Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-01-2006   #1
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Projected Offensive Lineup

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=116&p=2&c=543701

Quote:
The Texans have done what they needed to do on the offensive side of the ball. With veteran additions to the team like WR Eric Moulds and C Mike Flanagan, and several promising rookies, the Texans have no more excuses to not put the points on the board.
Old 07-01-2006   #2
jmerog
Veteran

the report kept discribing Putzier as a blocking tight end. I thought pass catching was Putz's main strength.
Old 07-01-2006   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerog
I thought pass catching was Putz's main strength.
It is.

We certainly didn't sign Putz for his blocking skills - which are average at best. We signed Putz because he has decent hands, is a downfield threat, and knows the offense as well as Kubiak and Calhoun. He's like having another coach on the field. Over 70% of his catches last year were for first downs and his yards per catch is impressive.

Another reason we were able to sign Putz is because the Broncos think Stephen Alexander is a more complete TE. They let Putz walk so they wouldn't have to pay him a $1.5 million option.

Last edited by aj.; 07-01-2006 at 03:59 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178129 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Just goes to show how much research these jokers do before they right their story . Half the people writing these things havent a clue .... there are very few sports writers i have respect for .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #5
AFD1717
Veteran

We have to find him a better nickname than "Putz." How about JP?
Old 07-01-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll stop calling Putzier 'Putz' when others stop calling Kubiak 'Kubes.' That sounds too much like one of those wimpy baseball clubhouse nicknames.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #7
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, if you go with initials, we could call them JP and GK or Coach K.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans have done what they needed to do on the offensive side of the ball. With veteran additions to the team like WR Eric Moulds and C Mike Flanagan, and several promising rookies, the Texans have no more excuses to not put the points on the board.
I understand our offense is improved, but I hope the media doesn't have unrealisitc expectations in our first season under a new regime and with new starting players. I expect to see improvement by at least midway into the season, but I don't expect anything Indy like from our offense, not this season anyway...
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I understand our offense is improved, but I hope the media doesn't have unrealisitc expectations in our first season under a new regime and with new starting players. I expect to see improvement by at least midway into the season, but I don't expect anything Indy like from our offense, not this season anyway...
The difference between our offense and Indy's last year was so great that we could have drastic improvement and still not be anywhere near the Indy offense's smooth coordination and effectiveness. I would consider a "drastic" improvement such as that realistic. I can't define what I mean by that type of improvement in hard numbers, but we'll know it if we see it.
Old 07-02-2006   #10
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan
OK, if you go with initials, we could call them JP and GK or Coach K.
I kind of like "Kubes" but I'm open to change. I don't like GK and Coach K coaches at Duke. Any other ideas?
Old 07-02-2006   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195032 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I've referred to him in posts as Kub for simplicity. Could look at this as short for his never give up approach: Keep Up the Battle
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006   #12
BlueThunder
Veteran

I expect instant improvement on our offense.If we don't get that then we have changes that need to be made.I really think Kub should be picking up more WC players to get everything off faster but he did add a WRs coach and that is the area that can hurt a team most changing systems.He added his pivot and TE that can be our blue collar lunch pale type in his scheme.I am really starting to get a picture of where he's going and I like the nuclius of what he is putting together.He added THAT big brusing FB too.

I don't see why is everyone talking about how much better the Colts offense is then ours but what we should be looking at is our offense compared to the Colts defense.

Every offense looks better with the defense we put on the field last year.Even our offense looked good against our defense..Colts defense #15 run defense #16 pass defense

There are going to be KEYs to help this year if we take advantage of other teams weakness.

Our offense don't have to be better then the team were playing if there defense can't stop us..

No Mercy!

Our only goal on offense is consistant drives that score points,,..

Last edited by BlueThunder; 07-02-2006 at 01:45 PM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Kubes!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006   #14
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
I've referred to him in posts as Kub for simplicity. Could look at this as short for his never give up approach: Keep Up the Battle
Sold!
Old 07-02-2006   #15
BlueThunder
Veteran

LIVE OR DIE WERE ALL GOING TO BE HERO'S

SUPERBOWL!

50 TO .000000001

I can't think of a better cause...

Last edited by BlueThunder; 07-02-2006 at 08:36 PM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #16
DenverBorn
Veteran

Reading that our starting OL will include Wand, Pitts, McKinney and Weigert just makes me want to throw up. Are you kdding me? We've been there, done that. Say all you want about Moulds, Putzier, etc - we have NOT improved the OL again this year.
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn
Reading that our starting OL will include Wand, Pitts, McKinney and Weigert just makes me want to throw up. Are you kdding me? We've been there, done that. Say all you want about Moulds, Putzier, etc - we have NOT improved the OL again this year.
Looks good to me as those appear to be their natural positions. Putting players in a position to fail was a cornerstone of the Capers/Pendry/Fangio regime.
Old 07-03-2006   #18
done88
Veteran

The same site hasa this for the projected lineup for defense.
http://texans.scout.com/2/543257.html

it has Weaver on the left end and TJ starting inside. Does anyone think this is correct. What do you guys think?
Old 07-03-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 109743 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by done88
The same site hasa this for the projected lineup for defense.
http://texans.scout.com/2/543257.html

it has Weaver on the left end and TJ starting inside. Does anyone think this is correct. What do you guys think?
No, I don't think so. From what I've gathered Weaver will be inside. I think both TJ and Smith will be 2nd team with Smith being in the rotation more than TJ. Unless TJ come in and has an excellent TC. So far it looks like this;

1st team: Babin, Payne, Weaver, Mario
Old 07-03-2006   #20
done88
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn
The center is the back bone of the line. Adding Flangin an experienced vet at the center postion over a vet guard playing center and not very well. Mckinney had no confidence at the poition and it affected the entire line. He was a great guard and it's good to have himm bcak there again. Flangin is poised and ready to play the center position. That alone improves the line. Secondly Sherman is a dedicated O-line coach. This is also a big improvement over sticking people in that position witout the experience. The O-line coach has beeen a revolving door for assistant head coachs to ex reciever coacs. Sherman was an O-line coach in the begining and that is his passion. Yet another upgrade at the position. Finally the depth created with Spencer, Winston, and Hdgdon means if someone goes down we will not have to shift the entire line al la last year when Hodgdon got hurt and Mckinney moved back to center. Yet another improvement. The line has played musical chairs too long. The line will be greatly improved this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read