Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-23-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Kubiak vs US

We have been thinking we are worried about the RB position and DD. Out comes a statement from Kubiak that he thinks we have a really talented group of young men at RB. We think we have problems with our CB's and Kubiak thinks we have a talented group of young men and thinks PBUS will be just fine. Many feel we are not done in FA. Perhaps anything that is done will be a surprise.

If you take the view that the Titans and NO are trying to hold us up that just might be the case. Since the end of OTA's there certainly hasn't been much information flowing through to the public, but the public has been speculating a lot. May be the Texans are happy with what they have seen so far and want to see some pad work before making any moves. It appears we still haven't signed anyone other than Mario from the draft. Once that is out of the way they would more likely know what's left in the tank.

Basically it appears to me the Texans feel they are set with adequate players at every position. I think we will only make a move that brings in obvious talent. For example, I suspect if Ty Law suddently said I would like to be a Texan we probably would entertain the thought as he would be an upgrade. Perhapes the back from the Bears would be an upgrade. I think from this point forward any money grabber - if I may use that word loosely - will have to be considered an upgrade. I don't think we will pay for someone who isn't.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they should send scouts to more bowling alleys

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006   #3
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I think they should send scouts to more bowling alleys
Yep, they might find someone better than BJ.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

With 90 somethin' players on our current roster, I sure hope they've got some players on there that can step up! We'll cut about half of them by the beginning of the season, so this pre-season will probably be the most interesting one we've had to date.

I think Coach Kubiak's attitude is right on track with the Denver model, believing that a good, solid o-line with a decent RB can produce a consistent running game more than a single superstar could.
Old 06-23-2006   #5
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
With 90 somethin' players on our current roster, I sure hope they've got some players on there that can step up! We'll cut about half of them by the beginning of the season, so this pre-season will probably be the most interesting one we've had to date.

I think Coach Kubiak's attitude is right on track with the Denver model, believing that a good, solid o-line with a decent RB can produce a consistent running game more than a single superstar could.
I think it is safe to say that there will be a slew of LBs cut before the season, we have so many of them and only so many seem to have a viable chance at PT. I think we cut Terry Pierce already, so there will be probably a few more released.

I wonder how serious the team is with the two veteran lineman we brought in... Salaam and Loverne. With Winston and Spencer waiting in the wings, I bet one of the vets is out, probably Loverne.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read