Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: which one game do we HAVE to win
Philly - because it's the opener 16 12.50%
Indy - either one, to get that off our backs 20 15.63%
Dallas - just because of Jerrah and the boys 73 57.03%
Tennessee - preferably when VY starts 16 12.50%
Cleveland - to close the year with a win this time 1 0.78%
NY Giants (or Jets) - to show the media what's up 1 0.78%
Oakland - just to smack around the black hole 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2006   #1
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default "gotta win this one" slow month poll

If there was one game this regular season we just HAVE to win... (and you only get one selection) which one would it be?

edit... added the poll (some of ya are quick)

Last edited by OzzO; 06-19-2006 at 05:53 PM.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #2
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

At home against the Colts...
Old 06-19-2006   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
If there was one game this regular season we just HAVE to win... (and you only get one selection) which one would it be?
The one game a year I go to. I have managed to go to one game a year and have watched them lose each!

2002: FLaming Thumbtacks
2003:Indy
2004: browns
2005:Jags

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Beat the Cowboys. If it is the only thing they do, beat the freakin' Cowboys!
Old 06-19-2006   #5
Tex Trenches
Veteran

I agree.
Old 06-19-2006   #6
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I put Tennessee, but only IF Vince starts. Otherwise, it's the Cowboys with honorable mention to the Eagles game.
Old 06-19-2006   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Got to have the opener, have to have it.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2006   #8
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Without a doubt, hands down, no brainer, insert other tired cliche here ______.

Dallas fans here in San Antonio acted like last years pre-season game was the freakin' Super Bowl. We only play these jokers when it counts once every four years. The World Cup, Oylmpics, Winter Olympics etc are all four year events. This carries more weight with me than all these other events combined. (but hey, I'm a Texan )

The sting of "19-10" has worn off a bit, its time to smack 'em again.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 349460 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Hear, hear!

Gotta be the Cowboys.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #10
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan
Without a doubt, hands down, no brainer, insert other tired cliche here ______.

Dallas fans here in San Antonio acted like last years pre-season game was the freakin' Super Bowl. We only play these jokers when it counts once every four years. The World Cup, Oylmpics, Winter Olympics etc are all four year events. This carries more weight with me than all these other events combined. (but hey, I'm a Texan )

The sting of "19-10" has worn off a bit, its time to smack 'em again.
Couldn't say it any better than that Stan.
Old 06-19-2006   #11
amazingandre
All Pro

OPENER have to put confidence in the boys so they can be even more pumped to beat indy following philly!!!!!!!!!!!!
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 171756 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no bigger game then an in state game. Its competition between siblings, you put everything into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #13
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Opener you always want to start off the season with a win and get some momentum going.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #14
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
Couldn't say it any better than that Stan.
Speaking of Cowboy fans…

My boss is a huge Cowboy fan, and has a ton of collectibles in his office. His prized possession is an unopened Pepsi bottle from the 70’s commemorating the Cowboys Super Bowl win against the Dolphins. I scouted Ebay for a while and found the exact bottle (empty of course) and I bought it. I had one of our workers call him out of his office to distract him and I hid his Pepsi bottle. I took the empty bottle, filled it with fresh Pespi. When he came back, the bottle was half empty, and I asked him “Dang, this Pepsi is FLAT! What is it, old or somthin’?

He panicked, looked at the spot where his bottle used to be and let out a forlorn “You DIDN’T!” Everyone that had gathered around was busting up laughing, and I gave him back his unopened bottle.

My review stunk that year, but it was worth it.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #15
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys , I want the Kinky errr Governor's Cup in Houston!
Old 06-19-2006   #16
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Gotta be the 'Boys game, because it's a battle for Texas. Texas pride and braggin' rights yo. Oh...and quick side note. Hopin' everyone is OK after that huge amount of rainfall and the more that is going to be there. Take care.
Old 06-19-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan
Speaking of Cowboy fans…

My boss is a huge Cowboy fan, and has a ton of collectibles in his office. His prized possession is an unopened Pepsi bottle from the 70’s commemorating the Cowboys Super Bowl win against the Dolphins. I scouted Ebay for a while and found the exact bottle (empty of course) and I bought it. I had one of our workers call him out of his office to distract him and I hid his Pepsi bottle. I took the empty bottle, filled it with fresh Pespi. When he came back, the bottle was half empty, and I asked him “Dang, this Pepsi is FLAT! What is it, old or somthin’?

He panicked, looked at the spot where his bottle used to be and let out a forlorn “You DIDN’T!” Everyone that had gathered around was busting up laughing, and I gave him back his unopened bottle.

My review stunk that year, but it was worth it.
LMAO!! Good one! As a practical joker myelf, major kudos to you, man!
Old 06-19-2006   #18
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

For obvious reasons it has to be the Cowboys game, but I think it is pretty important to start out the season good with a win vs. Philly.
Old 06-19-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowpies

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #20
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowgirls game.

If we go 1-15, but beat the Cowboys, it would hurt less than last year's 2-14 effort...slightly...

I can't say that for any other game on the schedule.

Last edited by ensign_lee; 06-19-2006 at 09:18 PM.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read