Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 07-05-2006   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who had the best draft?

So, we're in July, Training Camp is coming up.

Who do you think had the best draft class this year?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

apart from our own- which would be top 3...i like arizonas, pats eventhough i can only remember maroney and jackson, sf
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

philly
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #4
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

'They' say it usually takes 3 to 4 years to really judge a team's draft class. Now it's 3 to 4 months?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
'They' say it usually takes 3 to 4 years to really judge a team's draft class. Now it's 3 to 4 months?
Well you can give an opinion as of now.
Old 07-05-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Huge Huge Huge...we are not working in dog years on this messageboard here
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #7
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Top 5 drafts IMO (In no particular order)
49ers
Eagles
Texans
Packers
Cardinals
who do you guys think had the worst draft? I think Chicago's wasn't very good along with the Bills.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-05-2006   #8
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I would say the Cardinals probably had the best draft, at least how things look right now. The Texans are a close 2nd then 3rd would probably be the Packers. I think the Browns, Rams, and Ravens also had quite solid drafts top to bottom. Many other teams had a couple solid picks at the top of the draft (anyone picked in the top 2 rounds should be a solid player) but didn't impress me much with their mid-late round picks.

Last edited by MorKnolle; 07-05-2006 at 10:38 PM.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #9
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Pats,Texans,Cardinals,Eagles in no paticular order
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I might get blasted but it wouldnt be the first time.

I think the J-E-T-S had a great draft. They picked up DBrick, Mangold, plus a QB of the future in the second round.

I also think The Flaming Thumtacks did great. They picked up Vince Young and what some people considered to be a potentially better Pro USC RB then reggie. Even if you don't like them, you have to admit they did very well.

I also think the Niners, Cardinals, and Texans(especially with DeMeco!) had very good drafts.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bills easily had the worst draft at this point. Pitts draft pick isn't looking too great either though right now.
Old 07-06-2006   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
I might get blasted but it wouldnt be the first time.

I think the J-E-T-S had a great draft. They picked up DBrick, Mangold, plus a QB of the future in the second round.

I also think The Flaming Thumtacks did great. They picked up Vince Young and what some people considered to be a potentially better Pro USC RB then reggie. Even if you don't like them, you have to admit they did very well.

I also think the Niners, Cardinals, and Texans(especially with DeMeco!) had very good drafts.
Agreed: Always a brick fan. If the reports are true made a move for tinkerbell butt, and got the best LT prospect off the board in a very long time instead. Followed up with the highest rated center in a while. They are set up to cherry pick the RBs next draft. That line should be barreling by '07. All of mine are already posted, no sence in repeating...Liked what Dallas did also. Picking up Rod Wight in the seveneth was very shrewd of Sabin. IR the guy this season. End up with second round tallent for a seventh round pick in '07. Pretty dang smart.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole
Well you can give an opinion as of now.
Fair enough...

Dallas had the best draft...and it's not even close.

1st Round - Bobby Carpenter - Will become the next Chris Spielman.
2nd Round - Anthony Fasano - Mark Bavarro clone...only better.
3rd Round - Jason Hatcher - Leon Lett...without the drug problems.
4th Round - Skylar Green - Dante Hall wishes he could be as good returning kicks.
5th Round - Pat Watkins - Merton Hanks...on steroids.
6th Round - Montavious Stanley - Best DT in the draft because his first name is so long.
7th Round - Pat McQuistion - He's Irish...that's got to account for something good.
7th Round - EJ Whitley - He did a lot of pass protecting at Tech...that'll help us a ton.

Crazy am I? Prove to me those player won't/will bust.
Old 07-06-2006   #14
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans .... and if you disagree then you didn't watch college sports last year

LenDale: 1300 yards, 24 TDs (most in NCAA)
Vince: 6th best winning percentage in NCAA history (.938)
Can't argue with that..................

Last edited by Titan "Tack" Fan; 07-06-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #15
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fair enough...

4th Round - Skylar Green - Dante Hall wishes he could be as good returning kicks.
6th Round - Montavious Stanley - Best DT in the draft because his first name is so long.
7th Round - Pat McQuistion - He's Irish...that's got to account for something good.
7th Round - EJ Whitley - He did a lot of pass protecting at Tech...that'll help us a ton.

Skyler Green is amazing. I went to LSU and got to see him in person. The guy always makes atleast two people miss when returning kicks. He's also a good receiver. I can see him becoming a Steve Smith type.
Old 07-06-2006   #16
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
The Titans .... and if you disagree then you didn't watch college sports last year

Vince: 6th most passing yards in NCAA history

I view the Titans draft as a boom or bust. They could have the best draft based on potential, or one of the worst. Can Young adapt well the the NFL game? Can he learn a Norm Chow offense? Is White's health going to be a factor short-term or long-term? They definitely swung for the fences with these two selections.
Old 07-06-2006   #17
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I view the Titans draft as a boom or bust. They could have the best draft based on potential, or one of the worst. Can Young adapt well the the NFL game? Can he learn a Norm Chow offense? Is White's health going to be a factor short-term or long-term? They definitely swung for the fences with these two selections.
I agree, but if you think about it the only real way you can judge a draft is by how the player played in college. And if you go by that, we had the best draft of any team. It's when people start to factor in "well maybe they won't work out" ... ANY player can not adapt to the NFL well. Mario Williams could be the next Courtney Brown ... who knows? That's why you've got to go on what they did in college.
Old 07-06-2006   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

I've got to go with the Jets in my Top 5....They got the two best offensive lineman in my opinion.
Old 07-06-2006   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Fair enough...

I think Pat Watkins is a greeeeat pick up in the 5th...and Skylar Green is another greeeeat value pick in the 4th. I dont really like their 2nd and 3rd rounders, and im not too high on Carpenter.
Old 07-06-2006   #20
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan

Vince: 6th most passing yards in NCAA history

Actually, I can (argue with that)...

Vince Young - 6th most passing yards in NCAA history? You sure about that?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read