Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-26-2006   #1
jmerog
Veteran

Default Well call me a homer but..

I am extremely happy anout the things I am hearing out of David Carr. He just finished with an interview on 610am and said some good things.

-He said Kubiak is giving him alot of QB tips and tricks to recognise coverages and quickly make descisions.
-He is being expected to learn volumes and is being held accountable by Kubiak.
_Andre is running better, faster, more aggressive routes with deternination and attitude.
-Everone has a chip -he said 'they are pissed'
-said our new rookie tackle stood up to Mario. he said it was a stand-off on the line.

the interview is on going.

someone who can write please post more
Old 06-26-2006   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

As you wish,

You are a homer!

Glad I could oblige you.
Old 06-26-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for sharing Jmerog. Good to hear that guys are p.o.'d about last year. People are motivated by different things, but if you cannot be motivated by what failure tastes, looks, feels, smells and sounds like then you do not belong in anything that rewards success.
Old 06-26-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The players do seem to have a far more aggressive, winning attitude this off-season

I was talking to a player a couple of weeks ago and I told him what I wanted for Christmas this year was our first win over the Colts on December 24th. He replied, "What's wrong with September 17th?" And there I was, thinking about home field advantage. I liked hearing that response!

Our conversation turned to how Kubiak has motivated the team and has them believing in themselves, not just through speeches but also by providing a coaching staff that is making the players better at their jobs.
Old 06-26-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good stuff to hear. Beyond 2-14, they should be pissed at 19-45 and the fact that this franchise has never had a winning record.

I'm actually looking forward to pre-season this year. Beyond such a freakin' long off-season getting over, I really want to see the fire and attitude more than anything else. If people are fighting for their jobs, there should be plenty of aggression out there. Which is something we really haven't seen in quite awhile on our Texans teams lately.
Old 06-26-2006   #6
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Thanks for sharing Jmerog. Good to hear that guys are p.o.'d about last year. People are motivated by different things, but if you cannot be motivated by what failure tastes, looks, feels, smells and sounds like then you do not belong in anything that rewards success.

What's supposed to happen to Beck and the Butthole Surfers then?
Old 06-26-2006   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Good stuff to hear. Beyond 2-14, they should be pissed at 19-45 and the fact that this franchise has never had a winning record.
I don't think the team had anything to be ashamed of the 1st 3 seasons. Well, maybe the Cleveland game in '04. Last season's performance would have been embarrassing for an 1st year expansion team.
Old 06-26-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters

What's supposed to happen to Beck and the Butthole Surfers then?
They were motivated to make a song and consequently profited off of their failure unbeknownst to their market.
Old 06-26-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I don't think the team had anything to be ashamed of the 1st 3 seasons. Well, maybe the Cleveland game in '04. Last season's performance would have been embarrassing for an 1st year expansion team.
Perhaps, man. But we are the first modern franchise to not have at least one winning season (much less playoff appearance) in our first four years of existence. There is definitely not much to be proud of in our short history.

And I never said "ashamed". My choice of words was "pissed".
Old 06-26-2006   #10
SESupergenius

I was never more P O'd than going into the start of preseason last year. I knew this team was going to be in complete shambles. Aside from all the homer writings of late from the Cron and this website, I do see a different pattern in putting a good product on the field. We still don't have the talent level to make the playoffs and I give a little cushion to a new coaching staff, new players and new schemes for us to finish in the 5-11, 6-10 range, but to me I still am totally excited on what we should see out of this team, especially the offense.
Old 06-26-2006   #11
ClintonPortis26
Rookie

David Carr is going to be a beast, I don't know whats up with Texans fans. Everybody in America thinks David Carr can be a franchise QB except Texans fans.
Old 06-26-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonPortis26
David Carr is going to be a beast, I don't know whats up with Texans fans. Everybody in America thinks David Carr can be a franchise QB except Texans fans.
There are many reasons - some logical, some not so logical. It'll be interesting to watch him play this year, to say the least.

Familiarity breeds contempt - Mark Twain
Old 06-26-2006   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerog
I am extremely happy anout the things I am hearing out of David Carr. He just finished with an interview on 610am and said some good things.

-He said Kubiak is giving him alot of QB tips and tricks to recognise coverages and quickly make descisions.
_Andre is running better, faster, more aggressive routes with deternination and attitude.
-said our new rookie tackle stood up to Mario. he said it was a stand-off on the line.

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone have anymore info about who stood up to Mario, was it Spencer? What else was said about this, I would like to hear more of the story.
Old 06-26-2006   #14
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Was it Spencer or Winston?

Thanks for posting the summary dude.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #15
real

I believe it was spencer...this topic was mentioned in another thread
Old 06-26-2006   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
I believe it was spencer...this topic was mentioned in another thread
That's kind of a good news, bad news thing. Good Spencer could stand up and bad that Mario didn't blow by. If it's just a time or two that's one thing, but if he constantly holds him out, that is a whole nother thing.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Until the hitting is live, blocking anyone should be taken with a grain.....football is a physical sport, take out the physical part and you don't have much. We really won't know much till the end of next month.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #18
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Though I believe Carr is a decent enough QB, I could care less what somebody says. Words don't put one point on the scoreboard or complete one pass or gain one first down. The time for talking stopped a long, long time ago. I'm not impressed by words spoken to geeky, laptop-laden reporters.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #19
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There is a segment of posters here who continually berate Carr..

Many of the Texan fans here, including this poster, believe that Carr will be an exceptional qb when given the opportunity .
That just has not happened up to this point.

The crow population will be an endangered species when this season plays itself out.

Makes for interesting banter while we await the season.

Old 06-26-2006   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Easy to say wait and see when its not your team your waiting on.....Man, that Jason Campbell is the next Dan Marino....you ought to play that guy every down no matter what!

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read