Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-28-2006   #1
jmerog
Veteran

Default what plays would you call?

Okay, i ts the off season and we are all bored and hungry for some football. Since we have exhausted the carr topics, lets talk about something a little more fun.

If you were calling plays and you had confidence in your players-what plays would you call- be specific.

I would like to see a lot of 3 reciever sets with an option to run. rb could be the 4th reciever.

come on, you offensive gurus out there. show us what you've got.
Old 06-28-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to see TEs catching the ball and receivers that don't drop it. We need to see more of that. I'm sure we will.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the quickout to the WR is a sure winner.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #4
jmerog
Veteran

HAHA Good one, Edo.
Old 06-28-2006   #5
BlueThunder
Veteran

I want to see Anthony Johnson run the s-snake post out of the backfield like T.O did in Philly..
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I think the quickout to the WR is a sure winner.
That might be a problem - I don't think they ran that play in OTAs or minicamp. Maybe they are saving that for the closed training camp sessions.
Old 06-28-2006   #7
BlueThunder
Veteran

I like the bootleg play Coslet ran where the OL bootlegs on a 2 te and the primary TE fall down acting like he muffed but in all reality he is really running a combination fade route for a game winning TD..I didn't never really like Coslet because he knew nothing about talent but that play worked everytime we ran it.....I didn't really have film so so i'm not quite sure how the TE did it but from my understanding he just fell down and the defense lost him..Next time you seen him he was in the endzone all alone...

Last edited by BlueThunder; 06-28-2006 at 09:34 PM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2006   #8
jmerog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder
I want to see Anthony Johnson run the s-snake post out of the backfield like T.O did in Philly..

I was unaware there was anyone on our team by that name. What position does He play?
Old 06-28-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerog
I was unaware there was anyone on our team by that name. What position does He play?
I knew someone was going to say something. Give him a break, you know who he's talking about
Old 06-28-2006   #10
jmerog
Veteran

I would have but he just slammed me on another thread because i disagreed with him and said TJ wouldn't start.
Old 06-28-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would have but he just slammed me on another thread because i disagreed with him and said TJ wouldn't start.
O ok, carry on then
Old 06-28-2006   #12
AFD1717
Veteran

I would like to see Moulds underneath on a Smash route quite a bit. If one of our speedy guys can go over the top, we can put AJ on the other side and they will be forced to either leave man to man on AJ or they won't have the personnel to cover the Smash.
Old 06-28-2006   #13
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay, i ts the off season and we are all bored and hungry for some football. Since we have exhausted the carr topics, lets talk about something a little more fun.

If you were calling plays and you had confidence in your players-what plays would you call- be specific.

I would like to see a lot of 3 reciever sets with an option to run. rb could be the 4th reciever.

The ones that would result in a touchdown on every play, obviously
Old 06-28-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

I'd definately like to see some effective play action this year and go deep to AJ and Moulds and maybe even Mathis if he can get his act together.
Old 06-29-2006   #15
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

WELL.... Based on the assumption the O-Line is good (not even great) we have a LOT of possibilities. With Moulds and AJ strecthing the filed, the DB's can't cheat up, the LB's have to respect the pass catching TE and RB coming out of the backfield, which all of course reduces mismatches on the line (that's right you other guys, you can't rush 9 - 10 guys every play this year) and open's up running possibilities. I guess what I am trying to say here is we have a real shot at having a very balanced attack this year.

So, specifically, I would mix up pass and run plays on first down (no more 2 runs, sack and out). And yeah, I also think play action is going to work very well for us this year.

Watch out wabbits... we are coming for ya!
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #16
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
WELL.... Based on the assumption the O-Line is good (not even great) we have a LOT of possibilities. With Moulds and AJ strecthing the filed, the DB's can't cheat up, the LB's have to respect the pass catching TE and RB coming out of the backfield, which all of course reduces mismatches on the line (that's right you other guys, you can't rush 9 - 10 guys every play this year) and open's up running possibilities. I guess what I am trying to say here is we have a real shot at having a very balanced attack this year.

So, specifically, I would mix up pass and run plays on first down (no more 2 runs, sack and out). And yeah, I also think play action is going to work very well for us this year.

Trips left,singleback, Te weakside fade route,AJ seam, Moulds quick slant,Walters 10 yrd out, RB lead block for Carr on a bootleg left
Old 06-29-2006   #17
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan

No the best offensive strategy ever,
1st and 10, max protect HB Dive between the center and the guard.
2nd and 8, 2WR, 1TE, 1FB, 1HB set, run a HB Dive between the center and the guard.
3rd and 6, Quick out to WR, or a 2 step-sack, or another max protect HB Dive between the center and the guard... see with this philosophy the opposing defense doesn't know what we're going to do on 3rd down!
Old 06-29-2006   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'd send jerome mathis on streaks all day.
Old 06-29-2006   #19
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
i'd send jerome mathis on streaks all day.
Streaks to a Sports Psychologist to get his head straightened out.
Old 06-29-2006   #20
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:

I am not sure. I only know right now that handing off three times and going over left tackle is not successful.

Chad Stanley should have gone to the Pro Bowl last year.

Now that we have a receiver corps, a tight end and a fleet of running backs, there are too many options.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read