Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who's to blame? for Texans woes
Casserly 18 26.87%
Capers 42 62.69%
Bud Amams 1 1.49%
Bad Luck 6 8.96%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2006   #1
BroussardSaint
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to BroussardSaint
Default Who's to blame?

Who do you blame for the Texans Woes since they been in the League?
BroussardSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not voting till you put Carr in this poll

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #3
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
why do u blame carr for the teams dissapointing season???? u can't espect much from him when he only has like 1.3 sec to pass the ball b4 he gets sacked.....
Old 07-01-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say it's Bud Adams fault. Everything is his fault anyway.

My second choice, of course, would be Capers. I should be more specific, though, and say that Fangio and Pendry were the ones who actually blew chunks with this franchise. Capers is just the dummy who let them do it.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #5
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

I voted for capers, because he was supposed to be a defensive guru and he went and had us be the team ranked 31st in sacks...doesnt sound like a defensive team to me.

I dont think that is Charly Casserly's fault because as soon as Capers left he redeemed himself (a little bit) by signing Eric Moulds and helped sign better coaches.
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
I dont think that is Charly Casserly's fault because as soon as Capers left he redeemed himself (a little bit) by signing Eric Moulds and helped sign better coaches.
And by picking Reggie...wait...never mind
Old 07-01-2006   #7
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881

U think we shoulda gone with reggie?
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
U think we shoulda gone with reggie?
I do, but I'm fine with Mario now also, and both will turn out to be great players.
Old 07-01-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I personaly think things happen for a reason................So I guess bad luck if you want to call it that.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
YEA he sucks and were all going to see it this year right?

The worst QB in the NFL.
Old 07-01-2006   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

There should be a "Combination of everything" option
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #12
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
I personaly think things happen for a reason................So I guess bad luck if you want to call it that.
If our season wasn't so bad last year we'd still have Capers as Coach.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian
If our season wasn't so bad last year we'd still have Capers as Coach.
And thats right on with what think.
Old 07-01-2006   #14
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

The players.

Always.
Old 07-02-2006   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz
why do u blame carr for the teams dissapointing season???? u can't espect much from him when he only has like 1.3 sec to pass the ball b4 he gets sacked.....
I dont expect much from him anyway. He is a miserable quarterback, and the team wont advance until he is gone.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006   #16
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
I dont expect much from him anyway. He is a miserable quarterback, and the team wont advance until he is gone.
still i totally disagree, carr is a good QB and with KB to guide him along i just can't wait to see how he plays.....
Old 07-02-2006   #17
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
If your going to throw Carr under the bus for having a bad year, then you might as well blame the rest of the team because everyone had a subpar year . . .
Old 07-02-2006   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Put down the ESPN Draft Analysis and step away from the keyboard!!!
I gotta go with Capers. I'm not sure of the division of powers in the draft/FA areas of the team. Did Capers hold a gun to CC's head? Did CC have absolute authority or did he get the guys Capers said he wanted? All indicators from the new staff point to poor coaching, so....
Maybe some of you guys can answer a question. Since this new staff has taken over, they seem really happy with most of the players and are pretty open (and un-PC) about it. Is that normal? Seems like I remember incoming coaches being rather PC about their predecessors and not being critical towards them at all.
Old 07-02-2006   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Simply put they are an expansion team . Typically expansion teams are bad for a few years , sometimes a decade or more before they put all the pieces together .

These teams not only lack talent in their starters but have very little depth and the depth they do have tends to be inferior.

Add in the fact the Texans had a poor offensive scheme and their defensive scheme needed rocket scientists instead of football players and what you get is a consistantly sub .500 record.

It takes time to build a winner , have a little patience .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006   #20
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are such a hater.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read