Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-30-2006   #1
Moulds Man
Rookie

Default Eric Moulds....opinion of a Bills fan

Hi All....I'm brand new to the board. I'm a life long Buffalo Bills fan and Moulds is my favorite player. Just wanted to share a little info with everyone since I saw Moulds up close for 10 years.

This guy is an incredible player. I would not want to be an opposing corner this year...lining up against Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds. If I'm David Carr, I'm licking my chops to get started.

Moulds game is based on power, not speed. Yes he is fast but he suffered a bad groin injury in 2003 and he is 33. However, Eric has a lot left in the tank. Throw him a quick slant and look out. This guy is a leader and he will help you immensely. He is from the South and wanted to play closer to home. Believe me, after what he put up with in Buffalo, I cant blame him.

The thing Texans fans will love about Moulds is how hard he works. Moulds is part of the old school..he even played with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. He is not Terrell Owens...he simply got fed up with the constant circus in Buffalo. I wont go into it all but lets just say we had horrible coaching, a QB carousel and a rotten General Manager.

The play i will remember most about Moulds is one he made versus the Ravens a few years back. Drew Bledsoe threw an interception at the goaline and Chris Mcalister was taking it all the way back. Our primma donna RB, Willis Mcgahee..quit on the play and stopped chasing Mcalister at our 20. I was furious at him and my brother in NY saw the same thing. Well veterans dont quit..and from out of nowhere... Eric Moulds ran over 80 yards and tackled Mcalister at the 2 yard line. One of the most incredible efforts I've ever seen...and this guy is a star but he plays like a rookie on special teams.

Best of luck this year. I think you guys are gonna suprise a lot of people. Look for Johnson and Moulds to have big years..and for Carr to arrive as well. I will always be a Buffalo fan but I'm also adopting the Texans as well.
Moulds Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #2
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey thanks for the post.

We're expecting big things from from Moulds as well.

How are the Bills doing this year?

I am still a little sore from the AFC championship game back in '93, but I am still cool with the Bills.

Good luck this year...
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Really looking to forward to seeing Moulds this year.

Can you speak to his blocking skills at all?
Old 06-30-2006   #4
Moulds Man
Rookie

The Bills are completely rebuilding...which is one of the reasons we let Moulds go. Eric had bad timing, he arrived in Buffalo just as our playoff runs were ending. Yeah that comeback gmae in 93 was amazing. I wasnt at that game but the fans in Buffalo are amazing.
Old 06-30-2006   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey thanks a bunch for the insight. I think Carr is chomping at the bit to get started. There was a couple of years when I disliked the Bills when Pud and the Oilers were here but I've gotten over it. Good luck this season with the Bills. Who's going to QB this year?
Old 06-30-2006   #6
Moulds Man
Rookie

Moulds is an excellent blocker. In fact it's funny you mention that. As Bills fans we hate the Patriots. Go to that Youtube website and put in Eric Moulds. It will show a video from last year against the Pats. Mcgahee was running a sweep and Moulds decleated Teddy Bruschi...one of the most awesome blocks you will ever see.
Old 06-30-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulds Man
Moulds is an excellent blocker. In fact it's funny you mention that. As Bills fans we hate the Patriots. Go to that Youtube website and put in Eric Moulds. It will show a video from last year against the Pats. Mcgahee was running a sweep and Moulds decleated Teddy Bruschi...one of the most awesome blocks you will ever see.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing Moulds Man. Appreciate the input.
Old 06-30-2006   #8
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
here's the link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUczEwLJ6o
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo
OUCH. I'm a fan.
Old 06-30-2006   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
The thing Texans fans will love about Moulds is how hard he works. Moulds is part of the old school..he even played with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. He is not Terrell Owens...he simply got fed up with the constant circus in Buffalo.
The owner of the Texans, Bob McNair, tries hard to avoid players with character issues. He definitely did that with this trade. This may be sacreligious to most Bill's fans, but I think Moulds is better than Andre Reed (was). Also, keep in mind that Reed had the same QB for most of his career, whereas Moulds has been through about 10 different ones.

Welcome to the board Moulds Man.
Old 06-30-2006   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

That hit was just "sick". Outstanding! That's the kind slobber knockers we need more of. Blindside or not, it was an awsome hit. Thanks for the vid.
Old 06-30-2006   #12
Moulds Man
Rookie

It was funny because that was the night Bruschi came back from sitting out because of a stroke. I respect the hell out of the guy. But as usual, ESPN did like 20 segments with Suzy Kolber fawning over Brushci...so when Moulds wiped him out on the play, it brought a sense of normalcy back to the game. It's just football and you better have your head on a swivel.
Old 06-30-2006   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was funny because that was the night Bruschi came back from sitting out because of a stroke. I respect the hell out of the guy. But as usual, ESPN did like 20 segments with Suzy Kolber fawning over Brushci...so when Moulds wiped him out on the play, it brought a sense of normalcy back to the game. It's just football and you better have your head on a swivel.
Yea that was nice, but you can see how much respect Moulds has for guys, he could have put his helmet right on his, like some idiots do.

Nice clean Awsome block.

Last edited by Hulk75; 06-30-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Yea that was nice, but you can see how much respect Moulds has for guys, he could have put his helement right on his, like some idiots do.

Nice clean Awsome block.

Lol, I was thinking, "....right on his what?"
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Lol, I was thinking, "....right on his what?"
Helmet!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #16
AFD1717
Veteran

I like Moulds before... but I REALLY like him now.
Old 06-30-2006   #17
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Wow! i love this guy. That is a amazing tackle.One of the best by a WR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUczEwLJ6o
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #18
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
The owner of the Texans, Bob McNair, tries hard to avoid players with character issues. He definitely did that with this trade. This may be sacreligious to most Bill's fans, but I think Moulds is better than Andre Reed (was). Also, keep in mind that Reed had the same QB for most of his career, whereas Moulds has been through about 10 different ones.

Welcome to the board Moulds Man.
Ha! That's a joke. This is the same guy last year who was suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team" when he came off the field and said, "I don't have to do what the head coach says." So, since when is that not a character issue? Time to take off the rose-colored glasses on this one.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
Wow! i love this guy. That is a amazing tackle.One of the best by a WR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUczEwLJ6o
it was already posted earlier in the thread, dude.
Old 06-30-2006   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Be vewy quite , I'm Teddy's

That was one hell of a block . The more I see of Moulds the more I like .

If the Texans O-line can reduce their sack total to the low 30's to mid 20's they could have one of the most explosive offenses in the league . I'm expecting a lot out of them this year . 9+ wins isnt out of the question for this team.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read