Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-29-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sports Illustrated NFL Owner rankings

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ike/index.html

Bob McNair is ranked 7th.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #2
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Jerry Jones is #2. Nuff said about THOSE rankings.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Silver could not have been more on-the-mark in his assessment of Bud Adams. Scary.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

good find. Thanks.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #5
BlueThunder
Veteran

I rank Bobby McNair #32 right with the rest of us...Were not drinking any of the saltpeter koolaid these guy are feeding us..Were one for all and all for one..We are looking for the latter to get out of this he77 and change is coming

There ain't no way Bobby is going up without his team so you idiots better find some more ink,,because theres a lot invested and the top is the only goal.This man is love of football and he deserves a team........If you want to put Bobby at #7 that you better have enough ink to get the rest of us up there..Cause he brought football back to Houston and he just wouldn't be happy without BRINGING THE LOMBARDI TO this strong supporting houston fan base..

Last edited by BlueThunder; 06-29-2006 at 09:59 PM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder
I rank Bobby McNair #32 right with the rest of us...Were not drinking any of the saltpeter koolaid these guy are feeding us..Were one for all and all for one..We are looking for the latter to get out of this he77 and change is coming

There ain't no way Bobby is going up without his team so you idiots better find some more ink,,because theres a lot invested and the top is the only goal.This man is love of football and he deserves a team........If you want to put Bobby at #7 that you better have enough ink to get the rest of us up there..Cause brought football back to houston and he just wouldn't be happy without putting a steam on the apple for this strong supporting fan base..
Eh, I'm confused by your post... are you supporting Bob McNairs top 10 rating or dissapproving it because of last season?
Old 06-30-2006   #7
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

its kind of nice to see the texans in the top 10
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2006   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally think we're all very fortunate to have McNair as the Texans owner. But it's all about the W-L record ultimately, and therefor consider
a national publication ranking McNair in the top 25 percentile after last years disastrous season somewhat charitable of SI.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #9
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I hope the team moves up in the rankings as well.. 8-8 this season would be a huge improvement IMO. Go Texans, and good for you McNair.
Old 06-30-2006   #10
srstex
Veteran

Default As owners go

Actually as an owner Bob hired the right people at the time. I did not like Capers play calling, but he had experience at building a team, and Casserly was the most respected GM in the NFL. Results say these two statements are false, but hindsite is always 20/20.
The Texans make money, and for an owner that is the goal, and if this new coaching regime wakes up the players and we win, then national coverage will throw even more piles of money at Bob. Is he a good owner? Yes, he makes money, he let's football people make the football decisions, and when it started to go south he called for help ( Dan Reeves ).
Man I love Football.

There are only two seasons in this world, football season & the off season.
BBQ season doesn't count because in Houston that's year round.
srstex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually like our owner too. He not only brought a team back to Houston, but he allows the fans to interact with the team. Did ole Bud do any of this? Yea, right! I remember the first year he basically said he was going to do whatever it takes to have a winning team. 5 years later and I believe he's still trying to do so. He gave Capers ample time to win and he didn't. He then brings in a new staff which he'll surely give at least the same amount of time to win. I don't think it's about money with him, he wants to win. I like him, this city and the Texans. IMO, he should be even higher than 7. Maybe next year when the team is right there with him.
Old 06-30-2006   #12
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I personally think we're all very fortunate to have McNair as the Texans owner. But it's all about the W-L record ultimately, and therefor consider
a national publication ranking McNair in the top 25 percentile after last years disastrous season somewhat charitable of SI.

Jerry Jones 2nd....ROFLMAO, at taking what was a winning franchise and turning into compost. Hiring a head coach from 2 assistants by flipping a coin, holding onto players well past their prime. then announcing to world "10-6 AND A SUPER BOWL"...god I gotta stop can hardly breathe laughing so hard.

Silver I know you are obviously addicted to some medication that is not good for you, in words of Nancy Reagan...Silver "JUST SAY NO!!!!"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read