Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-29-2006   #1
johnny_tlmn

Post The Sporting News Offseason Grades

I got this off of Titans Central. They weren't too happy with their grades for this off season but, I think most Texan fans will be happy with ours. The Titans got a C, the Texans got an A-.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...ic.php?t=98678
Old 06-30-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

We definately deserve that A. We're a lot better, in the coaching staff and in the player department. The Titans only got themselves David Givens, why should they get any better than a C.
Old 06-30-2006   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

didnt they also get chris hope?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
We definately deserve that A. We're a lot better, in the coaching staff and in the player department. The Titans only got themselves David Givens, why should they get any better than a C.
Agreed. It's about time that some of the media gave us at least a little bit of respect.

P.S.- Personally I think the acquisition of David Givens by the Titans should put them at A+++. I wish he would have taken what we offered. Think about that... AJ, Moulds and Givens working together.... QBs paradise!
Old 06-30-2006   #5
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You obviously spoke before thinking.

We acquired:

David Givens (from NE)
Kevin Mawae (from NYJ)
Chris Hope (from PIT)
David Thornton (from INDY)

If I'm not mistaking there's 3 Super Bowls among that bunch. Not to mention Kevin Mawae's 5 Pro Bowls.
Old 06-30-2006   #6
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

thats nice to get such a good grade we deserve it and we will show how good we our on sunday.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #7
srstex
Veteran

I think the two teams have a lot in common. Both teams had to rebuild, but for different reasons. The titans let go a GREAT QB, and picked up a playmaker to replace him ( good luck ), and we went out to grab every good player we could as fast as we could, on offense and defense. I loved the Oilers so I refuse to bad mouth the Titans. The media says what it wants and the fans need to realize that.
The Texans will beat the Titans this year.
Old 06-30-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess who got the worst grade on that list: the Patriots. Obviously, the list isn't biased in the usual way, but I think there's just something odd about the Patriots getting an F. I mean, there's really no doubt that they know what they're doing and, as much as I hate to throw a damper on all this congrats, I think that list is biased in an odd, sort of 'those who had the highest picks (and didn't totally screw up in the whole over-all off-season) got the best grades. In other words, we got a better grade than teams like Pittsburgh and New England mainly because we had higher picks to choose from and fewer guys that anybody else wanted to take away from us. I guess it's just meant to be who improved the most (supposedly) instead of specifically who made the best of their situation.

Having said that, it's nice to see that they think we are one of the most improved teams (supposedly). I tend to agree with that.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstex
I think the two teams have a lot in common. Both teams had to rebuild, but for different reasons. The titans let go a GREAT QB, and picked up a playmaker to replace him ( good luck ), and we went out to grab every good player we could as fast as we could, on offense and defense. I loved the Oilers so I refuse to bad mouth the Titans. The media says what it wants and the fans need to realize that.
The Texans will beat the Titans this year.
I don't think we're rebuilding, just relearning.

The only Oilers left are Fisher and Pud Adams. Fishers a good coach and for Pud, well he's a Pud. So with that said, there's no real reason not to bad mouth the titans.
Old 06-30-2006   #10
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
You obviously spoke before thinking.

We acquired:

David Givens (from NE)
Kevin Mawae (from NYJ)
Chris Hope (from PIT)
David Thornton (from INDY)

If I'm not mistaking there's 3 Super Bowls among that bunch. Not to mention Kevin Mawae's 5 Pro Bowls.
David Givens is an upgrade
Kevin Mawae is a replacement for Brad Hopkins
Chris Hope is a replacement for Lance Shulters
You got David Givens, I'll give you that, but your team isn't really that different.
Old 06-30-2006   #11
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
David Givens is an upgrade
Kevin Mawae is a replacement for Brad Hopkins
Chris Hope is a replacement for Lance Shulters
You got David Givens, I'll give you that, but your team isn't really that different.
Ok, we're going to do this one more time:

Kevin Mawae is a center, hopkins was a tackle.
Lance Schulters was released after the '04 season. He played for Miami last year. He's replacing Tank Williams. He's also much better than Tank Williams. So if you don't think that a 5 time pro-bowler and the safety from the super bowl winner isn't an upgrade, then i dont know what else to say.
Old 06-30-2006   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
Ok, we're going to do this one more time:

Kevin Mawae is a center, hopkins was a tackle.
Lance Schulters was released after the '04 season. He played for Miami last year. He's replacing Tank Williams. He's also much better than Tank Williams. So if you don't think that a 5 time pro-bowler and the safety from the super bowl winner isn't an upgrade, then i dont know what else to say.
Ya still need a QB that can get Givens the ball. JK

I think you'll like Volek this year.

The Texans will still sweep the titans this year.
Old 07-02-2006   #13
CMoak1982
Rookie

Chris Hope is really good, and young, I would of loved for the Texans to have gotten him. Come in and start FS or SS right away. Mawae coming back from a serious injury, LB from the colts is undersized but does make some plays. David Givens very good young receiver to go with Bennett, Calico.

All of that being said we're still going to kill the Titans!!!
CMoak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #14
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMoak1982
Chris Hope is really good, and young, I would of loved for the Texans to have gotten him. Come in and start FS or SS right away. Mawae coming back from a serious injury, LB from the colts is undersized but does make some plays. David Givens very good young receiver to go with Bennett, Calico.

All of that being said we're still going to kill the ***ans!!!
Keep telling yourself that ...
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #15
BobTx1950
Rookie

Angry Texans Grade F

Partners I love My Texans BUT we gona lose and lose and lose Check our schedule lol lucky if we win 4 games Though teams with bad records got a break not get 7 playoff teams in schedule
BobTx1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #16
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Wow, an "F" for Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli. I'm pretty sure that's what they got after the 2002 season too. Then they proceeded to win the next two Super Bowls...
Old 07-04-2006   #17
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Hey, you remember that Safety we had for the Super Bowl Champions Patriots................what was his name, oh yeah Matt Stevens. Just because Chis Hope played for the Steelers last year means he's the ****. Now, if the Meatballs would have got Polumalu, then thats something else, but this Hope guy is a joke!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #18
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 17 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
Ya still need a QB that can get Givens the ball. JK

I think you'll like Volek this year.

The Texans will still sweep the titans this year.
I've always liked Volek. He gets no respect. I think all of the times Volek practiced in McNair's place while he was injured will help alot.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #19
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 17 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTx1950
Partners I love My Texans BUT we gona lose and lose and lose Check our schedule lol lucky if we win 4 games Though teams with bad records got a break not get 7 playoff teams in schedule
Yeah, I noticed that too. We were supposed to get a softer schedule, but it doesn't look it.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
We were supposed to get a softer schedule, but it doesn't look it.
That's a common misconception. It used to be that the worst teams got the easier schedule but IIRC about 4 or 5 years ago, it became a set system of rotations with other divisions, so the schedule we have is just the luck of the draw in time so to speak. Still a tough one no matter how it happend though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read