Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What Scenario Is more likely to happen???
David Carr:25+ TD's 19 13.29%
DD: rushes for 1300 yards 35 24.48%
A.J: 15 rec. TD's 4 2.80%
D.Rob: 6 INT's 14 9.79%
By the end of yr: Top 12 ranked offense 14 9.79%
By the end of the Year: Top 15 ranked Defense 27 18.88%
Jerome Mathis: 3 KR for TD 3 2.10%
Offensive Line: under 35 Sacks 27 18.88%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2006   #1
real

Talking More Likely to Happen...

Which of the scenarios listed above do you think is most likely to happen ? And Why ?

Last edited by real; 06-22-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-22-2006   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I give. What?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone is going to post asking most likely to happen between what?

Oops. Just did.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #4
Tex Trenches
Veteran

maybe maybe no
Old 06-22-2006   #5
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35666 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked the defense going up in the ranks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense close behind. Overall, I see a huge improvement at both ends of the football

santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I voted DD rushing, but meant to click on AJ scoring 15 rec. td's. :/
Old 06-22-2006   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

DD needs to stay healthy first.

If AJ gets 15 TD's then I am sure Moulds, Putzier, DD, Walters, Mathis and Armstrong could scrape 10 amongst themselves. IMO.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good poll, man! tough one, too!

I picked "Offensive Line: under 35 Sacks", because it's probably the one that I'm most hopeful will happen. After four seasons and 205 sacks, I'm sick of watching our QB take a pounding game after game.
Old 06-22-2006   #9
real

I picked D.Carr 25 TD's...With our revamped Offense i think He can have a special season...
Old 06-22-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I voted for the sacks one, although I can see several of them coming true:

1) Carr throwing for 25+ TDs could definitely happen, largely depends on how much they throw vs. run in the red zone.
2) Davis running for 1300 yards I don't really see happening, even with Kubiak's system I have my doubts that he can stay healthy for that kind of production, and I think they will not hesitate to give Davis ample rest and run with our other RBs, which will inevitably take away from Davis' yards.
3) A.J. 15 receiving TDs isn't very likely, as good as he is 15 receiving TDs is quite a rare feat and I doubt we throw the ball enough for one guy to get that many TDs.
4) D-Rob 6 INTs is not overly likely either. It is very difficult to guess how many INTs someone will end up with, and I doubt opposing QBs will throw the ball in Dunta's direction very much at all until we can get a better #2 CB opposite him. As long as Petey and PBuch are playing with Dunta I don't see Dunta getting thrown at more than 2-3 times a game and getting more than 3-4 INTs for a season.
5) Top 12 offense is a little too lofty of an expectation for me, I can see top 21 or so and getting out of the bottom 1/3 of the league but I don't see getting in the top 1/3 yet.
6) Top 15 defense is also a little too lofty of an expectation. Likewise I can see us getting into the top 21 or so but not quite this high. Both of these will be contingent on each other though, a high-ranking offense likely means our defense is being kept off the field a decent amount and is being effective when it is on the field and vice versa. These two characteristics are ideally not independent of each other.
7) Jerome Mathis 3 KR TD. Not sure he'll be healthy for enough of the year for this to happen. I would love to see it but I don't know.
8) Offensive line under 35 sacks. I definitely expect this to happen. I think we will run the ball much more effectively which will help us move the ball and avoid obvious passing situations and I think we will have a much better offensive scheme which will do likewise and give Carr more options to do something with the ball.

Last edited by MorKnolle; 06-22-2006 at 02:22 PM.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #11
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Dunta and the 6 INT's. More pressure on the QB should hopefully produce more turnovers for the defense and this guy should be in the middle of all that.
Old 06-22-2006   #12
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for DD hitting over 1300 yds. The only "if" (and it's a big one) is if he can stay healthy for 13+ games. If he can he'll get it.

Good poll though. Makes you think.
Old 06-22-2006   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's specialty is offense so I'm looking forward to an improved offense in general that will rank close to the top 10. I think the defense will improve but we have lot's of new players on defense and we're young on that side of the ball. With veterans like Moulds, Flanagan, Putzier, and the returning cast I think we should see a much improved offense.
Old 06-22-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think they can all happen. I think the OL only allowing 35 sacks will be the easiest thing to happen this year after how much we improved it and Mike Sherman and all.
Old 06-22-2006   #15
fan no matter what
Rookie

Default great points

i think everyone has great points and it looks like we all agree that we are a much improved team overall. i cant wait for the season to start.
fan no matter what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #16
real

No takers on Mathis' three kr for TD ?
Old 06-22-2006   #17
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it bad that i dont think ANY of it is going to happen?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #18
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Is it bad that i dont think ANY of it is going to happen?
Nope. I think they are all pretty lofty goals given last years performance.

I went with Top 15 defense. I think the transition to the 4-3 along with the additions of Weaver, DeMeco, and that Mario feller will pay dividends right away.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #19
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

i picked DD 1300 yards because he got 1000 yards with a horrible line as a rookie and with an improved line he could do it IF healthy
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for the O-line giving up less than 35 sacks. With the new talent and better coaching, I think that's easily achievable. I almost voted for DD rushing for over 1300 yards, but he always seems to be hurt (not out of games, but nicked up a lot more than other players).
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read