Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 06-18-2006   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Baseball or Football

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2490178

Will Notre Dame WR/SP Jeff Samardzija choose to play football or baseball or will he try to be a dual threat? Any thoughts?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #2
texman8
Veteran

He'll be more successful in NFL, sooner....instead of laboring in minors. Doubt MLB teams will let him play football due to risk of injury.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Your right texman8. It will take him longer to make an impact in baseball then it will in football. I see him going to football. But you never know since the Cubs are struggling a bit maybe Samardzija gets bumped into the majors a little early? I don't know... Could he pull a Deion Sanders? Most likely not. He needs to be focused on one sport and only one sport, otherwise his performance will be average at best in both. I don't see how in the world his schedule would allow him to do both these days.
Old 06-19-2006   #4
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

i see him playing both for a little bit and then realize that he wants to do fball
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
i see him playing both for a little bit and then realize that he wants to do fball
I think he's got to make a commitment to one sport real soon. I think he realizes he has to make the decision soon too.
Old 06-19-2006   #6
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

If he becomes as good of a pitcher as hes suppost to be, he could make more money in the MLB, but Im hoping that he chooses football.
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #7
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only guy to really pull off both Baseball and Football and excell in both was Bo Jackson. I see by your ages that you might have never see him play. All I am trying to say is that it is almost impossible to do both.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Sounds like it's going to be baseball, and get a lot of money for it

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Quote:
A league insider with extensive knowledge of the dynamics and realities of the NFL draft process tells us that, in his view, Notre Dame receiver Jeff Samardzija has seriously undermined his status for next April by agreeing to a contract with the Chicago Cubs that promises him $7.5 million if he makes baseball his primary pastime.
I don't see him passing that up.
Old 06-22-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35
The only guy to really pull off both Baseball and Football and excell in both was Bo Jackson. I see by your ages that you might have never see him play. All I am trying to say is that it is almost impossible to do both.
What about Deion Sanders? Looking at their stats, Deion had a better batting average and on-base percentage. Bo was a better home run hitter, but I think Deion did well enough in baseball.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006   #10
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I tend to think he's a bit overrated in both sports...His higher ceiling, however, is in football, so he should stay with it...

More than likely, where he gets drafted next April will decide his future...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read