Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-06-2006   #1
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Demeco Ryans Signed

signing his deal according to Mark Berman on Fox 26 tonight here in houston. While one of the stories going on Mark took a call on his cell and reported it right at the end. He said the deal could be done as soon as tomorrow.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

good...he is the only one with any business thinking about holding out
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #3
AFD1717
Veteran

With all we've heard about Ryans' intelligence, I'm sure he understands how important it is to get to camp on time. He won't cry over nickles. This guy is going to be a fan favorite for years to come.
Old 07-06-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

A good and important signing for the team. As usual, the Texans seem to be lining up their drafties as fast or faster than just about any other team.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
A good and important signing for the team. As usual, the Texans seem to be lining up their drafties as fast or faster than just about any other team.
The Bears have already signed all their picks and I think we have at least two guys to go.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #6
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783

I do like how quickly we act with our players, that is, as long as we are not overpaying so quickly for our players.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #7
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
signing his deal according to Mark Berman on Fox 26 tonight here in houston. While one of the stories going on Mark took a call on his cell and reported it right at the end. He said the deal could be done as soon as tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up Steve!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2006   #8
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
This guy is going to be a fan favorite for years to come.
I like that call!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #9
HeroTime
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
The Bears have already signed all their picks and I think we have at least two guys to go.
My info has Mario as the only 1st round pick signed so far. Where you get your info from?
HeroTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #10
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTime
My info has Mario as the only 1st round pick signed so far. Where you get your info from?

I know that i saw of Fox last week sometime that Berman said that Owen Daniels and Wali Lundy had signed or were close to signing. I will try to find a link.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

They did sign. That leaves us Winston and Spencer.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTime
Da Bears didn't own a 1st round pick after a draft day trade with Buffalo. It's a little easier to get all of your picks signed when you don't have to ink a 1st rounder.
Old 07-07-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think when we see things like our team not having a problem with signing players alot of it has to be attributed to the fact our #1 pick is always signed right away.

Not to make this a Bush/Williams thread but you do see that our #1 pick has set the bar for the other picks to sign and get in.

If we got Bush he would still be holding out. This would probably mean the other agents for the other picks would want to see how much we want to spend also.
Old 07-07-2006   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I think when we see things like our team not having a problem with signing players alot of it has to be attributed to the fact our #1 pick is always signed right away.

Not to make this a Bush/Williams thread but you do see that our #1 pick has set the bar for the other picks to sign and get in.

If we got Bush he would still be holding out. This would probably mean the other agents for the other picks would want to see how much we want to spend also.
The funny thing is Bush probably won't come close to getting what Mario did. IMO, NO can't afford him. They'll probably include a goal bonus like they did Ricky Williams.
Old 07-07-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

If I were them I would really be concerned about that hamstring. Seems like that could be a reoccuring issue.

To not make this a bush thread though. I just think that not only did they get signable player but 3 out of the six could've gone in the first round.
Old 07-07-2006   #16
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Great news that Demeco is close to signing. Thanks for the info. Now that teams are starting to get draft picks signed I can't help but be pleased that we passed on Bush. Now don't read anything in to the statement. I'll be the first to admit that on that friday night while listening to sports radio I heard the news Mario was signed I was sooooooo mad.(I like everyone though Bush was the real deal) Now we have had months to break it down and discuss it I am convinced Kubs did the right thing taking Mario.(Though it will take years to convice some people) Now NO has a real problem and we don't. With all the changes taking place in the Texans org. a draft hold out (by your first rounder) would only be a distraction this club does not need to deal with.We get to go into TC with one think on the players mind WINNING learning Kubs sys. and compeating in every game. Man I can't wait for the season to begin. Thanks again for the info please post when the ink hits the paper.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #17
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Bush would have been signed by now if we took him at #1, they were supposed to be very close to a deal with him and about ready to sign him but they decided Mario was the guy they wanted more so they completed negotiations with him and signed him.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #18
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Bush would have been signed by now if we took him at #1, they were supposed to be very close to a deal with him and about ready to sign him but they decided Mario was the guy they wanted more so they completed negotiations with him and signed him.
Believe nothing what you hear and only half of what you see.

If you believe they were close to signing Reggie, you probably believe Casserly left on his own. Do you think an owner of a team is going to say a guy wants too much money and hurt his chances in the draft and in negotiations? I think not, that is just bad business practice.

It's like an interview for job, there are white lies all over the place or just simply putting the spin on it by really saying nothing at.

Another rule, particularly here in Hollywood, perception is everything, reality is nothing.
Old 07-07-2006   #19
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52757 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Great news that Demeco is close to signing. Thanks for the info. Now that teams are starting to get draft picks signed I can't help but be pleased that we passed on Bush. Now don't read anything in to the statement. I'll be the first to admit that on that friday night while listening to sports radio I heard the news Mario was signed I was sooooooo mad.(I like everyone though Bush was the real deal) Now we have had months to break it down and discuss it I am convinced Kubs did the right thing taking Mario.(Though it will take years to convice some people) Now NO has a real problem and we don't. With all the changes taking place in the Texans org. a draft hold out (by your first rounder) would only be a distraction this club does not need to deal with.We get to go into TC with one think on the players mind WINNING learning Kubs sys. and compeating in every game. Man I can't wait for the season to begin. Thanks again for the info please post when the ink hits the paper.
Bush would have been signed by Saturday morning if we had chosen him. We were very close on numbers 3 days before. the Texans were the ones who broke off negiotions, and signability had zero to do with us taking Mario. I still think Bush was the right choice but time will tell.
Old 07-07-2006   #20
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
Bush would have been signed by Saturday morning if we had chosen him. We were very close on numbers 3 days before. the Texans were the ones who broke off negiotions, and signability had zero to do with us taking Mario. I still think Bush was the right choice but time will tell.
I totally disagree. I think McNair didn't pick Bush for three reasons:

1. NCAA investigation, which has been very quiet. But this thing is going to heat up and get ugly in the next couple of months.

2. Couldn't get him signed - This is obvious. Never in Bush's career will he have leverage to negotiate a contract like he does now. James and Alexander went through many years in the league and being Franchised before they got a contract of $50 million plus. If Reggie doesn't live up to expectations, he will be taking a pay cut after his rookie contract. That is how the running back position is valued. On the other hand, Carr can play average the next three years and he will get a pay increase, go figure. QBs are harder to find and replace. RBs are a dime a dozen and you only need a 1,000 yard back or so to be competitive and can spend big money in other areas, say like defensive end.

3. We didn't need another RB - Reggie has amazing talent, but it isn't required to win a Super Bowl and there are other positions more difficult to fill, and likewise more expensive. Examples, left tackle, defensive end, quarterback, and I would also say a hard hitting safety that can play like a linebacker too.

Obvisously, McNair is never going to discuss items 1 and 2. That would be bad business etiquette and bad mouthing Bush.

Bush will not be signed by training camp, that is my prediction and I said it before the draft. There is three weeks left before training camp. I have tried to find updates, can someone please provide a link on Reggie's contract status.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read