Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-30-2006   #1
Doom Capers
Veteran

Default espn.com/nfl front page

Sherman is on the front page of the NFL part of espn.com It talks about the line a little bit.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

• Mike Sherman (Houston): The former Green Bay sideline boss is getting back to his coaching roots and, along with assistant John Benton, could field a unit with new starters at all five positions. Then again, given that the Texans surrendered an average of 57.3 sacks in the first four seasons of their existence, with two years in which the line permitted 65 sacks or more, maybe that isn't such a bad thing. Sherman lobbied to bring in former Packers starting center Flanagan to aid in the wholesale overhaul, and that will help, but the key will be who wins the left tackle job. The candidates are three-year veteran Seth Wand, who flopped in the starting role two years ago, and a pair of rookies, Charles Spencer and Eric Winston. Last year's starting left tackle, Chester Pitts, will move back inside to his natural position of left guard. Former center Steve McKinney switches to right guard and Zach Wiegert and last year's starter, Todd Wade, will vie for the right tackle spot
Old 06-30-2006   #3
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
"By definition, any offensive line coach is working with the poorest athletes on your football team.
And I thought I was being mean by calling them fat.
Old 06-30-2006   #4
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mike Sherman.........

Over on ESPN.com right now, new article on Line Coaches................

Quote:
• Mike Sherman (Houston): The former Green Bay sideline boss is getting back to his coaching roots and, along with assistant John Benton, could field a unit with new starters at all five positions. Then again, given that the Texans surrendered an average of 57.3 sacks in the first four seasons of their existence, with two years in which the line permitted 65 sacks or more, maybe that isn't such a bad thing. Sherman lobbied to bring in former Packers starting center Flanagan to aid in the wholesale overhaul, and that will help, but the key will be who wins the left tackle job. The candidates are three-year veteran Seth Wand, who flopped in the starting role two years ago, and a pair of rookies, Charles Spencer and Eric Winston. Last year's starting left tackle, Chester Pitts, will move back inside to his natural position of left guard. Former center Steve McKinney switches to right guard and Zach Wiegert and last year's starter, Todd Wade, will vie for the right tackle spot.
Next to Kubiak and Eric Moulds I think this is going to be one of the greatest move we have made this off season, bringing in Mike Sherman.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #5
AFD1717
Veteran

Potentially bigger than Moulds.
Old 06-30-2006   #6
carter08
truth.

Rep Power: 70 carter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to carter08

The Texans coaching is really improved over last seasons staff
carter08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes its a beautiful thing. The new coaching staff is my favorite move of the season.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I like the Moulds trade a lot...we've needed a true #2 since the beginning...but the make over of the coaching staff is definately going to improve our team as a whole. We definately needed a new coaching staff too.
Old 06-30-2006   #9
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
I hope winston gets the job. I dispise Seth Wand.
right now seth is the top choice to get the starting LT spot imo. i dont understand why you hate him so much, i actually hope he earns the spot. if my mind serves me correctly sherman had his eye on him in the draft as well
Old 06-30-2006   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
right now seth is the top choice to get the starting LT spot imo. i dont understand why you hate him so much, i actually hope he earns the spot. if my mind serves me correctly sherman had his eye on him in the draft as well
I agree. For where Wand was drafted if he could come in and be a good starting LT for us it would be awesome. Also I was really excited when we brought Sherman in and am still excited about Sherman being here, it just sucks that more than likely he will only be here for one season...
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #11
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you get when you merge a red faced hungry team, an AFC white collar winning tradition, and a NFC minded blue collar approach to ball...The new look, 2006 Houston Texans!!! The Texans, Kubiak, and Sherman...Look out NFL, here we come!
Old 06-30-2006   #12
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75

Next to Kubiak and Eric Moulds I think this is going to be one of the greatest move we have made this off season, bringing in Mike Sherman.

I agree...but don't expect him to be here long. As soon as the line does a good job, he's going to get hired somewhere else for performing a "miracle" with the problems we've faced since the beginning.

I honestly think that he'll be here long enough to make a great line and for someone else to take the helm. He'll be here 1 year, MAYBE 2 before he gets another head coaching gig...mark my words.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why? Personally, I hope Wand gets the job. I think Winston and Spencer have a lot of upside, but I don't want a rookie starting on our O-line. I want someone with experience, even if it was a bad one (Wand in his 2nd year).
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why would you despise ANYONE on the Texans? The previous regime has been proven to be deficient at evaluating talent, then maximizing it. Give Wand a chance in a proper scheme. He may surprise you.:brickwall
Old 06-30-2006   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Wand, Winston, and Spencer have a heck of a battle for the LT position and the best player wins and does a great job this year It doesn't matter to me who's playing, as long as we're winning.
Old 06-30-2006   #16
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD
I agree...but don't expect him to be here long. As soon as the line does a good job, he's going to get hired somewhere else for performing a "miracle" with the problems we've faced since the beginning.

I honestly think that he'll be here long enough to make a great line and for someone else to take the helm. He'll be here 1 year, MAYBE 2 before he gets another head coaching gig...mark my words.
Yea I totaly agree, but this year he is here, he is a Texan...........Who knows maybe he would like to stay here if (sorry WHEN) we (do) get something great going.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #17
Texans86
All Pro

I've said it multiple times, but I'm still hoping for our line to shake out like this by 2007 season.

(LT) Wand (LG) Pitts (C) Flannagan (RG) Spencer (RT) Winston

That's a powerful line with a lot of athleticism. Potentially a great group of guys to keep Dave off his back.
Old 06-30-2006   #18
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
I've said it multiple times, but I'm still hoping for our line to shake out like this by 2007 season.

That's a powerful line with a lot of athleticism. Potentially a great group of guys to keep Dave off his back.
Not to mention very young minus the center of course.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #19
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86

I like that. Hopefully Hogdon can develop into a guy who can take over when Flanagan leaves.
Old 06-30-2006   #20
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
I like that. Hopefully Hogdon can develop into a guy who can take over when Flanagan leaves.
He did a decent job last year too when he was in so I think he will be ready when Flanagan leaves. I believe we're set for the long run at OL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read