Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Something else I don't like...

valleytexfan

Veteran
A bunch of people thinking the Cowgirls are going to "slaughter" the Texans this year....All I tell them is 19-10 baby...at the VERY LEAST the Texans will give them a run for their money...thoughts guys and gals?

We beat them then and we will beat them again. I really dont see dallas going anywhere this yr. TO is eventually gonna send them crashing just like in philly. DALLAS SUX!!!:twocents:

All I can tell the cowgirls is that, if you mess with the bull, you get the horn.
Texans 34
Cowboys 12 (on 4 fieldgoals)

I'm sure they won't slaughter us, but Texas Stadium can get pretty intense sometimes, so you never know how much that will help the Cowboys. I think the line will get plenty of pressure on Bledsoe and that will cause our secondary to get plenty of picks, seeing as he's prone to making bad passes sometimes.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the game where T.O. starts turning on the team.

The Big Tuna isn't prepared for the B/S that T.O. is going to dish out. He will take the team down. And, blame them for all of his mis-fortunes.
Texans....34
Cowgirls.. 14.
Nuff said.

If there line is in question as much as I hear Bledsoe may not make it to week 6. That means we will get to pick on henson or romo. Oh what fun that will be!!!!

:fireball: Romo/Henson

I'm a Cowboys fans when the Texans aren't playing them. Was a Cowboy fan growing up (didn't live in Houston then so I didn't follow the Oilers) so I'm not going to stop rooting for them now because the Texans are in the same state. I don't think T.O. is going to harm the Cowboys this year. He'll stay in line for at least one season like he did in Philly.

Anyway, that's my pro-Cowboy talk. The Texans definately have the talent to match up with them. The only concern, looking at it before training camp even starts, is the secondary. Do we have the guys able to match up with TO and Terry Glenn? There's not a lot of other positions where I would take the Cowboys players over the Texans? Drew Bledsoe over David Carr? Meh. Glenn and Owens over Moulds and AJ? Probably even. Maybe it'll come down to the offensive line. The Texans have a newer (and hopefully better) coaching staff and the addition of Flanagan as a veteran. The Cowboys had a bad O-line last year but they have Marco Rivera on the line. It should be a good game.

IMO a big factor on this game will be the fact that we our coming off our bye-week so Kub has two weeks to prepare for the Tuna. Also the cowgirls are coming off of their week five loss to Phily in Phily(T.O. will have a hard time getting the booos out of his head)and dallas will also be looking ahead to their monday night game with the Giants. Kub. know the importance of this game to TEXAS braging rights he will have the team ready. If the only win we get this year is aginst dallas it's a winning season.LOL Just kidding I believe we have a .500 team IMO. To many changes in the team to see better than 8 wins this year, takes time for players to jell with each other.Final prediction in the TEXANS/cowgirl game 31/10 Houston outplays dallas in every stat. kept by the NFL and all thoes stat. made up by us on this MB. TEXANS football I can't wait.

Everyone thought they were going to slaughter us before September 8th 2002 also and ask any Cowboys fan how that worked out (only if you really want to tick them off.) I think the problem for the Cowboys is still the same, back then we were a brand new team without enough sense to realize that they were probably a better team than us and that we should have lost that game. Now, we have a new coaching staff and scheme, and several major changes in the rosters and lineup. Not to mention a new attitude and tons of optimism from the players and fans. I think if we can win 2 of 4 at least to start the season, we will beat the Cowboys. Just my :twocents:

IMHO I think was sent by Philly to torpedo the Cowboys this year. TO will find a way to irritate the Tuna and get kicked off the team. Getting back to the game. Bledsoe should be banged up by then and Carr should be well reseted and prepared. My X-factor for the game is DD. If he gains yards as advertised in this offense and the D can prevent the Cowboys from scoring on 3 out of 4 possessions through the 3rd quarter, then I think the Texans will win.

Julius Jones is the guy that concerns me the most. The D has to slow him down. The way to slow him down is to have the Texans offense up by 10 or more at the end of the 3rd quarter. Forcing the Cowboys to throw more. I think our defense can take over from there, but I would not want the Texan's offense to stop playing of course.

valleytexfan said:
A bunch of people thinking the Cowgirls are going to "slaughter" the Texans this year....All I tell them is 19-10 baby...at the VERY LEAST the Texans will give them a run for their money...thoughts guys and gals?

Capers was in charge back in that first game. Different coach, much different result.

Hold'em up......this is game 4 we still have to play game one.This season is all about one game at a time..:logo:

Besides that you already have us up by 12 and the ground game out of the picture..Lets just say it close and we give up ranking,,,are we going to give up or wait for balance to come back to our favor in December when we need a lift and our bench is fresh..?

BlueThunder said:
Hold'em up......this is game 4 we still have to play game one.This season is all about one game at a time..:logo:

Besides that you already have us up by 12 and the ground game out of the picture..Lets just say it close and we give up ranking,,,are we going to give up or wait for balance to come back to our favor in December when we need a lift and our bench is fresh..?

I don't comprehend what you are saying here but apparently you don't understand the situation. If our record ended up 15-1, our only loss having been to the boys, and we proceed to win the super bowl, a lot of Texan fans would still be seriously pizzed off. Me included..:D

I think its safe to say that most Texan fans really, really, actually do not like the boys, not one little bit.

First game, last game, pre-season game, scrimmage, they remain the primary target.

After 19-10 I thoroughly enjoyed serving up the crow for my bandwagon cowboy friends.:neener:

At my age it was better than .......well.....almost.

:coffee:

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I have a history of having deja-vu, more than a few times that I can remember I will dream about something and within a few months it will actually happen. I work nights, so it was Friday morning when I crashed out, but not long before my wife woke me up for work I had a dream. It was the Texans and Cowboys, we we're leading 9-6 with about 3:30 left in the fourth, and we had posession. I remember Dallas trying to hold us to a punt of field goal (so they could still win with a TD).
Carr hit Mathis on a short slant from Dallas' 35 and Jerome took it to the house. We won 16-6. I can't guaratee anything, just thought it was interesting. Oh, and I'm not some crazy guy who thinks he can see the future or anything, I really don't believe in that stuff, I've just had the deja-vu thing happen to me enough that it's worth mentioning.

TheCD said:
I'm sure they won't slaughter us, but Texas Stadium can get pretty intense sometimes, so you never know how much that will help the Cowboys. I think the line will get plenty of pressure on Bledsoe and that will cause our secondary to get plenty of picks, seeing as he's prone to making bad passes sometimes.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the game where T.O. starts turning on the team.

I wonder if T.O. can play with a broken mouth?

BlueThunder said:

Actually it's game 6, and we are talking about the Cowboys!!!!! You know our in state rival? You know, the team we all despise? WE can overlook as many teams as we want because we are the fans not the players. So I think it is just fine for the fans to talk about whatever game we want. And could you clear up the rest of your post, it doesn't seem to make much sense.

cc brown is gonna smash T.O., concussing him severely, as dunta robinson scoops up the fumble and returns it 30+ yards for a TD. I'm calling it now.

PowerfulDragon said:
cc brown is gonna smash T.O., concussing him severely, as dunta robinson scoops up the fumble and returns it 30+ yards for a TD. I'm calling it now.
That would be nice. I think the Texans will win by around a touchdown.

Back