Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Santonio Holmes arrested again

texan279

Hall of Fame
Former Buckeye Arrested

http://www.wtvn.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=118673&article=522445

Former Buckeye Santonio Holmes has been arrested by Columbus police on a domestic violence charge.

Former Ohio State wide receiver Santonio Holmes was arrested and jailed over the Father's Day weekend on a domestic violence charge.

Police say they were called to a residence on the city's Westside late Sunday night on a domestic violence complaint. The number one draft pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers was taken into custody a short time later.

Police are currently releasing no further details on what Holmes's is alledged to have done.

Holmes also has a court appearance pending from an incident in Miami, Florida. He was arrested there on May 28 for misdemeanor disorderly conduct. Police say Holmes became verbally abusive to an officer who had told him to stop standing in the middle of a street.

texan279

Hall of Fame
from www.kffl.com

Steelers | More on Holmes' arrest
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 05:46:49 -0700

Wpxi.com reports Pittsburgh Steelers rookie WR Santonio Holmes has been charged with one count of domestic violence and two counts of assault for an incident that occurred early Monday morning, June 19, in Columbus, Ohio. As noted earlier, he will appear in court Tuesday, June 20.

awtysst

Draft Guru
Is there an epidemic going through the NFL right now? We have a certain Bengals WR( who i will not name) who has been arrested 4 times, we have Santonio getting arrested for the second time, and we have athletes injuring themselves in ways that could have been prevented.

texan279

Hall of Fame
LINK

Fresh off his arrest in Columbus on misdemeanor domestic-violence charges (his second arrest in less than a month), former Ohio State star receiver Santonio Holmes has surely cost himself major money as the Pittsburgh Steelers' No. 1 pick. You can bet, for instance, that when Holmes does sign with the Steelers, he'll get a far smaller signing bonus than he might have, and the team could also stretch out the payments (to protect itself if Holmes goofs up again). But while Holmes clearly deserves the lion's share of blame, his reps should get some, too: It shouldn't take IQ masters to realize that the two places Holmes should have stayed farthest from were the very two spots where he was arrested - Miami Beach (with its trouble-attracting nightlife) and Columbus (where Holmes is surrounded by distractions, temptations and moochers). Holmes has pleaded not guilty to the domestic-violence charge.

mike moffat

All Pro
awtysst said:
Is there an epidemic going through the NFL right now? We have a certain Bengals WR( who i will not name) who has been arrested 4 times, we have Santonio getting arrested for the second time, and we have athletes injuring themselves in ways that could have been prevented.
This is nothing new, pal. For many years, athletes feel that they answer to nobody. Warren Moon being an example...Domestic violence...spousal abuse. You may be too young to remember when Dan Pastorini was racing boats. He was at an event and was drunk. He drove his boat into the crowd. If my memory is correct, he either killed a woman, or she was injured severely. He was, "sorry". He was drunk! John Q. Public would have served time in prison. Not Pastorini. He was an NFL star.
Welcome to the world of the priviledged.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
mike moffat said:
This is nothing new, pal. For many years, athletes feel that they answer to nobody. Warren Moon being an example...Domestic violence...spousal abuse. You may be too young to remember when Dan Pastorini was racing boats. He was at an event and was drunk. He drove his boat into the crowd. If my memory is correct, he either killed a woman, or she was injured severely. He was, "sorry". He was drunk! John Q. Public would have served time in prison. Not Pastorini. He was an NFL star.
Welcome to the world of the priviledged.

Per Texan279 Warren Moon was acquitted.

texan279

Hall of Fame
I found this on Dan Pastorini at a racing forum...

Actually it was before, he ran a Blown Fuel Jet boat in the early '80s, had an engine let go at a race, I believe somewhere in TX, lost steering and went up on the bank, know at least 1 fatality and several injured, remember hearing he was pretty torn up about it emotionally, lot of people were trying to blame him, but there was nothing he could do, when you lose power on a jet boat at speed, you lose all steering, and you're just along for the ride.......
http://www.nitromater.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6842

Also while searching Dan Pastorini on the net, I found this and thought it was kind of funny...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Pastorini

Family life
Dan married Playboy Playmate June Wilkinson...then divorced her (she was British and 10 years older), raced boats, drag raced cars, judged wet T-shirt contests, and starred in a B-movie called Weed: The Florida Connection.

http://www.tv.com/dan-pastorini/person/53462/biography.html

Perhaps Pastorini achieved his greatest "exposure" when, at age 31 and in his physical prime, he appeared in a photospread in the December 1980 issue of Playgirl Magazine. The photos showed a sweaty, post-game Pastorini stripping to a well-filled jockstrap inside a locker room and then removing the jockstrap for a shower.

