Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-07-2006   #1
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The official Titans vs. Texans 2006 Betting Thread

OK so I'm here to take bets for this upcoming season. No, not money bets, these will be "message board bets"

I predict that the Titans will have a better record in the 2006 season than the Texans. If both teams tie, then it's a draw.

If I am right, everyone who bets against me has to change their picture and signature to something of my choice (it won't be offensive but you definitely will not like it)

If I am wrong, then the same will happen to me. And since I am the only one backing the Titans, I will change my Username as well (you can vote on that).

Let the games begin.

Here is the official list (i will update it regularly):
Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo

Last edited by Titan "Tack" Fan; 07-07-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #2
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Hmmm I bet you the Texans will have a better record than the Titans, they will split the season series

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with the sweep. If we split, I lose. Name your terms of surrender. I mean....you know what I mean.
Old 07-07-2006   #4
jagibelieve
Veteran

No, leave your username the same. That way everybody knows who to laugh at.

Since I am a Jaguar fan, I guess I'll just have to have something in the sig. The avatar should be up to the Texans fans since this is their board.

I'll take the Texans of course. And trust me, you will not like your sig.

Want to predict who will win the first game between your teams? We can place another side bet.
jagibelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #5
jagibelieve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
I'm going with the sweep. If we split, I lose. Name your terms of surrender. I mean....you know what I mean.
I'll get in on the sweep bet.

Want to bet on the Jaguars vs. Texans for a sweep? Tack fans are invited to join in on this bet as well.
Old 07-07-2006   #6
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagibelieve
I'll get in on the sweep bet.

Want to bet on the Jaguars vs. Texans for a sweep? Tack fans are invited to join in on this bet as well.
Well you are going to have to come up with the results of the bet, I can't think of anything.
Old 07-07-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

trust me, I'm more than willing to get in on a piece of this action, but if it's just your avatar/sig against all ours, then it don't seem right.

But I have absolutley no fear of loosing, so I'm in.

I'm taking the Texans to sweep, and the Titans being in the AFC South Doghouse.
Old 07-07-2006   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in for the Texans sweep of the titans and a better record of course.
Old 07-07-2006   #9
jagibelieve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Sure, if we can come to agreeable stakes. I'm just not interested in betting my username/sig/avatar. I like them ... it's not about avoiding potential for embarassment, it's just I'm not interested in changing those things. I have made several message board bets in my time and kcwilson is forever the man for being the only one not reneg on his lost bet. I made four $20 bets on us not drafting Reggie Bush and he was the only one who paid up. Let me know if you're interested in going with different stakes.
That would be fine and dandy, but I'm not sure if that's within the rules on this board. Besides, and this is probably just me, but I don't bet money unless I know where it is going, as in know someone personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
trust me, I'm more than willing to get in on a piece of this action, but if it's just your avatar/sig against all ours, then it don't seem right.

But I have absolutley no fear of loosing, so I'm in.

I'm taking the Texans to sweep, and the Titans being in the AFC South Doghouse.
Bet it. I'll bet my sig against anyone that thinks the Titans will win the first matchup. If I win, I choose a picture or phrase to put in your signature. If I lose, I'll put your choice in my signature.
Old 07-07-2006   #10
real

Man...I want in on the bet......But I just cant.....I don't have that much confidence in the Texans to risk losing Earl...
Old 07-07-2006   #11
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Man...I want in on the bet......But I just cant.....I don't have that much confidence in the Texans to risk losing Earl...
And you fear what Vince maybe can do this year
Old 07-07-2006   #12
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

I bet you titan tack that the texans have a better record than the titans if i am wrong you can change my sig. and just my sig.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
Sooo.. You're saying you already lost faith in your starting QB (Volek)??? Is he not slated the start right now??
Old 07-07-2006   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
Nah...I am a VY fan, but I don't see him "beating" any teams...He may play o.k, but Im really not at the point where I'm fearing VY...
Old 07-07-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
Sooo.. You're saying you already lost faith in your starting QB (Volek)??? Is he not slated the start right now??

I'm pretty sure Vince will be starting sometime in '06........ they haven't said as much, but it looks to be almost a certainty...
Old 07-07-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I'm pretty sure Vince will be starting sometime in '06........ they haven't said as much, but it looks to be almost a certainty...
How does it almost look to be a certainty? Is that your opinion? Volek has been there long enough to learn the offense through and through and has proven he can play. VY has proven diddly.

I haven't a clue why I'm discussing the Titans. I quit
Old 07-07-2006   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

WARNING!!!

The last time a bet like this was offered, all hell broke loose on this board. This is not a good idea.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #18
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Nah...I am a VY fan, but I don't see him "beating" any teams...He may play o.k, but Im really not at the point where I'm fearing VY...
Keyword maybe. Maybe Vince will start after a couple of games and maybe he can make a huge impact.
Old 07-07-2006   #19
AFD1717
Veteran

I'm in. Texans will be .500 or better and Tenn will be at least 2 games under.
Old 07-07-2006   #20
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Put me down...I'm in.

santo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read