Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-03-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I wonder if Babin, Peek, Orr, Cowart, Ryans, etc. can do this....

Mods, if I posted this in the wrong forum, please move it for me....thanks.

----------------------------------------------

Cowboys | Ware working to take his game to a new level
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:55:06 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Dallas Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware, who registered eight sacks during his rookie season in 2005, has been working in the offseason to add new dimensions to his game. Ware took karate classes and studied film of successful pass rushers like Indianapolis Colts DL Dwight Freeney to learn how to use his hands more effectively. In addition to that, Ware has also worked on recognizing when he needs to drop into coverage instead of rushing the passer, a skill that he lacked last year. If he is able to master his new moves before the season starts, he may be able to avoid the inconsistency he dealt with in 2005.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life
Mods, if I posted this in the wrong forum, please move it for me....thanks.

----------------------------------------------

Cowboys | Ware working to take his game to a new level
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:55:06 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Dallas Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware, who registered eight sacks during his rookie season in 2005, has been working in the offseason to add new dimensions to his game. Ware took karate classes and studied film of successful pass rushers like Indianapolis Colts DL Dwight Freeney to learn how to use his hands more effectively. In addition to that, Ware has also worked on recognizing when he needs to drop into coverage instead of rushing the passer, a skill that he lacked last year. If he is able to master his new moves before the season starts, he may be able to avoid the inconsistency he dealt with in 2005.

Lol, sounds like his agent talking through him on that one.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #3
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Leave it to a Cowboy to learn karate when everyone knows Brazilian jiu-jitsu is where it's at.
Old 07-03-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I think all O and D linemen should learn tai chi. For serious.
Old 07-03-2006   #5
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Leave it to a Cowboy to learn karate when everyone knows Brazilian jiu-jitsu is where it's at.
Amen!!! Been doing jiujitsu for 4 and half years love it!!! Jiujitsu shows you how to use leverage.
Old 07-03-2006   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Randy White used martial arts training in helping him be a D lineman and all I know is he's a HOF'er.

Hey whatever gives you an edge. And that obviously does with some guys. Makes sense to me.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #7
Buzz
Veteran

Anything that teaches you leverage is a good idea, but you can only do so much without getting penalized for it.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I read somewhere that Babin took classes to be a Navy Seal, I swear, I heard them talk about it the year we drafted him.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #9
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Cowart? You mean Sam Cowart?
I'm surprised that guy can even walk.

How is he not retired?
Old 07-03-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Cowart? You mean Sam Cowart?
I'm surprised that guy can even walk.

How is he not retired?
Plastics and modern medicine.
Old 07-05-2006   #11
marroncito
Rookie

In a similar vein, Jonathan Vilma was a semi-pro tennis player. This has helped him develop sick lateral speed that makes him a top LB. It's always interesting to see where the next edge will come from. Back in the day it was ballet.
marroncito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

So, Ware is watching film. You think he is the only one?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read