:tv:

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
texan279 said:
Perhaps Pastorini achieved his greatest "exposure" when, at age 31 and in his physical prime, he appeared in a photospread in the December 1980 issue of Playgirl Magazine. The photos showed a sweaty, post-game Pastorini stripping to a well-filled jockstrap inside a locker room and then removing the jockstrap for a shower.
Just a bunch of wild and crazy guys those Oilers were.

texan279

Hall of Fame
Kaiser Toro said:
Just a bunch of wild and crazy guys those Oilers were.
I found the "well filled jock strap" comment pretty funny...:) I'll never look at Dan the same, all of that stuff happened before my time and I never knew about the Playgirl thing.

texan279

Hall of Fame
The Florida Connection - In this action film, a large cache of drugs has been concealed somewhere in the swamps of the Florida Everglades, and it will make a rich reward for the group who finds it first.

LINK

TwinSisters

Veteran
http://www.safe4all.org/essays/victims

After deliberating for just half an hour, a jury acquitted Minnesota Vikings quarterback Warren Moon of assaulting his wife, Felicia. The incident occurred in July 1995 at the couple’s home, and their terrified seven-year-old son called the police. Felicia Moon originally told police that she had been beaten by her husband; she had visible injuries. She later insisted to police and to the jury that she had struck first and her husband was merely trying to restrain her. Prosecutors had used a controversial new Texas law to force Felicia to testify against her husband. In interviews after the verdict, the Moons declined to criticize the law, saying simply that it was mis-used in their case. Prosecutors disagreed.
Not to mention Clinton, Stephen Hawking, Abe Lincoln, Greg Louganis, and Richard Hatch's boyfriend getting the snot beat out of them.

So you can add First Ladies to that list of people that think they can get away with anything.
---
Although I think Felicia Moon is a spokesperson for Domestic Violence now anyway ( on a side note: what's the difference between me beating the crap out of my spouse or some fella down on the street? I don't see why there needs to be a special category for domestic violence. Unless one is ok and the other is not )
---

On Jury and Trial:

OJ. OJ man. Being aquitted doesn't mean a < insert language that is judged socially acceptable by the jury of peers > thing.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
TwinSisters said:

Not to mention Clinton, Stephan Hawking, Abe Lincoln, Greg Louganis, and Richard Hatch's boyfriend getting the snot beat out of them.

So you can add First Ladies to that list of people that think they can get away with anything.
---
Although I think Felicia Moon is a spokesperson for Domestic Violence now anyway ( on a side note: what's the difference between me beating the crap out of my spouse or some fella down on the street? I don't see why there needs to be a special category for domestic violence. Unless one is ok and the other is not )
---

On Jury and Trial:

OJ. OJ man. Being aquitted doesn't mean a < insert language that is judged socially acceptable by the jury of peers > thing.
Much respect. I have no idea what you are trying to say but I'm feeling ya. It is reminiscient of ee cummings prose wrapped in Dantes Inferno with a slice of Haiku; a literary dynamo fileted and buttered to perfection.

texan279

Hall of Fame
TwinSisters said:

Not to mention Clinton, Stephan Hawking, Abe Lincoln, Greg Louganis, and Richard Hatch's boyfriend getting the snot beat out of them.

So you can First Ladies to that list of people that think they can get away with anything.
---
---

On Jury and Trial:

Well she said she struck first and he was only trying to restrain her, he was acquitted.
LINK

Felicia Moon, relatives and friends jumped to their feet, raised their hands and cheered the verdict as it was announced.

By the time it was over, however, a scratched and bruised Mrs. Moon had fled the house in her car, her husband in pursuit, and Jeffrey had been on the phone to a 911 police emergency operator asking for help because he feared his father was going to beat his mother.

Moon said he had been willing to take the blame and accept a plea bargain to avoid a messy trial, but his wife, who all along has wanted the charges dismissed, insisted he was innocent.

If the victim claims the alleged suspect is innocent and did nothing wrong, I don't see how a jury or anyone could find him guilty unless they were there and witnessed the offense. Only those two know what happened. She says he is innocent, jury says he is innocent, so to me he is innocent.

TwinSisters

Veteran
Kaiser Toro said:
Much respect. I have no idea what you are trying to say but I'm feeling ya. It is reminiscient of ee cummings prose wrapped in Dantes Inferno with a slice of Haiku; a literary dynamo fileted and buttered to perfection.
Yeah I am not debating anything. I am just adding things to the thread on Moon and domestic violence.

