Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-21-2006   #1
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83
Default June 21 ESPN Power Rankings

Here.

Everyone always bashes power rankings, and I agree they're worthless, but it gives us a good gauge of the national outlook on our team. We're 30/32, so based on last year's record, we're 2 spots higher than we should be. Looks like some writers at ESPN still haven't come to grips that Mario was the better choice for us.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
Looks like some writers at ESPN still haven't come to grips that Mario was the better choice for us.
That's annoying for me. Mario will improve our team better than Reggie would.

Otherwise we'd probably be up at about 22 or 23.
Old 06-21-2006   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't surprise me. I don't necessarily agree with the rankings, but I can understand why they've got us so low. We get no respect, nor do we deserve any at this point. You earn respect in the NFL by winning games. And we have yet to win more than we lose in a season. These rankings (and lack of respect) are a reflection of that attitude.

Personally, I think we're somewhere in the 15-20 range at this point, but that's only blind optimistic speculation on my part.
Old 06-21-2006   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Personally, I think we're somewhere in the 15-20 range at this point, but that's only blind optimistic speculation on my part.
That's all we have at the moment, keep that speculation coming!
Old 06-21-2006   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see us being at number 30. We had the worst team in the league right now, and even with our offseason moves, until we actually win games we are still going to be ranked at the bottom.

On a different note. If Domanick Davis can't stay healthy, it sure would have been nice seeing Bush as a Texan. I'm a Mario Williams fan, don't get me wrong, but without DD, running back would be a need position.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Optimistic and Realistic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
It doesn't surprise me. I don't necessarily agree with the rankings, but I can understand why they've got us so low. We get no respect, nor do we deserve any at this point. You earn respect in the NFL by winning games. And we have yet to win more than we lose in a season. These rankings (and lack of respect) are a reflection of that attitude.

I agree DB with everything you said here. I guess I'm blind too!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
without DD, running back would be a need position.
I disagree. Morency did excellent last year when he was filling in for DD and Wells. Also, we did snag up Antowain Smith, who picked up a couple SB rings with the Pats. I love DD as much as all of us.... but we have reliable backups. It's always nice to have an injury-immune starter.... but things dont come easy for us Texans.
Old 06-21-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good put us at #32, we will sneak up on people.............Hey people we suck, dont study hard Okay
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I can see us being at number 30. We had the worst team in the league right now, and even with our offseason moves, until we actually win games we are still going to be ranked at the bottom.

On a different note. If Domanick Davis can't stay healthy, it sure would have been nice seeing Bush as a Texan. I'm a Mario Williams fan, don't get me wrong, but without DD, running back would be a need position.

Bush is not a Denver style back. A Denver back does not require breakaway speed. They don't require the ability to juke defenders in the backfield. Could they use him? Sure.

But why spend that much money at the running back position, if you can get a cheaper back to do the stuff you want to do in your system? Especially when last year's defense was dog dirt and needed help switching to the 4-3.
Old 06-22-2006   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont care about these rankings put together by some media type . Not like they know a d@&* thing about football anyway . They have to write something ....

Talk to me come week 17 and we'll see where we stand .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #11
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
YEAH we need to earn the respect to go up in rankings, but with espn they do not like any Texas teams. :brickwall
They like the Cowboys plenty.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #12
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
They like the Cowboys plenty.

No they like Jerry Jones and Terrel Owens (TerrelOwens.com)
Old 06-22-2006   #13
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

I just don't see any "shockers" here. This poll looks like something a pandering politician would put out there to get votes...

My guess is that the author is selling a list under the label of "power" which offers the same value to the reader that "new or improved" claims offer in dishwasher soap.

(or perhaps he is trying to dump his timeshare in Seatle, not sure which)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read