Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: When will the Texans make their first playoffs?
2006 24 18.75%
2007 69 53.91%
2008 26 20.31%
2009 4 3.13%
2010 1 0.78%
2011 4 3.13%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2006   #1
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Realistically, when will Houston make the playoffs?

Realistically speaking and knowing how good the Colts are, when do you guys honestly believe you will make your first playoffs?

I think we (the Titans) will make definitely in '08, but maybe '07. So my answer would be '08 for the Titans. I picked '09 for you guys because Peyton Will be old then and you will have your QB questions resolved by then.
Old 07-06-2006   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Realistically, when will Houston make the playoffs?
Before Tennessee does.
Old 07-06-2006   #3
Theoridic
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Theoridic

This year. I always beleive that we can make it. Our team is always the best in our eyes "Until the season starts" I always have faith that they will surprise everyone.
Theoridic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

'08 - '09
Old 07-06-2006   #5
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked this year too.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Before Tennessee does.
Ha! Good one! I second that.
Old 07-06-2006   #7
real

Though it is possible in '06 I think we will be a legit playoff team by '07...so thats what I went with
Sponsored links
Old 07-06-2006   #8
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Houston makes the playoffs before the Titans I will change my username to "Titans Suck" with a picture of myself in a Texans uniform burning my signed Keith Bulluck jersey.

(just to clarify, I'm not saying I will become a Texans fan, I'm saying it's not going to happen)
Old 07-06-2006   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a three year deal.

For it to happen sooner, two things need to happen:

1. Carr plays amazing
2. The defense has the rumble of an M1A1 and the firepower to back it up
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
If Houston makes the playoffs before the Titans I will change my username to "Titans Suck" with a picture of myself in a Texans uniform burning my signed Keith Bulluck jersey.

(just to clarify, I'm not saying I will become a Texans fan, I'm saying it's not going to happen)
Only time will tell my friend.

Instead of burning that jersey you can go ahead and send it to me. I should be able to get something off e-bay for it.
Old 07-06-2006   #11
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
Only time will tell my friend.

Instead of burning that jersey you can go ahead and send it to me. I should be able to get something off e-bay for it.
I might sound like a "troll" on here sometimes but in all honesty I'd like to see the Titans and Houston on top of the AFC south. I'm tired of Pay-Me-A-Ton Manning. But you guys have got to realize that not only are we in the AFC, we have to play the Colts twice a year.

I'm sorry, but neither the Titans or Texans are making the playoffs next year. If you think you are making the playoffs next year then tell me which 10 games you are going to win (yes 10 games, KC didn't make it last year at 9-7)

Realistically the Titans will go 6-10 this year.
Old 07-06-2006   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
I might sound like a "troll" on here sometimes but in all honesty I'd like to see the Titans and Houston on top of the AFC south. I'm tired of Pay-Me-A-Ton Manning. But you guys have got to realize that not only are we in the AFC, we have to play the Colts twice a year.

I'm sorry, but neither the Titans or Texans are making the playoffs next year. If you think you are making the playoffs next year then tell me which 10 games you are going to win (yes 10 games, KC didn't make it last year at 9-7)

Realistically the Titans will go 6-10 this year.
In all reality I voted 08 we'd get in the playoffs. I was just messin with ya. I'm also one of the ones hoping for a .500 season this year. As far as being a troll, personaly I have yet to see anything close to trollish from anyone on this MB. That is why I finally joined. It's good to have other teams fans posting here.IMO

I totally agree with you on Pee-a-ton.
Old 07-06-2006   #13
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
In all reality I voted 08 we'd get in the playoffs. I was just messin with ya. I'm also one of the ones hoping for a .500 season this year. As far as being a troll, personaly I have yet to see anything close to trollish from anyone on this MB. That is why I finally joined. It's good to have other teams fans posting here.IMO

I totally agree with you on Pee-a-ton.

I love DeMeco Ryans. Although I am partial to SEC athletes ... nothing is better than the SEC. The SEC dominates in football, baseball, women's basketball, and now Men's Basketball!! (1/2 of the Final Four teams!!)
Old 07-06-2006   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I only know 8 of the games on next years schedule, but I think we go 6-2 in them. One loss apiece to Jax and Indy. Thumbtacks will STILL be sucking then. I'll lay money on beating at least half of the other 8 teams we face.
10-6 and playoff bound in '07 baby!!!! Unless we do it this year. Then next year will be 12-4 and a division crown!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2006   #15
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

2008. Though I hate to say "will." One key injury can have a big impact on the win column. Two or more key injuries can derail an entire season. Even barring injuries, there is tremendous parity in the NFL right now, and a 16-game schedule means very little room for mistakes. Maybe the question should read "realistically, when will Houston genuinely compete for the playoffs?"
Old 07-06-2006   #16
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
I only know 8 of the games on next years schedule, but I think we go 6-2 in them. One loss apiece to Jax and Indy. Thumbtacks will STILL be sucking then. I'll lay money on beating at least half of the other 8 teams we face.
10-6 and playoff bound in '07 baby!!!! Unless we do it this year. Then next year will be 12-4 and a division crown!!!!!!
Are you kidding? You think you will beat the Colts? ... I don't even know what to say to that. ... Hold on ... he's kidding right?
Old 07-06-2006   #17
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Yes we will beat the colts, We'll sweep them, and split with Tenn and Jax.
Old 07-06-2006   #18
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Are you kidding? You think you will beat the Colts? ... I don't even know what to say to that. ... Hold on ... he's kidding right?
Dunno. Personally, I don't see us beating the Colts until 07 ... probably closer to 08. I think we will compete beginning this year, but we're not going to beat them just yet. But there's a lot of variables until then. I am viewing it strictly through the concept of, how long will it take us to (a) gel, (b) get used to playing to win, and demand that kind of consistent performance out of ourselves. Personnel wise, we've covered a tremendous amount of ground this offseason. But none of that adds up to a cohesive, injury-free team unit -- yet. Remembering, though, that the Colts did lose Edg and, IMO, are quite mortal against good defensive playcalling. There's nothing that amazing about the Steelers D; they just play hardnosed and come at Manning from all angles.
Old 07-06-2006   #19
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Yes we will beat the colts, We'll sweep them, and split with Tenn and Jax.
Oh ok i get it, you're either taking a nap and somehow dreaming while typing or it's opposite day.
Old 07-06-2006   #20
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

No, I'm sick of people veiwing the colts as unbeatable, they are human just like any other team in the NFL. They are a very solid football team, but they are either at the point of reaching their peak potential or have already reached it and are on the decline. For one thing they have been very fortunate to avoid a major epidemic of the injury bug, which could unfortunatly happen to any team, no I am not wishing it on them or any other team just stating how fortunate the colts have been in this area. The Colts players breathe, eat, sleep, and make mistakes like all people do, they are NOT invincible.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read