Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-29-2006   #1
BlueThunder
Veteran

Default The Plan!

Heres the plan I think will get this team there..
ST is the key to reaching our goals.

We have to force teams in to playing on a long field.
We need to play a soft defense and keep the ball in front of use.
We need to force teams to self destruct by long drives.
We need to run a ball control offense and stay out of long situations.
We have to Limit turnovers.
We have to find out what we can do that is consistant and get good at it.
Were not going to spot every team but we can force them into running a long consistant offense to score points.
We need some of these blue chip LBer, DL and SEC to create opportunity for the offense.
We have to start playing like the team we are.

Note Confidence is knowledge and that is where were weakest.We need to go back and teach this team how to read and study film.

That is the key for this team and if we follow those rules it's going to take one he77 of a team to beat us.

11 and 5 This is our year and if you want it,you can get it!
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I've got a simpler plan: Win
Old 06-29-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my plan:

Defense: Mario in the backfield, Mario in the backfield, Mario in the backfield, punt.

Offense: long drive, probably score.

If !score, then:
While, other team has ball:
Mario = Safety
Return ball to Texans.

Repeat, repeat, repeat, etc.

If Texans' score > Opponent's score,
then Return 0;

If Texan's score <= Opponent's score,
then Gosub QB;

Gosub QB()
Fire David Carr;
return NewQB;

Return 0;

Last edited by HJam72; 06-29-2006 at 08:50 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

All we have to do is execute
Old 06-29-2006   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The exact opposite of this:
http://www.texansbullpen.com/05photo...s/DSC_0480.JPG
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #6
BlueThunder
Veteran

Yal that what this other guys said too

Come on guys its the 6 inches in front of us

Lets focus on the division!
Old 06-29-2006   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
haha funny picture.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-29-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Hey, no wonder we lost so much. That guy was tellin' the other team what we were gonna do!
Old 06-29-2006   #9
BlueThunder
Veteran

I will say this once and thats that it the coaches job to know and no mater what you think you know theres a coach out there looking at you and will try to beat you to keep his job.
Old 06-29-2006   #10
BlueThunder
Veteran

How was your vacation

Is it just me or does that bull have a twinkle in his eyes..I'm going be with you guys when the smoke clears..

This is all on the coaches,,,,,,Da/mn Kub,we have us an NFL football team?

Last edited by BlueThunder; 06-29-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2006   #11
AFD1717
Veteran

My plan invovles building a giant mountain in the middle of Houston that is approximately 1 mile above sea level and then putting our stadium on top of it...
Old 06-29-2006   #12
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Did nobody else find that programming language funny?
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #13
BlueThunder
Veteran

Ain't no reason to build another stadium...All we have left to do is go get the lombardi

Last edited by BlueThunder; 06-30-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-29-2006   #14
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Hjam: that was really funny.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #15
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Go Texans !!!!!

come on texans *******ing score

Dont let them sack carr no more

score a td, throw a pass

mario put a wipping on mannings A**

come on kub call a play

dont let the play clock delay

suck the life outta the colts and the AfC Souths soul

and in 2007 we'll win the SUPER BOWL

But i have only one wish texans, do it our i'll be REALLY sad

Beat the S**t outta the cowboys,,,beat em bad !!!

By TexansTrueFan
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #16
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder

Were not going to spot every team but we can force them into running a long consistant offense to score points.
We need some of these blue chip LBer, DL and SEC to create opportunity for the offense.
You forgot to say "We have to score more points than the other team."
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

I think this whole thread is pretty funny.
Old 06-30-2006   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder

Note Confidence is knowledge and that is where were weakest.We need to go back and teach this team how to read and study film.

That is the key for this team and if we follow those rules it's going to take one he77 of a team to beat us.

11 and 5 This is our year and if you want it,you can get it!

Dom work for the Dolphins now .

Ive seen enough soft defenses that allow teams to pick up 4-5 yards a play on 1st down .

Forcing teams to play a long field is a good theory .... But they have to Stop teams in the red zone or force some turn overs .

Gah ball control offense , DD off left tackle , DD off left tackle , 3rd and 6 Carr drops back and the DL tee's off again . I want less predictability . More play action , more use of the TE's and recievers who pay attention . I want to see the WR's come back to the QB once he's under pressure to give him a target , Not just watch him get pummeled . (HUGE problem last season)

I also want to see Carr play with some fire .... Show me you are pissed off when someone dropps a pass or you take a sack because of a blown assignment .... Show me you WANT to Win

As for the defense , I want to see them ATTACK . No more LB's making the stop 5 yards down field on runs up the middle . I want to see the DL ATTACK the QB on pass plays , The CB's will have much less time to cover a reciever and much less chance of getting beat deep .... And if they do get beat deep atleast they got beat by trying to smash the opposing QB into the turf . Next time he has something to consider .

Dom , Enjoy your stay with the Fish

Hope is a poor mans disease.

Last edited by Corrosion; 06-30-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #19
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
My plan invovles building a giant mountain in the middle of Houston that is approximately 1 mile above sea level and then putting our stadium on top of it...
Ahhh.... * scratching chin *... yes. Yes. * making finger tent *
Old 06-30-2006   #20
BlueThunder
Veteran

I think the coaches have there work cut out for them.They are installing 2 new systems and don't have very much film to evaulate with.Not only that but they have mix and matched staff there tring to install these systems with.I'm not saying it can't be done but its going to be harder then installing a whole new staff that doesn't have feeling for there own players and system.Even with a complete staff its going to take great coachs working there azzes off to get it installed up and running correctly by the end of the preseason...

I know it ain't fare and life usually isn't but all the pressure is on this coaching staff.

11 AND 5 NO MERCY!

Last edited by BlueThunder; 06-30-2006 at 01:44 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read