Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-28-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN Ultimate Depth Chart

Can we consolidate all of these into one thread?

BTW... ranked #21 in pass defense. Of course that diphole Salisbury had to mention that picking Williams over Bush was a mistake.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Can we consolidate all of these into one thread?

BTW... ranked #21 in pass defense. Of course that diphole Salisbury had to mention that picking Williams over Bush was a mistake.
mario williams eats salisbury steaks for breakfast.
Old 06-28-2006   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Salisbury...I just don't like that dude. He froths at the mouth and little drops of spit fly when he gets worked up (which is often enough).

I remember him flip-flopping back and forth on several TO stories. He puts his finger to the wind to see which way the public breeze is blowing so he can be on the majority bandwagon. Make a stand on how you feel and go with it. I'm sure if Williams is making a huge impact this season, Salisbury will be the first to sing his praises and talk about what a wonderful pick the Texans made. Dude is a tool.
Old 06-28-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Salisbury...I just don't like that dude. He froths at the mouth and little drops of spit fly when he gets worked up (which is often enough).

I remember him flip-flopping back and forth on several TO stories. He puts his finger to the wind to see which way the public breeze is blowing so he can be on the majority bandwagon. Make a stand on how you feel and go with it. I'm sure if Williams is making a huge impact this season, Salisbury will be the first to sing his praises and talk about what a wonderful pick the Texans made. Dude is a tool.
I don't like Salisbury either. Or the other guy, the one that used to play with the Broncos. Former O-lineman. The only NFL analysts I do like on ESPN or Ron Jawarski and Mike Golic.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:

That's the nature of NFL analysts. They are all probably still pissed that we made them look foolish when they were all so sure that Bush was our pick.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
That's the nature of NFL analysts. They are all probably still pissed that we made them look foolish when they were all so sure that Bush was our pick.
I have contended that if the Patriots or some other team had made the same move, some of these same guys would have been tripping over each with "out of the box thinking" and whatever other cliche you want to throw out there. These teams have earned more of a benefit of the doubt regarding their moves, but every personnel move these teams is not "just another good selection by a quality organization"
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

Salisbury was a crappy QB. He wasn't even a good backup. The guy was co-hosting Battle Bots on Comedy Central just a few years ago where he made a total arse of himself. Anyone who saw that show knows how bad he was and how serious he took himself. Then ESPN gives him a platform because he is willing to say ignorant stuff into a microphone. The guy is 'almost' as bad as Merrill Hoge....and that is saying A LOT. Then you have Trey Wingo who is totally unwatchable and is perhaps the worst interviewer in the history of journalism...The Disney Sports Network sucks across the board.

I would say that my ratings would go:
QB 24
RB 17 with healthy DD / 29 without healthy DD
WR/TE 10
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-29-2006   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Who's the guy that has the crooked mouth when he talks. That dude's pretty annoying to me too.
Old 06-29-2006   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
I have contended that if the Patriots or some other team had made the same move, some of these same guys would have been tripping over each with "out of the box thinking" and whatever other cliche you want to throw out there. These teams have earned more of a benefit of the doubt regarding their moves, but every personnel move these teams is not "just another good selection by a quality organization"
Good point, although when you win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years they'll give you that respect. Even though Kubiak has previous Super Bowl success they don't seem to be giving him much respect/benefit of the doubt yet.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #10
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Well when you have the worst record in the nfl the tend to not give you a lot of respect but we will show them what were made of and how we made lots of great moves this year.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
Who's the guy that has the crooked mouth when he talks. That dude's pretty annoying to me too.
More specific. They all do. Ha Ha Ha.

I think you are talking about Golic? Or Michael A Smith?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are the totals so far:

(1 point for place; ex: 32nd = 32 pts.)
The Lower the # of Points per Team, the Better

(After Currently: Pass Defense)

Rank / Team Name (Points)
1 - Panthers (21 pts)
2 - Seahawks (25 pts)*
3 - Redskins (25 pts)*
4 - Colts (35 pts)
5 - Patriots (36 pts)
6 - Bengals (37 pts)
7 - NY Giants (38 pts)
8 - Steelers (39 pts)
9 - Ravens (47 pts)
10 - Falcons (50 pts)

11 - Chiefs (53 pts)
12 - Broncos (54 pts)
13 - Cardinals (55 pts)
14 - Dolphins (58 pts)
15 - Cowboys (60 pts)
16 - Buccaneers (64 pts)
17 - Rams (67 pts)
18 - Jaguars (69 pts)*
19 - Saints (69 pts)*
20 - Chargers (71 pts)

21 - Bears (72 pts)*
22 - Vikings (72 pts)*
23 - Eagles (83 pts)
24 - Texans (84 pts)
25 - Packers (96 pts)
26 - NY Jets (97 pts)
27 - Browns (100 pts)
28 - Raiders (103 pts)
29 - Titans (104 pts)
30 - Lions (105 pts)
31 - Bills (106 pts)
32 - 49ers (117 pts)

* - Note: The teams with the best won-lost last year wins the tie breaker in points.

I think there is more to come... so may need to be updated later.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
If your talking about Chicken Little, that is John Clayton. He has that wierd beak of a mouth but I really like the guy. He is a bit of a kiss ass and lets scumbags like Wingo and Salisbury take their shots at them. Clayton probably pees in their coffee when they make him fetch coffee for all the 'cool guys'. Oh and dont get me started on Steven A. Smith, when that guy started he was one of my favorite analysts and would tell it like it is, well now he is just a loudmouth that loves to hear himself talk. He is like Barkley without the insight and heartfelt honesty.

doug from the woodlands
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read