Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-22-2006   #1
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Default Interesting insight about the Team overall

This is the first place I have seen the whole team looked at and was interesting reading. There is much to read here, but I think it is worth it and looks up-to-date. I use this site for my Fantasy football season.

http://footballguys.com/06teamreport-htx.php
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of it looked OK, but does anyone see anything wrong here?

Offensive Line
Projected Starters: RT Zach Weigert, RG Steve McKinney, C Mike Flanagan, LG Charles Spencer (rookie), LT Seth Wand
Key Backups: Ephraim Salaam, Todd Wade, Eric Winston (rookie), Chester Pitts

Defensive Line
Starters: DE Anthony Weaver, DT Robaire Smith, DT Travis Johnson, DE Mario Williams
Backups: DE
Jason Babin, DE Antwan Peek, DT Seth Payne, DE N.D. Kalu
Old 06-22-2006   #3
trane
Rookie

Default Possible Mistakes In Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfan Blue and Orange
This is the first place I have seen the whole team looked at and was interesting reading. There is much to read here, but I think it is worth it and looks up-to-date. I use this site for my Fantasy football season.

http://footballguys.com/06teamreport-htx.php
Chester Pitts will start at left guard.
Travis Johnson will not start.
I think Ryans will beat out Orr and start at middle linebacker.
P Buc may eventually start but is not the starter now.
Isn't Mike Sherman the OL coach?
trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #4
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

"Derick Armstrong really disappointed in 2005 with only 9 catches for 115 yards."

? Where does that come from? ?

I mean, did you see our passing game last year? And when was he ever on the field? They rarely threw the ball to begin with. Seems kind of harsh for a 4th, 5th string WR.
Old 06-22-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Travis Johnson's going to beat out Seth Payne?

Good post, Bearfan.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by trane
I think Ryans will beat out Orr and start at middle linebacker.
They projected Orr at SLB not MLB--the order was just whacked.
Old 06-22-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Travis Johnson's going to beat out Seth Payne?
Well when you state Payne "only had 4 sacks" and ignore that came from the NT position on 1st and 2nd down only basically and that Walker, Johnson and Smith combined for 3.5 sacks then this is the result you get.

Quote:
"Derick Armstrong really disappointed in 2005 with only 9 catches for 115 yards."
Of course they omitted that he was only targeted 12 times.
Old 06-22-2006   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

OurLads.com has Travis Johnson as the starter as well:

Link
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

There seems to be a lot of confusion out there caused by the switch from 3-4 to 4-3. I remember somthing about Babin on that page saying that he lost his position last year, but that totally ignores that his position wasn't DE yet in the first place. Of course, we don't know how much or how little he'll play anyway.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #10
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

It is early and a projection. Projections change from day to day, week to week. I know we have stronger sources on this MB at the practices and hear first hand the news.

I thought is was just interesting from a fantasy football point of view.

:brickwall
Old 06-22-2006   #11
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Well when you state Payne "only had 4 sacks" and ignore that came from the NT position on 1st and 2nd down only basically and that Walker, Johnson and Smith combined for 3.5 sacks then this is the result you get.

Of course they omitted that he was only targeted 12 times.
Yes, but I think they probably projected him to be target more when he had 29 receptions the year before.
Old 06-22-2006   #12
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
To eventually replace Bruener, the team drafted Owen Daniels at the top of the fourth round. Daniels has torn his left ACL twice and needs work in both facets of his craft.
hmm.. sounds like another TE we draft with injury problems... I know that they didnt draft Joppru with injuries like that.. I jus hope its the opposite with Daniels, has injury problemsin college but stays injury free in the nfl.
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

New article...that makes it good this time of year. Bad article in that it critiqued players without giving a full accounting. :brickwall
Old 06-22-2006   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfan Blue and Orange
Yes, but I think they probably projected him to be target more when he had 29 receptions the year before.
How can you "project" after the fact?He was targeted 12 times, had 9 receptions. That is a fact not a projection. You can only blame the reciever for so much. How do you factor 68 sacks into the "projected" status 6 months after the season ends? I feel he's a good receiver, but you have to have the ball thrown at you to prove or disprove that.
Old 06-22-2006   #15
Texans86
All Pro

I think it's actually a pretty fair article. The questionable line-ups on DL and OL were simply the projections of the writers. I'm not sure if Spencer can beat out Pitts for a starting spot, but anything is possible. And I would be thrilled if TJ can beat out Payne to start but it means little on the DL. They will be switching in and out often enough that the title means little. Overall, not too bad for the middle of the offseason and not a lot of practice to get information from.
Old 06-22-2006   #16
AFD1717
Veteran

I thought it was a pretty good article. Pitts will not be a backup and I don't get the part about the Rams O-Line coach coming in, but as far as the D-line and LBs go it is too early to pick starters and they will all play quite a bit. I don't have much of a problem with that.
Old 06-22-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting article...but my source says that none of the starting lineup has been determined at this point.
Old 06-22-2006   #18
Tex Trenches
Veteran

I am going to interview Owen Daniels tomorrow. I should have his comments posted here between 6-8pm.
Old 06-23-2006   #19
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Some of it looked OK, but does anyone see anything wrong here?

Offensive Line
Projected Starters: RT Zach Weigert, RG Steve McKinney, C Mike Flanagan, LG Charles Spencer (rookie), LT Seth Wand
Key Backups: Ephraim Salaam, Todd Wade, Eric Winston (rookie), Chester Pitts

Defensive Line
Starters: DE Anthony Weaver, DT Robaire Smith, DT Travis Johnson, DE Mario Williams
Backups: DE
Jason Babin, DE Antwan Peek, DT Seth Payne, DE N.D. Kalu
Yep. They also made some errors in my opinion with their analysis of the TE situation and with the receivers. Every article I've seen has had some nice things to say about this team but most of them are behind on changes the team has made or changes to the readiness of particular player. That's a good thing. I'm all for all of the publications missing important information. The more we are overlooked, the better.
bayoudreamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

This was updated in May so it isn't a bad piece for a fantasy football site. I participate on their board and they have a decent staff and do competent work for the most part.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read