Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Are you rooting for Vince Young?
Yes 30 33.71%
No 59 66.29%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are you rooting for Vince Young?

Are you? I never cared much for UT football so that doesn't really play into my decision. Even if I was, I would have a hard time rooting for the Titans, even with a Houstonian and an ex-Longhorn being the QB. So I say no. Maybe some of you will root for him when he's not playing the Texans. Some of you probably aren't. I hope he stays healthy and has a terrible career! I'm just not a Titans fan.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yes i am rooting for him all the way, but im a huge UT fan.
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I love UT, and I'm probably going to go there, but I'm rooting for VY to fail miserably. Why? He plays for the enemy...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #4
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a UT fan or a Titan fan so I don't really care how he does.......
Old 06-25-2006   #5
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl was the best to come out of UT. I like A&M a whole lot more. I really dislike the Titans. Nothing against Young. I.m just not sure how he is going to do in the NFL. Might turn into a running back or wide reciever. QB is another story.
Old 06-25-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

No, I'm not rooting for Vince Young. And it has nothing to do with him being a Longhorn or Vince Young (I think he's a great player and a nice guy).

But my attitude of not rooting for him has everything to do with the fact that he's now an enemy of the Houston Texans. How could I possibly root for a Tennessee Titan, under any circumstance?
Old 06-25-2006   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like UT and I certainly don't like the Titans. I am not rooting for Vince Young. He will probably be a good QB, but I will never never never cheer for the Titans or any of their players.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-25-2006   #8
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Big UT fan, but college is college and pro is pro. I just can't root for a titan.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #9
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

He plays for the Titans. Need I say more?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I could care less what college he played for! I hope he eats dirt everytime he puts on a Titan uni!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is a Titan right?...............
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #12
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I am personally not rooting for him. While I could never really wish serious injury of big-time failure on a player, I am not a UT fan, Vince plays for the Titans, and the couple times I have seen/met Vince in person he was not especially cordial, so I have no reason to root for his success from a football or personal standpoint, althoug I can't say I hope he turns into a colossal failure in this league, except when he plays us.

Hopefully my feeling on him turns out like Brett Favre, he ends up being a good player, I respect him as a player, but I don't like his team and don't particularly like him personally so I don't root for their success, but I still admire their talent.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a Titan now right?.......then, well NO.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince ? Vince Young ? Who's that ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #15
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

A true Texan fan would never root for a Titan...unless they need to defeat the Colts or Jaguars in order for us to clinch a playoff spot....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #16
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I guess I can see the Vince Young fans in college following him and rooting him, but there's no way I will ever root for Vince Young.
Old 06-25-2006   #17
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

While I am a Longhorns fan and a fan of Vince Young and hopes that he does well. I Hope even more that the TEXANS do even better again the titans. why? Because then it would quiet alot of people down on all of the Vince followers.
Old 06-25-2006   #18
mapleleaf
Veteran

Oh heck ya. I'm a UT fan, and not only that VY is kinda like my role model, and he's my favorite player. But I am not rooting for his team the Tennessee Titans though.
Old 06-25-2006   #19
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

In a word, no.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #20
Vinnie333
Rookie

i have been a VY fan for a long time now. I am only going to be rooting for him when he is not playing the texans. However, when he IS playing the texans i hope he has a great game, yet the texans still win.

I actually went to Vince Young's going away party last night at Fox Sports Bar and Grill and had a great experience. Vince took the time to come out of the VIP section and walk amongst us little people. He signed anything and everything that people shoved in his face and was always sporting a smile. I have a newfound respect for him. He showed me how great of a guy he really is. So in short, Yes I am rooting for him.
Vinnie333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read