Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What do you wanna see play out ?
Spencer 0 0%
Winston 0 0%
O-line as a whole 18 20.93%
Running Back situation 0 0%
Demecco 6 6.98%
Mario 12 13.95%
DB's 1 1.16%
D.Carr 15 17.44%
New Coaching Style 27 31.40%
New improved D-line 7 8.14%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2006   #1
real

Question What are you most excited about seeing in the Pre-season ?

Like many, I am craving some Texan Football something awful....So I ask of you, What aspect or player are you most eager to see in pre-season ? I picked D.Carr...No this isn't another Carr thread...I just picked him, because to me he seems to have the biggest divide among fans, and I figure if he plays well in pre-season that should calm some people down...
Old 06-27-2006   #2
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am looking forward to us looking like a real football team on the field. We haven't really done that yet and that is what excites me the most. To see us run a play and actually execute it to the "T" will be an awesome sight. I prefer that to watching us run around like a chicken with our head cut off in total chaos!
Old 06-27-2006   #3
66cobra
Veteran

You need to put all of the above because I am excited for just about every area of Texans football....
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006   #4
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

I am looking forward to seeing Ryans play the most, but that is not saying much.
It's like choosing between vanilla strawberry swirl and strawberry vanilla twist.
---

On a side note:

I am tossing out a Coach's challenge on the illegal shift. You cannot start out by saying you are looking forward to watching Carr and then saying this is not a Carr thread.

Last edited by TwinSisters; 06-27-2006 at 10:28 AM.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

You forgot the most important option: Winning. I know it's a pre-season poll but the most important thing is to win games for the team and for the fans.
Old 06-27-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters
I am looking forward to seeing Ryans play the most, but that is not saying much.
It's like choosing between vanilla strawberry swirl and strawberry vanilla twist.
---

On side note:

I am tossing out a Coach's challenge on the illegal shift. You cannot start out by saying you are looking forward to watching Carr and then saying this is not a Carr thread.
The thread isn't about Carr...He just HAPPENS to be a part of the team
Old 06-27-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking at the o-line and how they respond to new coaching. All of our offensive hopes rest with how the line plays, because without a consistent pocket, Carr won't stand a chance to do anything. Same with the running game and opening consistent holes.

Of course I'm interested in the whole team, too.
Old 06-27-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I tried to pick every choice but it wouldn't let me!
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I'm looking at the o-line and how they respond to new coaching. All of our offensive hopes rest with how the line plays, because without a consistent pocket, Carr won't stand a chance to do anything. Same with the running game and opening consistent holes.

Of course I'm interested in the whole team, too.
There's the answer.
Old 06-27-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

How the team executes based on the evaluation of each player and unit. As in putting players in a posiiton to succeed, which has been a lost art in our brief history.
Old 06-27-2006   #11
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
The thread isn't about Carr...He just HAPPENS to be a part of the team
So far every Carr thread has turned into offensive line, that turns into coaching, that turns into Davis, that turns into Johnson, that turns into draft, that turns into Mario, that turns into defensive line, that turns into wins and loses, that turns into weak linebackers.

You throw in a little more Chad, the DBs, and another kicker we can almost cover the team in every single Carr thread. The current one is talking about the defensive line right now. ( at least until you accept the challenge and rule this one the current Carr thread )

EDIT: check that. O line is the currently on the Carr thread ticker.

Last edited by TwinSisters; 06-27-2006 at 10:42 AM.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
EDIT: check that. O line is the currently on the Carr thread ticker.

Yes, but the Carr thread has morphed into the present and future of the o-line because of a statement Carr made. It isn't the usual "it's because the o-line sucks" talk.

Maybe it should be broken out to a new thread so that it doesn't create new, positive habits or detract form the Carr talk.
Old 06-27-2006   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Yes, but the Carr thread has morphed into the present and future of the o-line because of a statement Carr made. It isn't the usual "it's because the o-line sucks" talk.

Maybe it should be broken out to a new thread so that it doesn't create new, positive habits or detract form the Carr talk.
Everything turns into a Carr Discussion...I cant wait untill he plays just so everyone can see and all the speculation can come to an end.
Old 06-27-2006   #14
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
AHHHHH!!! NO. I am just kidding man. Then Carr threads would start making making baby threads! The board would turn into an episode of Trouble with Tribbles.

I was just chatting the man up. It's the off-season.
Old 06-27-2006   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am just kidding man.
I know.

Your idea of a Carr thread ticker has merit though...
Old 06-27-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for the "new coaching style"--it would be nice to be able watch the game and see the team working as a team instead of worrying about pieces and parts.
Old 06-27-2006   #17
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Everything turns into a Carr Discussion...I cant wait untill he plays just so everyone can see and all the speculation can come to an end.
Yeah the thing is though... you can't even say that. ( because we have said it every single year )

I will say this though... this is by far the most miserable off season I have ever sat through ( it tops the 2002 one ). Absolutely the worst.

Hot muggy can't sleep mosquito buzzing bad.
Yoko Ono singing shape shifting ninja crickets from Japan bad.
Warm flat beer bad.
Old 06-27-2006   #18
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
How the team executes based on the evaluation of each player and unit. As in putting players in a posiiton to succeed, which has been a lost art in our brief history.
Can we have a one year moratorium on the word "execute", and any of it forms?

One month to training camp! I didn't vote, because you can't select more than one.
Old 06-27-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket
Can we have a one year moratorium on the word "execute", and any of it forms?

One month to training camp! I didn't vote, because you can't select more than one.
That may the problem in that the team was executing upon an unexecutable plan. Make no mistake about it success is tantamount to executing on a sound plan.
Old 06-27-2006   #20
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
That may the problem in that the team was executing upon an unexecutable plan. Make no mistake about it success is tantamount to executing on a sound plan.
I believe you performed an execution on my proposal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read