Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-30-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans were interested in Jay Fiedler?

Texans | Team may have been third team with interest in Fiedler
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:59:14 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Houston Texans were thought to be the third team interested in QB Jay Fiedler, before he signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thursday, June 29.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmmm, I wonder why we'd want to do that.
Old 06-30-2006   #3
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it not obvious, Carr sucks..........
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75

Allrightythen
Old 06-30-2006   #5
fan no matter what
Rookie

Default david carr

everyone is so hard on david carr. and i will be the first one to admit he hasnt blown anything away in years past, but you have to hope he just hasnt had a chance with such a poor line. i for one am going to stand behind the guy and support him as our starting quarterback. hopefully he has the blow out year we need.
fan no matter what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Fiedler would be a good insurance policy on any team if the price was right.
Old 06-30-2006   #7
fan no matter what
Rookie

yeah i agree,but he is probably looking to go somewhere he feels he can push for the starting position. you think or is he just accepting a no 2 man?
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan no matter what
yeah i agree,but he is probably looking to go somewhere he feels he can push for the starting position. you think or is he just accepting a no 2 man?
I would think that you would never want to bring in a guy as such if you try to foster a competitive environment. However, Fiedler is a bright guy and understands that the market will only bear so much cash and/or reponsibility.
Old 06-30-2006   #9
fan no matter what
Rookie

good point
:
it never hurst to have some good competition going on
Old 06-30-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan no matter what
He'd have to prove himself first. Until then he'll be a #2 at best.
Old 06-30-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
I think that has more to do with The Sage One.
Old 07-01-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
He'd have to prove himself first. Until then he'll be a #2 at best.
That's what he is saying...... but he needs to go to a team where he will have a chance to actually win the starting job...... that's not here in Houston. Here, our back-ups are here to help us win games, until David Comes back from whatever injury...

It's like Brooks, Hasselback, or Brunnells backing up Favre......... they never had a chance of playing, much less starting.

Fiedler needs to go to a team, where the QB isn't a lock..... Oakland, TB, NY, Detroit....... etc...... etc......
Old 07-01-2006   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
That's what he is saying...... but he needs to go to a team where he will have a chance to actually win the starting job...... that's not here in Houston. Here, our back-ups are here to help us win games, until David Comes back from whatever injury...

It's like Brooks, Hasselback, or Brunnells backing up Favre......... they never had a chance of playing, much less starting.

Fiedler needs to go to a team, where the QB isn't a lock..... Oakland, TB, NY, Detroit....... etc...... etc......

I think your wrong about tampa. Simms is a Gruden guy, and as long as he is there the job is pretty locked up.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
I think your wrong about tampa. Simms is a Gruden guy, and as long as he is there the job is pretty locked up.
They signed him to a one year deal...... I thought he earned the starting job, and a multiyear contract........ but no......
Old 07-01-2006   #15
BlueThunder
Veteran

The way I see the Texans situation is that it isn't going to hurt to bring in FA QBs when they come avalible.Right now Carr will compete with Rosenthal for the starting job.I'm taking Carr because he's a Johnny Unitas award winner and in one year threw 40 TDs in college ...I just think he is meant to be in a fast pace offense, maybe moving around a lot simular to Plummer.The guy has talent and doing this uses his talent more.The only question is will he still have his accuracy moving.Either way he needs an offense with a faster pace
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #16
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder
The way I see the Texans situation is that it isn't going to hurt to bring in FA QBs when they come avalible.Right now Carr will compete with Rosenthal for the starting job.I'm taking Carr because he's a Johnny Unitas award winner and in one year threw 40 TDs in college ...I just think he is meant to be in a fast pace offense, maybe moving around a lot simular to Plummer.The guy has talent and doing this uses his talent more.The only question is will he still have his accuracy moving.Either way he needs an offense with a faster pace
I'll give you 8 million more reasons to take Carr if you're interested...
Old 07-02-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder
I honestly don't see the comparisons to Plummer. and while I like Plummer, I think Carr can be a better QB than Jake.

He doesn't need to move around, I think that is part of the problem, he moves around too much....... it might help, if the play is designed to go to the right, and everyone is on the same page. But I think he'll be better off, with a normal pocket, making his reads, and throwing it away if he has to. dumping it off when he can, and picking up whatever yards he can with his little mad dashes.

Now if you said Harrington might benefit from moving around a lot simular to Plummer, I'd agree...... But David...... I really don't think that's his strong suit. With the poor performance we were getting from the line, I would be open to moving the pocket, and definitely some bootlegs, or quick tosses to my RB...

but the first priority this season should have been to fix that oline, so David can do what he does best, not trying to get David to do something he isn't particularly good at. but hey....... maybe it's a system thang with Kubiak & QBs....... who knows??
Old 07-02-2006   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224191 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
He doesn't need to move around, I think that is part of the problem, he moves around too much....... it might help, if the play is designed to go to the right, and everyone is on the same page. But I think he'll be better off, with a normal pocket, making his reads, and throwing it away if he has to. dumping it off when he can, and picking up whatever yards he can with his little mad dashes.
There is a HUGE difference between plays designed to move and moving upon a pass rush on a designed drop back pass--Carr has been very effective at the former and ineffective at the latter.

Quote:
Now if you said Harrington might benefit from moving around a lot simular to Plummer, I'd agree...... But David...... I really don't think that's his strong suit.
Oh....my....god....even folks at the Hellen Keller school are chuckling.
Old 07-02-2006   #19
BlueThunder
Veteran

We really don't know what were going to have as far as protection so it's not going to hurt to wait.I also think Carr has more talent then Plummer.

I was just suggesting moving him around with the pocket!I seen how they were running there offense in Denver and think a lot of what they were doing may work here also.

Fixing the OL is always a priority but changing personial isn't always the answer and don't always solve the problem.Theres a lot you can do to fix a line without changing personial.Some coaches have ways of making bad OL look better then they are by going hurryup,moving the pocket,quick read or all the above.They call it smoke and mirror,,
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006   #20
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 666 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought this thread was about Jay Fiedler??

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read