Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-28-2006   #1
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Our Throw Back Jerseys?

Never understood why we dont have the Houston Oilers old light Blue Jerseys or the old Dallas Texans Uniforms? WHY NOT?

Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #2
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Never understood why we dont have the Houston Oilers old light Blue Jerseys or the old Dallas Texans Uniforms? WHY NOT?

Because Bud Adams owns the rights to the Oilers and all the history (uniforms included) belong to Tennessee now.

The Dallas Texans are the Chiefs now. They have nothing to do with Houston. We'll get a "Throw Back" jersey when we change our uniforms sometime in the future.
Old 06-28-2006   #3
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the Dallas Texans helmet. That's pretty cool. They should make those with all red uniforms.
Old 06-28-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Different franchises. Throwback jerseys are for teams with history. We've only been around a few years, so Battle Red will have to do in the meantime.
Old 06-28-2006   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

It would be cool to see the Chiefs where those throwbacks if they hosted the Texans or Cowboys.
Old 06-28-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the best Houston pro football helmet ever:

aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Our thowback jerseys are Boselli jerseys and jerseys with #02 on them.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2006   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default lollers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Our thowback jerseys are Boselli jerseys and jerseys with #02 on them.
lol...yeah and Glenn jerseys too, any self respecting aggie had one of those early. That Gamblers helmet is classic and the Oilers helmet reminded me of the good times and the bad. Deep inside I kinda wish we could have kept the Oilers name, jersey, logo etc., and just gotten rid of the curse.

doug from the woodlands
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink

I perosnally like keeping our current logo and jersey and just sticking with it for the rest of the team's existence.

To me, seeing a Green Bay jersey or logo with the colors, the traditional stripes, and the big "G" on the helmet seems to build a fan base across the country. It's a timeless classic that transcends all generations.

Dallas Cowboys.

Cleveland Browns.

Washington Redskins.

Kansas City Chiefs.

Oakland Raiders.

Pittsburgh Steelers.

Miami Dolphins.

I know all those teams also had (at one time or another) different logos and different looking unifroms. BUt at some point, they stopped messing with the logos and colors/jersey style...and the result is multi-dimensional: (1) You can buy a jersey and not feel like a dork at a Houston Rockets or Houston Astros game with about four different types of Rockets and/or Astros jerseys and logos running around at the same time. (2) It's like having the American flag on your body: You put on a Steeler jersey and you know that everyone who sees you knows it's a Steelers jersey, you know that every fan of your team is wearing the same war shirt as you are on gameday. (3) It just builds an identity and makes others want to join our team's fan base.

Nothing disgusts me more than "marketing" strategists who convince teams like the Rockets and the Astros to develop a new jersey every four years. It's like we juuuuuuuuuussssssst can't get it right. I mean, it's JUST a friggin' jersey, OK? Make it bold. Make it simple. And stick with it. Please?

I hope McNair keeps our "look and feel" the same. I hope our "throwback jersey" is simply the same one that we've been using for years and years.

Down with the sellouts (Cincinatti, cough, cough) and up with the traditionalists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we can wear the all-white helmets we originally were going to have as a throwback.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope that some day we change to White helmets, red jerseys w/blue stripe, white pants w/blue stripe.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
This is the best Houston pro football helmet ever:

The old Houston Gamblers, Jim Kelly as our Quarter Back, championships won. Why did we stick with the OIlers?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I hope that some day we change to White helmets, red jerseys w/blue stripe, white pants w/blue stripe.
I hate the white helmets. My opinion though.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me amend my statement.

"....prior to the Texans."

I really like the Texans helmet.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #15
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
I hate the white helmets. My opinion though.
I second that. Keep the blue or if a change is needed, switch to red. No white though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read