Although I do want to make the point that everyone gets abused. It's not just NFL players. That, I would not want to get lost.

TwinSisters

Veteran
texan279 said:
Only those two know what happened. She says he is innocent, jury says he is innocent, so to me he is innocent.
They whole affair was detailed in the press. She kneed him in the balls after leading with a 2 lb candle holder toss in a fight over credit cards.

It wasn't a one time thing either. There was a history of violence in their relationship. My money is that it was a two-way street.

Thinking about it now though... I bet that is why he fumbled all the time. A symptom of domestic abuse. ( just kidding... maybe )

mike moffat

All Pro
Wow! Alot of response about Moon. I still stand by my original statement. He's not a "Classy" guy. Where there's smoke, generally, there's fire. If it was a two way street. Make a right turn and get to hell off of the street.:club:

TwinSisters

Veteran
mike moffat said:
Wow! Alot of response about Moon. I still stand by my original statement. He's not a "Classy" guy. Where there's smoke, generally, there's fire. If it was a two way street. Make a right turn and get to hell off of the street.:club:
Myself.. I will give you that. Moon is not a class act, and really neither was Pastorini.

But both are good guys and still heros for me. Violence is something we all have to deal with and it's just dumb to think chicks are docile box turtle doves of love and peace. They are insane snapping turtle succubi hawks just as much as anyone else. Even fruity "happy" homosexual people deal with the same things.

I will tell you a story about Willie Nelson. Who sometimes gets the wife beater tag... his lady once tied him up in his own bedsheets and then beat him with a two by four. ( true story! maybe... as far as Willie stories go )

Myself, I had a chick kick me out of my own car at midnight in south Houston. And before she drove off, spinning rocks into my face, she pelted me with my own beer cans. Does that take anything away from me? No. Because I was like Dith Pran in the Killing Fields making my way back to civilization on the west side, on foot sneaking through the bayous and ditches to avoid the gunfire.

That's why Dan Pastorini is great. He played with a line that was so bad he broke his ribs seven times and made it cool for QBs to wear flak jackets in the pocket. He still the got the hot girl, downed a 12 pack at practice, and made it within one poor judgement call of being on top of the world.

Moon had a nation against him on the front and a banshee waiting for him at home. He beat Michigan as the Rose Bowl MVP, but the same pundits kept howling for him to convert to another position. On top of that he didn't get drafted by the NFL, because he wasn't going to be special teams 3rd string fodder when he knew that he was a starting QB. Thusly he was punished and exiled to the forests and backwoods of North America. Only to return as a king after after the "experts" and "25 years in the NFL" and the "coaches that know everything" had to be shown the error of their ways.

The point being here is that "class" is more of an attribute of the French and European philosophers. A greatness in a Texan is measured more by your will to stand up to adversity, to do things your own way as oppossed to how everyone else thinks you should do it. From the lowliest country boy to the highest, it has been that way since the Alamo.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
TwinSisters said:
Myself.. I will give you that. Moon is not a class act, and really neither was Pastorini.

But both are good guys and still heros for me. Violence is something we all have to deal with and it's just dumb to think chicks are docile box turtle doves of love and peace. They are insane snapping turtle succubbi hawks just as much as anyone else. Even fruity "happy" homosexual people deal with the same things.

I will tell you a story about Willie Nelson. Who sometimes gets the wife beater tag... his lady once tied him up in his own bedsheets and then beat him with a two by four. ( true story! maybe... as far as Willie stories go )

Myself, I had a chick kick me out of my own car at midnight in south Houston. And before she drove off, spinning rocks into my face, she pelted me with my own beer cans. Does that take anything away from me? No. Because I was like Dith Pran in the Killing Fields making my way back to civilization on the west side, on foot sneaking through the bayous and ditches to avoid the gunfire.

That's why Dan Pastorini is great. He played with a line that was so bad he broke his ribs seven times and made it cool for QBs to wear flak jackets in the pocket. He still the got the hot girl, downed a 12 pack at practice, and made it within one poor judgement call of being on top of the world.

Moon had a nation against him on the front and a banshee waiting for him at home. He beat Michigan as the Rose Bowl MVP, but the same pundits kept howling for him to convert to another position. On top of that he didn't get drafted by the NFL, because he wasn't going to be special teams 3rd string fodder when he knew that he was a starting QB. Thusly he was punished and exiled to the forests and backwoods of North America. Only to return as a king after after the "experts" and "25 years in the NFL" and the "coaches that know everything" had to be shown the error of their ways.

