask me it might be most important thing he does this year. I like it when a vet. acts like a vet. I say I now love EM as a Texan and the Underachiver rating is not fare to a class act that is EM so far.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Always good to have those guys who can make guys around them better.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Thanks to all. I saw this thread when first posted and my only thought was great another carr bashing thread. I guess EM has more supports than Carr has detractors? Or are more fans starting to see the light and the fact football is a team sport. Must face it EM is a great pick-up for this team even if he does'nt catch one pass this season, he is setting a example for our young team, and "coaching" as a player. If you ask me it might be most important thing he does this year. I like it when a vet. acts like a vet. I say I now love EM as a Texan and the Underachiver rating is not fare to a class act that is EM so far.
Umm.. I wouldn't go as far as saying that. I mean at least 80-90 receptions to go along with the mentoring aspect, right I see your point though and I concur.
Old 07-07-2006   #18
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
You have to look at the style of Offense the Bills ran. Not exactly the explosive style they were used to in the past. Also, had a rookie QB last season, and half of the year before. New Coaching also with a change in philosophy. If he gets the average he had in Buffalo, as the Texans #2, I will take that all day long. Andre is the go to guy, and his catches may be around 75-80 this season, but the yardage will show the difference. Carr will have a good year. Not great, but will start to steer the people in the thought process of "maybe this guy can get it done!" Think about this, with all the sacks and bad lines that Carr had, he has protected the ball adequately on a bad team. Int's can definitely go down, and TD numbers can increase, but someone experiencing what he went through, you would think his numbers would be a ton worst. Look for 24 TD and 10 INt. Go Carr! Prove your hurtful fans wrong!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Nothing more than Sportsline pumping out articles to get content out to their fantasy customers in my opinion.

As a fantasy owner I will be targeting Carr and Moulds as mid to late rounds. There is value in both of them from a fantasy standpoint.
Now THAT is a stand up, no BS thing to say. I applaud you
Old 07-07-2006   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
I haven't really watched the guy play so i dont know. I hope he works out for you though, well atleast 14 games a year
Yeah, we won't even bother starting him in the other two games because we'll already have clinched our division.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read