Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-26-2006   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN: Our Rushing Attack

They broke down best rushing attacks today on ESPN. They have us rated 22.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #2
real

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole
Who was # 1 ?
Old 06-26-2006   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont know, but they ranked us ahead of the titans, colts, and jags.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ranked 22 isn't too bad. It's a lot higher than most seem to have us in any given category.

I think we'll finish higher, though. With Sherman coaching these guys and Kubiak creating a dynamic offense, I think many people will be surprised by the 2006 Houston Texans.
Old 06-26-2006   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole
Seems a little low to me, considering that the Texans were ranked 15th in rushing yardage and 9th in rushing per carry last season. Depending on Davis' health & Morency adjusting to Kubiak's style, top 10 in rushing isn't out of the question.
Old 06-26-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Seems a little low to me, considering that the Texans were ranked 15th in rushing yardage and 9th in rushing per carry last season. Depending on Davis' health & Morency adjusting to Kubiak's style, top 10 in rushing isn't out of the question.
You have to rate it on the curve - they are so used to ranking us last or next to last a rating off 22 is like an "A" for us.
Old 06-26-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I still think we're being underrated...we had a good rushing game last year and since then we have upped the passing game and fixed the OL a ton. I'm with Lucky on this one.
Old 06-26-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I still think we're being underrated...we had a good rushing game last year and since then we have upped the passing game and fixed the OL a ton. I'm with Lucky on this one.
I wasn't disagreeing so much as I was interpreting the score.
Old 06-26-2006   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Offseason ratings and ranking are pointless really.

The Texans will be a top 12 rushing team this year... bank on it.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #10
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

It should be no suprise to anybody that doesnt live on the east coast that we get absolutely NO love from ESPN. We should be rated A LOT higher than 22.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic
It should be no suprise to anybody that doesnt live on the east coast that we get absolutely NO love from ESPN. We should be rated A LOT higher than 22.
Should we be getting love from anyone? We were the worst team in football last season...
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #12
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I wasn't disagreeing so much as I was interpreting the score.
I know what your saying. I'm just saying that I think we should be higher on the rankings. Basically we are very underrated and I it doesn't really deserve to be any different like TexanSam and sprtsfanatic said.
Old 06-26-2006   #13
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Should we be getting love from anyone? We were the worst team in football last season...
No, but rational thinking alone would put us higher than 22...but given the bias that espn has it really should not surprise anyone like I stated before.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #14
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I hate to burst the bubble, but as of right now I think that's actually accurate. Our starter is unable to run, Morrency isn't A) fitting the system right now B) healthy. Smith is the only one that has experience and I can't truthfully say he can come close to the performance DD would put up. The rookies might surprise, but considering the situation at RB I can't say they are too far off the mark. Once TC begins we should get a better idea, but right now we aren't for sure. Also about Sherman coaching the line, yes it should be a big improvement however Sherman never learned the system from Gibbs and Kubiak may not know all the nuances and considering the size of the line we currently have I find it hard to believe we will run the same thing as Denver or Atlanta, a variation of the scheme for sure, but along with variations in schemes comes variations in results. I would not expect the same results as a Denver or Atlanta line just yet.

Once the season begins I hope I'm wrong, but if the situation stays the same, then I don't think top 10 will be attainable.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

It's not really a prediction of who will finish #1 etc. in rushing offense, it was a ranking of how secure/certain their rushing games are, and with Domanick's injury history and somewhat little known players at the rest of our RB spots I can't blame them for putting us that low. I think our rushing offense will rank a lot higher than 22nd, but I agree for the most part with their assessment in the context they were talking about.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #16
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I don't disagree with you, but quite a few of our rushing yards in the past have been gained by our QB. This IMO makes our running game look better than it really has been on paper.
Old 06-26-2006   #17
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

They also all agreed (the NFL Live guys) that they love Domanick Davis and that our rushing attack could definantely be alot better than 22nd this year. I dont think it really means anything, but I always like hearing the Texans name spoken on TV every once in awhile.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #18
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Thanks for saving me the trouble. We will finish top 15 easily, barring catastrophic injury.
Old 06-26-2006   #19
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Better football thru chemistry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
I hate to burst the bubble, but as of right now I think that's actually accurate. Our starter is unable to run, Morrency isn't A) fitting the system right now B) healthy. Smith is the only one that has experience and I can't truthfully say he can come close to the performance DD would put up. The rookies might surprise, but considering the situation at RB I can't say they are too far off the mark. Once TC begins we should get a better idea, but right now we aren't for sure. Also about Sherman coaching the line, yes it should be a big improvement however Sherman never learned the system from Gibbs and Kubiak may not know all the nuances and considering the size of the line we currently have I find it hard to believe we will run the same thing as Denver or Atlanta, a variation of the scheme for sure, but along with variations in schemes comes variations in results. I would not expect the same results as a Denver or Atlanta line just yet.

Once the season begins I hope I'm wrong, but if the situation stays the same, then I don't think top 10 will be attainable.
I have to partially agree with that but...

I think the key is going to be the O-Line, specifically if they can develop good chemistry this season. It's often been said on these boards that Kubiak wants backs that make the one cut and run... not shake and bake all over the field. His scheme seems to be, the line will open a hole my granny can run through... and she's dead. (I would hope even our rookies can run better than she does.) So hopefully, the guys up front will know each other's moves, strengths and weaknesses early on in the season and be able to adjust quickly and give poor ole granny a chance. I also see a big positive in the fact Carr will have more targets for short passes this year including (Dare I say it?) TE's. LB's will have to respect that and this year not all storm the line still leaving Andre in double or triple coverage. So hopefully we will not be seeing run plays every time on first and second downs and a sack (coverage or otherwise) on third. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we may have the right personel to have success with a lot of draw plays this year. But again, the line has to hold up for much of anything good to happen. So I will admit it... Reggie Bushes are fun to watch and interceptions are exciting, but I am one of those that believe football games are won in the trenches (both O-Line and D-Line). If our O-Line can give Carr some time to do something other than run for his life, and our D-Line can keep the opposing QB from having time to take a nap I think with a little luck, which I think we are due after last year, we may be in the hunt for a wildcard this year. (9 and 7 or 10 and 6, beat Titans twice, Jax twice or split, and split with the Colts.) Let's just hope the lines are as good on the field as they seem on paper. Hopefully, the opposing teams early on will read ESPN and take us lightly, and by the time we have some respect we will up to it. It would really be great to be the Cinderella Team this year, so all you magic faries start waving your wands and you big guys up front... GET NASTY!!
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #20
TexanSoldier
Rookie

Um, I know I'm a "rookie" poster, but I'm one of the idiots who actually paid for INsider, and I'd like to see the link before I take any of this seriously. I don't care how bad our record was last year, the "experts" know we had a semi-decent rushing attack and with the addition of Kube, I doubt ESPN would rate us that low. JMHO
TexanSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read