The point being here is that "class" is more of an attribute of the French and European philosophers. A greatness in a Texan is measured more by your will to stand up to adversity, to do things your own way as oppossed to how everyone else thinks you should do it. From the lowliest country boy to the highest, it has been that way since the Alamo.
Dern, I am blessed to be a Texan. :texflag:

texan279

Hall of Fame
from www.kffl.com

Steelers | Former league executive saw potential problems with Holmes
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:16:55 -0700

Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports former NFL executive Ken Herock claims he thought Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes was a problem "ready to explode." Herock is a former pro personnel director with the Oakland Raiders, Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay Packers. He has a service called "Pro Prep" in which he counsels and prepares college players on how to conduct themselves in interviews for the NFL Draft. Herock worked with Holmes in January and said, "I had an impression of the kid, where he was from, such a tough area, but soon as he told me he had three kids I knew it was going to be a problem. He was dirt poor, all of a sudden he's got a little money, you get a little rambunctious. But I would have never thought it would happen now. I thought he might explode in year two or three. Add it up -- no money, poor family background, three kids already -- something's going to happen."

Wow, just wow. Seems a little stereotypical to me...And because he had 3 kids he "knew he was going to be a problem". I might not know all of the details, but give me a break...And he comes out with this now, after Holmes is arrested...

texan279

Hall of Fame
Also from www.kffl.com

Steelers | Head of women's shelter asks Steelers to reconsider signing Holmes
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:14:42 -0700

ThePittsburghChanne.com reports the executive director of the city's Women's Center and Shelter, Shirl Regan, had strong words for Pittsburgh Steelers first-round draft pick WR Santonio Holmes. Regan wrote a letter to the editor asking the Steelers to consider not signing Holmes to a big money contract. During a Monday, June 26, appearance on ESPN Radio 1250, she said, "I would suggest the Steelers slow down and look at the whole issue before they sign the guy, allowing for due process to take place." If Holmes is found guilty, Regan believes there should be repercussions. Regan is not alone in her stance on Holmes. In a recent Pittsburgh Channel nonscientific survey, 71 percent of respondents said Holmes should be released.

Hutch13

List of demands
texan279 said:
Also from www.kffl.com

ThePittsburghChanne.com reports the executive director of the city's Women's Center and Shelter, Shirl Regan, had strong words for Pittsburgh Steelers first-round draft pick WR Santonio Holmes. Regan wrote a letter to the editor asking the Steelers to consider not signing Holmes to a big money contract. During a Monday, June 26, appearance on ESPN Radio 1250, she said, "I would suggest the Steelers slow down and look at the whole issue before they sign the guy, allowing for due process to take place." If Holmes is found guilty, Regan believes there should be repercussions. Regan is not alone in her stance on Holmes. In a recent Pittsburgh Channel nonscientific survey, 71 percent of respondents said Holmes should be released.

This is what i love about the texans is that they have a bunch of nice guys that do the right thing and not a bunch punks.

mike moffat

All Pro
TwinSisters said:

But both are good guys and still heros for me. Violence is something we all have to deal with and it's just dumb to think chicks are docile box turtle doves of love and peace. They are insane snapping turtle succubi hawks just as much as anyone else. Even fruity "happy" homosexual people deal with the same things.

Agreed. Thank you TwinSisters. I agree with what you are saying completely. I was one of the biggest Pastorini fans in Houston. I had a 1972 blue Ford pickup with oil derricks painted on the side. Along with the #7 and 34 on it. I agree with your take on the "Texan" attitude. I too, have those same feelings. It is what makes Texans different from the rest of the world. I'm very proud to be from Texas. My whole point was that Moon is not a class act because of his private life. Same for Dan.

TexanFan881

All Pro
texan279 said:
Also from www.kffl.com

Honestly, if they for some odd reason do release him, I really hope were in the hunt for him. The kid's got a lot of talent, and his problems could be fixed and we would get a huge steal from him out of free agency. Just think, a free first round pick :drool:

TEXANRED

Texan-American
awtysst said:
Is there an epidemic going through the NFL right now? We have a certain Bengals WR( who i will not name) who has been arrested 4 times, we have Santonio getting arrested for the second time.
Didn't you know? Its O.K. to beat your wife and children when you are an NFL star.

Just don't do any of that wacky tabacy and not harm anyone b/c then you might end up playing in the CFL.